Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

easypazz wrote: »
    Exactly, you haven't a clue, yet you are throwing your toys out of the pram every 5 minutes.

I have worked in global supply chains and when you try and do something in 10 days in a volatile market place instead of your normal 6 months, sh1t always happens.

They are doing a pretty good job of this, with 300 flights you can sure that by flight 10 everything that comes in will be exactly what is needed.

You clearly have no understanding of what is involved in this.

And you clearly have no interest in making sure our front line staff have nothing but the best.

Like you said, sh1t happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

The average idiot doesn't use gloves right. They touch their face constantly. They don't take it off immediately when they come into the house. They act as if the gloves make them invincible.

Its the same for masks. Yet Asian countries have no issue with them. All it takes is another simple message about using gloves/masks properly for the average idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

BanditLuke wrote: »
    You keep asking the same question for some reason.

Try and keep up. Thanks

Well at least you have now confirmed that you haven't a clue of what is involved here but will continue to sling sh1t from the side lines, under the guise of representing our front line heroes.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Naggdefy wrote: »
    What do you know about me???

You're a grouch avatar on the internet just jumping on the popular side.

I know nothing about you or don't want to. Fools think they can judge people on what the post here.

I'm happy with my assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Allinall wrote: »
    In my case there’s no difference.

Well haven't we a high opinion of ourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

HSE didnt order PPE gear that was not good enough I am sure. But it is what they received. Not sure that is there fault.

I think people should use scarfs in public if masks are in short supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Everythings fine ladies and gentlemen. Don't worry about it front line workers, if you die sh1t happens according to easypazz
    I think u need to be tested

Well at least you have now confirmed that you haven't a clue of what is involved here but will continue to sling sh1t from the side lines, under the guise of representing our front line heroes.

Well done.

At least we now know you don't give a hoot about them. You'd probably have them working in black plastic sacks because well sh1t happens.

Well done on that.

And you clearly have no interest in making sure our front line staff have nothing but the best.

Like you said, sh1t happens.

Where did I say that?

But you keep representing the front line staff, I am sure they appreciate your efforts a lot more than they appreciate the people flying 300 flights and the people working endless hours in warehouses, driving trucks, unloading planes etc. to get them the best equipment they can in a volatile market.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Use of gloves by public largely futile

RTE really dont want us to wear masks or gloves. The mask will only stop you passing it on, so technically it is a benefit. It will not stop you catching it, although if you are practicing social distancing you won't catch it without a mask. But if you start kissing someone with it you will. No more kissing please.

I wear gloves out and about because when I wear them I dont touch my face. I still wash my hands/sanitise as if I wasnt wearing them. I also dont use trolleys or baskets, just my own bags.

Gloves are not the answer to anything really.

The virus cannot penetrate your skin, that is a fact. But if it is on your hands you might pick at your face etc. Wash your hands. The virus can attach itself to gloves, so it can stay on your steering wheel, get on your door handles etc from your gloves.

I see a lot of people paranoid about Supermarkets. Your half right, everyone needs to eat, so the virus will be passing through. However if you practice basic hygiene you will be fine. Using the sanitiser on your way in helps, also I would advise you to sanitise on the way out. Keep your supermarket trips to the bare minimum, no popping in for shight you don't need. As soon as you get home a good warm water wash of your hands with a bar of soap is fine and stop picking at your face, it can be done unwittingly at times.

The chances of you getting the virus in the Supermarket are really really slim. You would need to be licking the checkout counter or the cheese fridge, believe. The virus will survive on cold surfaces, but it needs to incubate, even if you got it on your hand the sanitizer on the way out will annihilate it. It is really really hard to catch off a cold surface in a Supermarket. Also remember the market is staffed and any staff working don't want to catch it either.

You will end up worse than Ronnie O'Sullivan ( a chronic germaphobe), keep washing your hands and stop picking your nose etc. If you meet someone you know a quick nod and a smile, no faffing or chatting, those projectile spits can be catchy, keep moving. Practice social distancing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Phoebas wrote: »
    I'm happy with my assessment.

I'm glad you got assessed and hopefully are receiving the necessary treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

Bit confused. Numbers seem good. Flattening the curve etc and yet papers this morning paint a different picture

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭plodder

Lads seriously China sent defective equipment loads of countries.

Were not alone.

They ****ed the world over.
    I imagine these contracts were signed in a fraction of the normal timescale and certainly no time for testing samples.So problems will be inevitable. I don't see why people are so defensive about it and trying to claim everything is actually perfect and no problems with them at all. The HSE are still doing a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Jesus christ that's already been covered, it's a small number out of a massive batch. They've addressed this as being part of the order not suitable and supplier is aware.

Why are people so hung up on a tiny part of the first batch of a massive order. Better to catch any issues now than later on.

At this point I think some people online feel they would be better placed to order the PPE than anyone in the HSE or gov.

35% is not a tiny number , and the rest of it can be used in some capacity is a bit vague .

They bought a pig in a poke .

plodder wrote: »
    I imagine these contracts were signed in a fraction of the normal timescale and certainly no time for testing samples.So problems will be inevitable. I don't see why people are so defensive about it and trying to claim everything is actually perfect and no problems with them at all. The HSE are still doing a good job.

In fairness, its only one person, who admits he doesn't understand what is involved, that keeps throwing his toys out of the pram every five minutes.

Everybody else pretty much understands when you try and do something quickly in a volatile market it won't be perfect first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Looney1 wrote: »
    Bit confused. Numbers seem good. Flattening the curve etc and yet papers this morning paint a different picture

“There will be a lot of death, unfortunately. There will be death.” - Donald

Where did I say that?

But you keep representing the front line staff, I am sure they appreciate your efforts a lot more than they appreciate the people flying 300 flights and the people working endless hours in warehouses, driving trucks, unloading planes etc. to get them the best equipment they can in a volatile market.

Not to worry i'll tell my wife when she comes in later that sh1t happens. I'm sure she'll appreciate it after her 12hr shift with faulty gear sent from the nation that is responsible for putting her life at risk in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

142 in icu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The chances of you getting the virus in the Supermarket are really really slim.

While I generally agree with your outline of supermarket pandemic etiquette, I disagree with this. Your chances in the supermarket are the same as your chances in any enclosed space. There is not something about the supermarkets that makes them safer than an open plan office or factory or any building, when there is what appears to be a highly transmissable virus going around. Ones chances of catching something there are not "really really slim" unless one takes very good precautions.
    That is just my opinion of course, it will take future research to prove or disprove it. For now I think it better if all people entered all enclosed spaces with the idea that they all are somewhat risky. If not for us, then for others with whom we might interact there and elsewhere. Until we find out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Final warning on the sniping and backhanded comments - it's getting tiresome. Further posts along those lines will be met with a card and threadban.

• Advertisement

rebeve wrote: »
    35% is not a tiny number , and the rest of it can be used in some capacity is a bit vague .

They bought a pig in a poke .

Yes they did

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Not to worry i'll tell my wife when she comes in later that sh1t happens. I'm sure she'll appreciate it after her 12hr shift with faulty gear sent from the nation that is responsible for putting her life at risk in the first place.
    Are you saying that the HSE are distributing faulty gear to frontline workers?

If you don`t test you don`t find .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

And not an Easter Greetings card, I presume ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Gloves are not the answer to anything really.

The virus cannot penetrate your skin, that is a fact. But if it is on your hands you might pick at your face etc. Wash your hands. The virus can attach itself to gloves, so it can stay on your steering wheel, get on your door handles etc from your gloves.

I see a lot of people paranoid about Supermarkets. Your half right, everyone needs to eat, so the virus will be passing through. However if you practice basic hygiene you will be fine. Using the sanitiser on your way in helps, also I would advise you to sanitise on the way out. Keep your supermarket trips to the bare minimum, no popping in for shight you don't need. As soon as you get home a good warm water wash of your hands with a bar of soap is fine and stop picking at your face, it can be done unwittingly at times.

The chances of you getting the virus in the Supermarket are really really slim. You would need to be licking the checkout counter or the cheese fridge, believe. The virus will survive on cold surfaces, but it needs to incubate, even if you got it on your hand the sanitizer on the way out will annihilate it. It is really really hard to catch off a cold surface in a Supermarket. Also remember the market is staffed and any staff working don't want to catch it either.

You will end up worse than Ronnie O'Sullivan ( a chronic germaphobe), keep washing your hands and stop picking your nose etc. If you meet someone you know a quick nod and a smile, no faffing or chatting, those projectile spits can be catchy, keep moving. Practice social distancing.

Like I said Im less likely or dont touch my face whilst wearing gloves. Its a habit I have as Ive worked in landscaping for a few years and wear gloves practically all the time, you could be touching anything from rats pee to dog poop.

Supermarkets are high-risk sites of infection/
    Shops are probably low risk in general, but when they are the only place people go then they become (nearly) the only risk.

I agree with you and I still santise/wash hands/even gloves. I use gloves more to remind me not to touch myself/other things than as an alternative to hand hygenie.

I wait till Im home and clean before I pick my nose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

For a germaphobe he picks his nose a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Good news doesn’t sell. Irish independent on about new measures but live to know what they are save for added resources to nursing homes.

The HSE has been a basket case since the day it was set up , its not suddenly going to change overnight .The fiasco with the testing and the ppe is normal

for the HSE .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

anyone?

The risks are common sense. Anything anyone else has touch could be contaminated and you should treat them that way. Keep your distance from others, wear a mask if you have one. Don’t touch your face. Wash your hands when you get in and wash any groceries you bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

142 in icu

So I was right yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement