Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Parks can stay open as much as they want, as long as people maintain social distancing. If that means a family of 5 keeping 3/4 metres from another family of 5 then by rule that's technically okay.

Nah its too risky. Unfortunately you'll get people ruining it for others. Lock them up and enforcement required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

You need to go outside
    No, he needs to stay inside.
    The problem we are having now is that a lot of people are going outside.
    This will result in a lot more people dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

are we sure we're getting day of death stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

just looking at a graph, we could have lower numbers for the next 4 or 5 days, or a week, and then another spike... or tomorrows numbers could be higher again...

b4f6aba245494a5af4c87527c33594b90cc12409.png

So it could go up or down, truly that is extremely helpful information

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Huge jump today new cases 11059 deaths 1417
    BREAKING - France says coronavirus death toll passes 10,000 after steep rise at nursing homes
    https://twitter.com/BreakingF24/status/1247578654684491777?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Coralcoras

Speak Now wrote: »
    Your sister is in the wrong job.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Parks are a brilliant resource in times like this. Just like the paths on public roads and streets the only thing that is going to be effective is personal responsibility, self discipline , responsible parenting no matter where we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

42,484 tests for coronavirus have been carried out up to midnight last night, according to the Dept of Health

12271 tests since last Tuesday

Are we are including the 6000 German tests in that number?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

domrush wrote: »
    So it could go up or down, truly that is extremely helpful information

look at the graph and draw your own conclusions, I predict we'll have a higher number within 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Kivaro wrote: »

There are no Garda inside his house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FullOf..IT

Are the German results included in our numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

11000 new cases in France? What in the ****,where did this come from

I just cannot comprehend the scale of what is happening in Europe, its insane

Kivaro wrote: »

You can't be staying inside 24/7

Just be responsible when you go out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lwaker.

wakka12 wrote: »
    US death toll getting scary high, almost 1400 deaths already today and will be updated at least 5 or 6 more times by the end of today

Bigger population

2/3rds of cases are coming from community spread. Our cfr is nearly 4%. Given the measures we've had in place for nearly a month I don't share the optimism of some on here.

Our daily cases seem to be following a fairly stable trajectory which would indicate its more down to testing parameters than mitigation.

Our deaths are anything but steady unfortunately.

Our positive rate as a % of tests is going up so not just down to testing. Also tests would be largely from people who contracted this >2 weeks ago.
    Anecdotally, I work in contract tracing for employees within a large organisation (c600 people). Up until a week ago we were getting about 2 requests a day to do tracing on individuals who were off reporting symptoms. In the last 7 days there has been zero. Companies policy has been to send anyone who is a contact of someone who is symptomatic home, and isolate for 14 days or until negative result. Large majority of employees are still at work as it is manufacturing of medical equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Are we are including the 6000 German tests in that number?

Yes they said the German tests were now in the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Narooma Ltd taking the HSE to court and refusing to release ventilators in the middle of a very dangerous pandemic strikes me as very bad form indeed.

They have enough to be doing without this distraction !

I'd be in the camp that the HSE should pay per the contract to be honest. Much like the restrictions, the rules are the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

FullOf..IT wrote: »
    Are the German results included in our numbers?

Good question. If they are then we only tested about 6k in a week here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Nursing homes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

42k tests has us at at about 8.6k per million. Comparable with South Korea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The peak better come soon in France and Spain or the danger is that dissent will grow among people under lockdown. There were suggestions that it had, yet the death rate seems to have risen again in these two countries if i'm not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

The peak better come soon in France and Spain or the danger is that dissent will grow among people under lockdown. There were suggestions that it had, yet the death rate seems to have risen again in these two countries if i'm not mistaken
    The death rate isn't the important stat, its the new infections. When the recovered per day becomes greater than the infected per day that's when you have it beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

joe_99 wrote: »
    Good question. If they are then we only tested about 6k in a week here.

Which would be about what was expected given the issues with reagent. Over 12k tests in total between labs here and Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

They have started reporting deaths from nursing homes, but I don't how they got to those figure. Surely a lot of people passed away before they got tested. Maybe it's been estimates vs seasonal average of deaths this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Discodog wrote: »
    Leo has made it clear that he doesn't expect to put these measures into effect.
    It is not up to Leo Varadkar, even as Taoiseach, or even in Cabinet

It is solely the prerogative of the Minister for Health who has been given the power to make orders ^to^ invoke the powers given under the Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,965 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've been going for a daily walk within 2kms of my home since before the stricter restrictions came in and in fairness to people they were very small and people were keeping good social distancing but last night was worrying. I think people are starting to become complacent. There was far too many people out and maybe it was the good weather but we need to only go out when essential and if we do go out for exercise we need to not all go at the same time.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    The death rate isn't the important stat, its the new infections. When the recovered per day becomes greater than the infected per day that's when you have it beat.

No it's the death rate that's important, it's the only reliable stat along with numbers in hospital

The numbers infected is impossible to say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Covid19 in any Irish prisons

Of course, the one place I wouldn’t mind seeing deaths in over anywhere else given some of the vile crimes some have committed.

Would be worried about the officers then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

lbj666 wrote: »
    They have started reporting deaths from nursing homes, but I don't how they got to those figure. Surely a lot of people passed away before they got tested. Maybe it's been estimates vs seasonal average of deaths this time of year.

Explains the deaths but why are cases like triple the other days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Tests 7 April 42,484
    Tests 31 March 30,213
    German Tests. 6,000
    If the German tests are not included then the HSE labs have completed 12,271 tests last week or 1753 tests per day

If the German test results are included in these numbers then the HSE labs have completed 6271 in the last 7 days
    or approx 895 per day.
    Does anyone know which number is correct?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement