Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

fritzelly wrote: »
    Still havent received that Covid booklet from the government - anyone else waiting?
    How am I supposed to know what to do...

What do you need to know? I’ll tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Garda commissioner requested the full powers this evening, discussed with attorney general and they'll be signed tonight.

Gardai will now be able to force someone to return home and stay there. Failure to comply can now lead to arrest.

Haven't seen a mention of fines. They've said they hope to use it sparingly

Would like to see anyone who is being paid the covid emergency payment and breaks the rules have it removed. Should focus the minds a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Would like to see anyone who is being paid the covid emergency payment and breaks the rules have it removed. Should focus the minds a bit.
    I think that’s a fair call

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

screamer wrote: »
    I totally disagree, staying at home is hard if you are used to being up and about and moving. It might be easier if you’re used to lounging around. Most people I talk to are bored, fed up and a bit stressed being stuck at home with kids and nowhere to bring them to relieve the tedium, but obey the rules as they know they have to. We rightly should acknowledge that, and empathise with people rather than telling them to suck it up......

It’s a pandemic you just have to suck it up, I wouldn’t be a lounger myself either but I make the day pass handy enough , plenty of jobs to be done, books to read , loads of online courses available free, plenty of things to pass the time incl the daily walk

Ya kids are the root of all evil when you have to rare them luckily I escaped that part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

What about the full time dolers, what would you like to happen with them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Fine Gael becoming more authoritarian by the day.
    Trying to get a rise there? They have to be because idiots will be idiots and they know this.

They are implementing this to protect the majority from the minority of idiots. But you know that anyway.

Law is to keep the unlawful in bay

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

And then what? Step out of the car? Blow into this bag? I am arresting and handcuffing you...?

I really hate clichés but the Gaurds are between a rock and a hard place.
    They can't do any of those things.

Section 30 offences against the state act covers them. Can stop and search if they suspect an offences has or will be committed.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1939/act/13/section/30/enacted/en/html

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Prime Time - this person doesn't want to be identified
    Shame you fecked up disguising his voice

What is this about??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Easter weekend coming up. Can't credit some people with a bit of cop on and decency. Increased powers the right move, if for the fear value alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Poorside wrote: »
    People haven't got it, 90% of people have, but there's a certain cohort that think they're special and act accordingly, idiots.

Personal observation:

Naw, its more like 60% have copped the feck on and 40% still think they're absolutely bulletproof to all this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Hadn't thought about that.
    In general any fincinal penalty usually gets peoples attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,521 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

That disguised voice on Primetime is ridiculous. Can't make out a word

but if you knew him you'd recognise him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Wombatman wrote: »
    Easter weekend coming up. Can't credit some people with a bit of cop on and decency. Increased powers the right move, if for the fear value alone.

What ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Culchies around the country gone nuts. Maybe the Dubs should do the same and stop them heading back to work, their digs and so on. Dublin born only, think of the reduction on road congestion and public transport.

https://twitter.com/PaudieP/status/1247601360402554881?s=19

Still havent received that Covid booklet from the government - anyone else waiting?

Use Google?

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/472f64-covid-19-coronavirus-guidance-and-advice/#information-booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Frightening amount of deaths today, what is the maximum it will reach next week if it will be the peak?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

frillyleaf wrote: »
    What is this about??

Some doctor spilling the beans - his voice went from disguised to undisguised to completely garbled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Tandey wrote: »
    Incinerator down in poolbeg would be fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

statesaver wrote: »
    What ?

Increased policing powers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Garda commissioner requested the full powers this evening, discussed with attorney general and they'll be signed tonight.

Gardai will now be able to force someone to return home and stay there. Failure to comply can now lead to arrest.

Haven't seen a mention of fines. They've said they hope to use it sparingly

Hopefully Gemma gets arrested for going outside the 2km radius to harass the Guards. although I'm guessing she'll now stay at home and encourage others, including her minions, Dee and the other one, to do her dirty work.

I have't received my postcards yet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Tandey wrote: »

Remove their dole.

Like i said should focus the minds

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wheety wrote: »

I wouldn't bother waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Naw, its more like 60% have copped the feck on and 40% still think they're absolutely bulletproof to all this

Where's your proof of this? anyone I know, friends and family and all my neighbours are abiding by the rules and staying in. Streets and towns are deserted.

I go to my local beach (yes it's within a 2km radius of me) for my walk and see very few people there. Your 40% figure doesn't stand up to what's happening around the country.

Wheety wrote: »

They're terrible!
    Not like nice postcards at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭screamer

Vivienne23 wrote: »
    It’s a pandemic you just have to suck it up, I wouldn’t be a lounger myself either but I make the day pass handy enough , plenty of jobs to be done, books to read , loads of online courses available free, plenty of things to pass the time incl the daily walk

Ya kids are the root of all evil when you have to rare them luckily I escaped that part

It’s not the fact that people have to suck it up, it’s the fact that that needs to be recognised, it’s not easy for people to do. It’s not easy for older people to basically cut themselves off from the outside world. And attitudes like this of suck it up are exactly the type that will make people resent the restrictions even more, and perhaps make them more likely to try and break them. We have to look out for each other, and try to be caring rather than have a stuff you attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Incinerator down in poolbeg would be fitting.

Do they need workers there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Hurrache wrote: »
    Culchies around the country gone nuts. Maybe the Dubs should do the same and stop them heading back to work, their digs and so on. Dublin born only, think of the reduction on road congestion and public transport.

https://twitter.com/PaudieP/status/1247601360402554881?s=19

they're right. dublin is the italy of ireland now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I wouldn't bother waiting

What am I supposed to do then? :D

Miriam just coughed. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement