Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I would trust your instincts on that particular fact.

Do Aer Lingus even have 300 planes? ( I genuinely don't know btw).

Some of the tripe I read I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The one I really cannot understand is why passenger planes are being used to transport medical supplies? Surely a cargo plane is the job here? Just saying.

Ken M would be proud of a post like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

ZX7R wrote: »
    The issue regards supermarket started by an English professor ,then it was picked up by some health organization that I never heard of.
    The world health organization is of the opinion on the matter is that spread in supermarkets is inconclusive at the present time and more investigation is needed.

I see that the HSE state:

After shopping
    Wash your hands immediately when you get home.
    Sort out your shopping on a cleared, disinfected area.
    Wipe shelving with sanitiser and a paper towel, then throw the towel away.
    Wipe the outside of all canned or hard surface packed goods (tetra packs). Use a paper towel and warm soapy water or sanitiser. This is because coronavirus can survive on hard surfaces for up to 72 hours.
    If you'd rather not clean the food packaging, you could leave non-perishable foods in a safe place for 72 hours instead.
    Remove outer food packaging and throw it away.
    Try not to touch the inner packaging of items such as yoghurts.
    Wipe down your fridge and cupboard handles using sanitiser on a paper towel.
    Wash your hands after you have unpacked and put your shopping bags away.

But other health articles say, "you're not going to eat the can or the wrapping", just wash your hands and don't touch your face before doing so.

I still haven't heard of many supermarket workers falling ill, so I am hopeful this is minimal risk (insofar as nothing is devoid of risk).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am not an expert in logistics, please forgive me.

No shït

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭threeball

wrangler wrote: »
    Of course they should have the best stuff, but so too should the public have a better service than heretofore and this latest episode is just another example of poor service.
    Had those that made the cockup been fired fired for lesser offences, of which I'm sure there were many, you wouldn't be in the mess you're in now

Cop on, there was no fcuk up. Millions of pcs of equipment were needed asap. Our procurement went with a WHO approved supplier. 90% of the first equipment is fine. Fine tuning and communication will sort out the rest. What were we to do, send people over, put them in quarantine for 14 days then watch the chinese make the equipment. Use some common sense besides posting rubbish like we deserve better. In an emergency you make do with what you have and endeavour to improve. We'd have alot more dead waiting for everything to be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sono Topolino

I think we need localised measures. I mean, where I live (Rathmines) they should ban jogging and cycling because it’s impossible to go to the shops or pharmacy without some sweaty panting gob****e squeezing past you. The paths are too narrow.

We know that droplets can travel 8 meters so I don’t want these feckers near me, where they can infect me, and I can give my immunocompromised relatives Covid-19.

But as others have pointed out, rural Ireland does not have these issues and people there should be allowed to jog and cycle all they want.

City and County councils should take over the responsibility of implementing these rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

is_that_so wrote: »
    An app may be with us in about two weeks, user-testing at present they said.

Let's hope it works on both apple and Android. Have visions of the UK government with their settled status app for EU citizens not working on either apple or Android!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

threeball wrote: »
    Cop on, there was no fcuk up. Millions of pcs of equipment were needed asap. Our procurement went with a WHO approved supplier. 90% of the first equipment is fine. Fine tuning and communication will sort out the rest. What were we to do, send people over, put them in quarantine for 14 days then watch the chinese make the equipment. Use some common sense besides posting rubbish like we deserve better. In an emergency you make do with what you have and endeavour to improve. We'd have alot more dead waiting for everything to be perfect.

There is no point trying to explain it to them, they just want a stick to beat the HSE with.

You will now be accused of being either

A/ Fine Gael fanboy

Or

B/ Not caring about frontline healthcare workers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Let's hope it works on both apple and Android. Have visions of the UK government with their settled status app for EU citizens not working on either apple or Android!
    Yeah, fingers crossed. I did hear someone say that tech companies are involved in it and we've plenty of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 WeMetHere

Tandey wrote: »
    They probably went for the extra cheap ppe on Alibaba by the looks of it.

Some people here are talking about alibaba, have they really sourced anything from alibaba for sale on Amazon or Ebay, or maybe for their own physical retail business? What’s your personal experience with alibaba? Or none, just saying it because other people have said that.

If you look on the YouTube, the Chinese doctors and nurses were wearing the exact PPEs which were shown in the warehouse today to fight the covid-19. It does take time to take on and off the gowns but they give much better protection, no hair or skin exposed in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

I think we need localised measures. I mean, where I live (Rathmines) they should ban jogging and cycling because it’s impossible to go to the shops or pharmacy without some sweaty panting gob****e squeezing past you. The paths are too narrow.

We know that droplets can travel 8 meters so I don’t want these feckers near me, where they can infect me, and I can give my immunocompromised relatives Covid-19.

But as others have pointed out, rural Ireland does not have these issues and people there should be allowed to jog and cycle all they want.

City and County councils should take over the responsibility of implementing these rules.

I would tend to agree here. Calisthenics should replace running if we are going to take this thing seriously, either that or jogging laps of a track or park somewhere, (which is impossible for most).

• Advertisement

WeMetHere wrote: »
    Some people here are talking about alibaba, have they really sourced anything from alibaba for sale on Amazon or Ebay, or maybe for their own physical retail business? What’s your personal experience with alibaba? Or none, just saying it because other people have said that.

If you look on the YouTube, the Chinese doctors and nurses were wearing the exact PPEs which were shown in the warehouse today to fight the covid-19. It does take time to take on and off the gowns but they give much better protection, no hair or skin exposed in the air.
    No, they said that some of the donations were unusable, not the HSE order. Paddy Cosgrave did go to Alibaba but don't know what his stuff was like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

We can make them and also reuse some of them

https://www.sages.org/n-95-re-use-instructions/

Projectfashion.ie
    youtube video on mask making

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDUkrDMDO3M

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

The paddy cosgrave stuff was alibaba and hse said today alot of things donated are not up to scratch which you assume includes that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

I understand your pain but we really don't want droves of yer sweaty panting gobshytes out here in the countryside either :D Can't they do star jumps in their bedrooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The way that this has been reported is very misleading. Anyone reading it would think Ireland had purchased a load of cheap tat or junk, when in fact it sounds like it is very good quality material, but perhaps not always suitable for specific Irish situations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

MikeSoys wrote: »
    should i allow a house cleaner into the home for a few hrs?... is there hse guidelines about this appart from no visitors

No. Get off your hole and clean it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

threeball wrote: »

65% is alright according to todays news.

I can put up numerous posts by nurses being forced to use the Christmas cracker quality PPE by those that won't be within 20 miles of the frontlines.
    Cop yourselves on and give us value for money (for a change )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Are ye going putting out a tricolour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

No. Get off your hole and clean it yourself

Oh give that over. The person might have a disability or whatever. Behave yourself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

No this isn’t Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭threeball

wrangler wrote: »
    65% is alright according to todays news.

I can put up numerous posts by nurses being forced to use the Christmas cracker quality PPE by those that won't be within 20 miles of the frontlines.
    Cop yourselves on and give us value for money (for a change )

And if its 65% so be it. Theres enough to cover us now and theres flights landing every day. 300 flights in total. Even if it stays at 65% theres going to be enough for everyone.
    Quit the bitching about uncontrollable matters in a crisis. Some of the stuff that arrived is better and more suitable than what was ordered. If you can find better and verify it im sure the HSE would welcome your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Put it up yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

No this isn’t Belfast.

Who mentioned Belfast?
    That’s my mind made up so.up goes the tricolour just to sicken the likes of you.
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sono Topolino

Gynoid wrote: »
    I understand your pain but we really don't want droves of yer sweaty panting gobshytes out here in the countryside either :D Can't they do star jumps in their bedrooms?

Feel free to ban Dubs and townies.
    -A Dub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Tricolour and mask making business. This time next year you'll be a millionaire. ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Good news from France, Italy and Spain considering how bad things are over there.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-number-of-daily-covid-19-deaths-in-spain-continues-to-fall-11968826

Hopefully this trend continues over the next week :)

There are a few caveats with that. France put in a lot of nursing home deaths on their Friday total.

Italy deaths went down but cases rose yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

There's now 50 nursing home clusters.

How is this happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

owlbethere wrote: »
    There's now 50 nursing home clusters.

How is this happening?

Lack of proper training in infection control and cross contamination
    Lack of proper PPE

Naggdefy wrote: »
    There are a few caveats with that. France put in a lot of nursing home deaths on their Friday total.

Italy deaths went down but cases rose yesterday.
    But it is fair to say that the rate of increase has fallen quite a bit for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Put it up last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement