Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Stheno wrote: »
    Over 1200 deaths in the US today

People in the US now td not even to go for groceries or to the pharmacy

Which States?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭threeball

Over 1200 deaths in the US today

People in the US now td not even to go for groceries or to the pharmacy

33000 cases in one day too. The numbers are just staggering there. For all Trumps talk of areas being unaffected, they're sure as sh1t affected now. New Orleans will end up worse than New York thanks to their crackpot evangelists

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

YFlyer wrote: »
    Which States?

It was a general advisory from Deborah Birx who is the WH response lead

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

threeball wrote: »
    33000 cases in one day too. The numbers are just staggering there. For all Trumps talk of areas being unaffected, they're sure as sh1t affected now. New Orleans will end up worse than New York thanks to their crackpot evangelists

Florida not yet in the top five affected states either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

devnull wrote: »
    Many celebrities are now backing this theory in the UK, such as Amanda Holden .

Calling people like her celebrities is part of the problem of people's priorities pre Covid

She's no more a celebrity than ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭threeball

accensi0n wrote: »
    That seems relatively low.

Their big bonus is that Seattle and California have handled it pretty well and managed to flatten their curve but thats two of the most progressive areas in america. Take away NY and Chicago and the rest is Hicksville. Science and government interference aren't high up their list of likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Has anyone watched the film Contagion. The film should be re-nominated for an Oscar. Its so accurate. The Virus in the film is a little more deadly but the film is chilling with how accurate it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

1200 in all states today?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    Has anyone watched the film Contagion. The film should be re-nominated for an Oscar. Its so accurate. The Virus in the film is a little more deadly but the film is chilling with how accurate it is.

Is that on Netflix or where can u watch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Yeah that movie was mentioned on this thread before by someone saying the same thing that it’s nearly identical to what’s happening now. Haven’t seen it myself but might get round to it.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »

No. Its available to rent on YouTube for 3or 4 euro. I got it off one of those dodgy apps :) Apparently the CDC was heavily involved while it was being created.

snowgal wrote: »
    1200 in all states today?

Yes but they are very early in their trajectory

New York estimate they will need 50000 ventilators next week

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

branie2 wrote: »
    I hope we'll see more recoveries

Have we any numbers of recoveries from ICU here?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Who could forget "I want every outhouse, hen house and cow house searched this side of the Mississippi for this son of a bytch"

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Have we any numbers of recoveries from ICU here?

Yes they said Friday that of 156 31 had recovered and discharged

15 had died irrc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

No. Its available to rent on YouTube for 3or 4 euro. I got it off one of those dodgy apps :) Apparently the CDC was heavily involved while it was being created.

It is on Netflix. I noticed it was added to Netflix today when browsing . Definitely recently added because I only rented it on the iTunes Store a month or so back.

Danonino. wrote: »
    It is on Netflix. I noticed it was added to Netflix either today or yesterday. Definitely recently added because I only rented it on the iTunes Store a month or so back.

Just checked there and your right. I checked two nights ago and it wasn't. I may watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Tippex

threeball wrote: »

There is more cases in NY in one day than every countries total cases below Austria https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

It is on Netflix. I noticed it was added to Netflix today when browsing . Definitely recently added because I only rented it on the iTunes Store a month or so back.

Might wait til this has all blown over before watching a movie like that haha

Just looking at you tube it’s in their top selling list now so loads of people must be watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

D.Q wrote: »
    Might wait til this has all blown over before watching a movie like that haha

Watch first part of The Stand after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Was on ITV (I think) the other night, definitely a reommended watch - was watching a video there the other day with the doctor who was a consultant on the film talking about this virus and how she messed up some things in the film

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

"Yesterday, 17:05 #9123
    d51984

Ive just lost my uncle about an hour ago to Covid 19. Its hit home very hard now.

Please please please stay in and stay safe everyone
    ."
    I'm carrying this over from Covid Part XIII....Just saw it, :(

Just felt crap I missed this yesterday and want to say d51984, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Are we seriously not having a 13th thread on a medical and scientific issue because of superstition?

Alllllrighty then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

I don't wanna talk
    About things we've gone through
    Though it's hurting me
    Now it's history
    Is it okay to say that what Beasty did, and then what you did...made me :(

Nothing more to say
    No more ace to play

And someone way down here
    Loses someone dear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭firemansam4

kilkenny31 wrote:

A little more deadly - I think something like 37% death rate in that film?
    Watched it a few weeks back, actually it was one I had on my hard drive.
    But it is scary how things in that film seem to be playing out in front of all our eyes now albeit not to the same scale as the film was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It was a general advisory from Deborah Birx who is the WH response lead

Didn't know Federal was taken over. They're going to supply equipment and manpower?

seems sky showed hospital in Italy in Bergamo and cbs got mixed up and showed same hospital saying it was in New York. later they apologized, poor performance by journalists there.

It is on Netflix. The guy that's on CNN every night talking about corono virus is in it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

Just checked there and your right. I checked two nights ago and it wasn't. I may watch it again.

Just watched it tonight on Netflix and while there are undoubtedly eerie similarities with the current situation, there are a lot of differences too.While social distancing is mentioned, you don't see anyone actually do it. In fact there are a fair few crowd scenes and huge panic buying and runs on pharmacies [plot related] and a general sense of panic which thankfully isn't a feature of our current reality. The ending,showing how the whole thing started, was particularly gripping and realistic and possibly close enough to to how this real pandemic started.

But also very interesting was hearing the now familiar, pandemic terminology: "social distancing" "clusters" "case zero" "hand sanitising." Hell, even "RO", a term I certainly wouldn't have known before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement