Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Naggdefy wrote: »
    I know he's covered in orange shi*e, but he's fresh enough for turning 74 in a few months.

I don't know how "fresh" his mind is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,741 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The US can't be even close to controlling it, figures have gone off the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Open with a big BANG. A fcuking nuclear war with China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Trump : " it would be nice to open up with a big bang" ......"i think we're ahead of schedule"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Zinc

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »

I doubt it ever was!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Just wondering where that's all because a friend lives down in Kerry and while the park down there is open for walks etc, all information points and offices are closed according to him and he's under the impression that it's the same for all of the national parks.

Probably accurate. My boss doesn't want us being on the payroll without doing something so it's site security nonsense for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Shn99 wrote: »
    Id say trump will pull WHO funding

He just accused the WHO of underestimating the impact of Covid-19!!

As if he would ever be guilty of such an accusation.. LOL.

The guy is mentally unhinged but that doesn't come as a surprise to any sane person alive.

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Loads of new accounts popped up in the last few months. I wouldn't take any of them seriously.

Good few resurrected from the dead too, well it is nearly Easter so fitting I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Tony EH wrote: »

You have not seen Biden lately. He's mind, mental health is definitely declining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

We have plenty of hotels. And we've been assured by FG supporters on here its only a handful of people coming in. Even a small travel lodge would do.

What some fail to understand (the HSE and Simon Harris among them) is once you let someone through an airport and outside, they are in the community. That means a lift from the airport with a relative or friend. It means sharing a house or apartment with someone.
    Its very difficult for most people to completely self isolate and many can't or won't.

It is though. Any regular user of flight radar can see that. In fact, anyone csn look up the comings and goings at our airports. I plane-spot from my living room window as I’m on the path where the planes loop around after initial take-off. There’s basically no air traffic going by. I’m not sure why you’d think only FG supporters are saying this.

A show on Netflix?!! Is this for real..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

We have plenty of hotels. And we've been assured by FG supporters on here its only a handful of people coming in. Even a small travel lodge would do.

What some fail to understand (the HSE and Simon Harris among them) is once you let someone through an airport and outside, they are in the community. That means a lift from the airport with a relative or friend. It means sharing a house or apartment with someone.
    Its very difficult for most people to completely self isolate and many can't or won't.

NZ has a strict lockdown but are only quarantining people who are symptomatic (presumably those with a temperature).

Quarantining every single passenger (mostly Irish people) who comes through the airport would be quite drastic and even draconian, given that the entire country is already under lockdown.

Dont usually watch these press conferences, but one word: Cringefest

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Babooshka wrote: »
    Can you imagine what's being done to her food?

Its definitely not going to be bland tasting :-D

Maestro85 wrote: »
    Probably accurate. My boss doesn't want us being on the payroll without doing something so it's site security nonsense for me.

Yep know what you mean, plenty of reassignment going on in the cc where my missus works.

My first one.

Every country saying how well they are doing and how great their people are, be it the Brits, Americans or us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

That reporter who asked about pardoning Tiger King should be removed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Christ its painful trying to listen to Trump, sentences making no sense.

Why do ye listen to him? I don't know what channel he is on (I only have 6/7 terrestrial channels) but I would not be listening to his nonsense at all.
    Or Sky News for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

Why do ye listen to him? I don't know what channel he is on (I only have 6/7 terrestrial channels) but I would not be listening to his nonsense at all.
    Or Sky News for that matter.
    Me too. I hit the mute button as soon as he comes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Maestro85 wrote: »

When do you think any of these parks will re open, and places like Dublin zoo. Maybe by summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

technocrat wrote: »
    He just accused the WHO of underestimating the impact of Covid-19!!

As if he would ever be guilty of such an accusation.. LOL.

The guy is mentally unhinged but that doesn't come as a surprise to any sane person alive.

That's hardly controversial, the WHO have not been an honest actor for most of this.

He's getting his millions and billions mixed up, this is the quality quarantine content we need :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

froog wrote: »
    Zinc

Come back zinc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The tests detect antibodies. If someone has low levels of antibodies, the tests may not work.

No the current method of detecting Covid-19 uses real-time polymerase chain-based reaction (PCR) which replicates much more than a million-fold any Covid-19 DNA copy of the viral RNA

See more here:

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2020/0330/1127277-coronavirus-test-laboratory-samples-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 82,741 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Reporters wearing masks, finally some sense in that confined air kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Come back zinc!!
    • Whole grains and milk products are good sources of zinc. Many ready-to-eat breakfast cereals are fortified with zinc.
    • Oysters, red meat, and poultry are excellent sources of zinc. Baked beans, chickpeas, and nuts (such as cashews and almonds) also contain zinc.
    Sources of Zinc.

Trump seems very very eager to get the country back to normal as soon as possible, IMO I reckon there could be a 2nd, and maybe worse peak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

walshb wrote: »
    I know it is asked a lot, and nobody knows, but do we think the current restrictions stay until at least end April?

At the very least

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement