Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

1917... He can't even get the year of that pandemic right...which we have all heard 1,000 times recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    I think you are so far off the mark there. We are far from being overwhelmed in ICU. We are probably in or around our peak now. I don't think our numbers will come down that quickly but I don't expect them to grow either. In another week we should be looking pretty good.

I will remind you of this post in a week and we will see then who is far off the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Danzy wrote: »
    That's hardly controversial, the WHO have not been an honest actor for most of this.

That’s true, as a relation of mine said ‘ they dunno their a@se from their elbow’ he’d been trying to follow their guidance but things kept changing masks, travel, no pandemic definition, then pandemic...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Shn99 wrote: »
    Trump seems very very eager to get the country back to normal as soon as possible, IMO I reckon there could be a 2nd, and maybe worse peak.

IMO he will not do that. He will leaving it up to individual state governors and medical chiefs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Obama will come out at some point:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

citysights wrote: »
    That’s true, as a relation of mine said ‘ they dunno their a@se from their elbow’ he’d been trying to follow their guidance but things kept changing masks, travel, no pandemic definition, then pandemic...

That's that so, if citysight's anonymous relative says the experts in the WHO don't know their arse from their elbow that's good enough for me, do as ya like folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

gozunda wrote: »
    No the current method of detecting Covid-19 uses real-time polymerase chain-based reaction (PCR) which replicates much more than a million-fold any Covid-19 DNA copy of the viral RNA

See more here:

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2020/0330/1127277-coronavirus-test-laboratory-samples-ireland/

Are they not the swabs?

Was there not talk about immunity tests to pick up antibodies? How can these immunity tests pick up antibodies if you don't have enough antibodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

technocrat wrote: »
    He just accused the WHO of underestimating the impact of Covid-19!!

As if he would ever be guilty of such an accusation.. LOL.

The guy is mentally unhinged but that doesn't come as a surprise to any sane person alive.
    To be fair so did others in Feb.

Try running his remarks in compilation of edited and omitted visual sound-bites, running Sept.- Nov.

Narrative:-
    Chinese lab Wuhan virus - I blocked flights, Dems opposed, sneaky EU allowed Chinese virus via back-door - I blocked flights, Dems opposed, Dem. Governors wanted all the ventilators - I safeguarded federal supplies for Louisiana etc., WHO Chinese infiltrators fed us false info. - I cut funding, next lot of outrageous statements etc. etc.

Given that attention attention span of average US cable viewer is less than Biden's lucid moments, we could be looking at another term unless DNC shaft Biden (if he's still having lucid spells) and insert Cuomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,741 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The theory of peak oil completely thrown on its hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I was talking to one of the Staff members in UL today. The bed set up at the University Sports Arena is been carried out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

It is though. Any regular user of flight radar can see that. In fact, anyone csn look up the comings and goings at our airports. I plane-spot from my living room window as I’m on the path where the planes loop around after initial take-off. There’s basically no air traffic going by. I’m not sure why you’d think only FG supporters are saying this.

I hate repeating myself but unfortunately on a thread like this I have to. This pandemic started with 1 case in China 6 months ago.

Just 1 case can cause hundreds more to be infected indirectly if it gets into the community.

Once someome comes off a plane here they are in the community. How do you think they get to their place of residence?

Those who have downplayed our open borders right now have been proven wrong time and again during this pandemic.

In fact it worries me that people still don't understand the problem. Some even laugh it off or make a joke about it, forgetting that someone somewhere is going to end up in ICU because of these mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I couldnt find any zinc lying about the house but luckily I found some lead so going to give that a try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Naggdefy wrote: »
    1917... He can't even get the year of that pandemic right...which we have all heard 1,000 times recently.

He said Seoul had a population of 38million people the other night. The man must be the dumbest fcuker that's ever lived.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I couldnt find any zinc lying about the house but luckily I found some lead so going to give that a try

Is zinc the cure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

BanditLuke wrote: »
    He said Seoul had a population of 38million people the other night. The man must be the dumbest fcuker that's ever lived.

Screenshot-2020-04-08-at-23-43-15.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Those who think we are at peak or plateau in terms of deaths doesn't understand numbers. We are a couple of weeks off it assuming reported infections stay at or below current numbers per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,741 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did the Chinese hold a daily press conference for their people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

I think there's zinc in some batteries? I'm off to lick a few anyway. What have i got to lose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

kippy wrote: »
    Those who think we are at peak or plateau in terms of deaths doesn't understand numbers. We are a couple of weeks off it assuming reported infections stay at or below current numbers per day.

Can you explain it to us?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Is zinc the cure?

No, this is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

"Everthing's fine guys. Here's Chin with weather"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Trump "We are in great shape" . Leaves the room.

Mike Pence "We find ourselves in the midst of a tough week"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Are they not the swabs?

Was there not talk about immunity tests to pick up antibodies? How can these immunity tests pick up antibodies if you don't have enough antibodies?

The material collected on the swab is tested using real-time polymerase chain-based reaction (PCR) which replicates any Covid-19 DNA copy of the viral RNA to determine a positive or negative diagnosis.

Afaik antibody tests to check who has been exposed to Covid-19 are still under development. If and when they are rolled out - they will detect those with antibodies. However that does not mean that the person is immune if the actual antibody level is low.

The paper linked to previously looked at actual antibodies in known infected patients.

https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3078840/coronavirus-low-antibody-levels-raise-questions-about?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Are they not the swabs?

From what I remeber pcr tests for rna virus during active disease. might get a negative result if you test too early on.
    Antibody test is for later on normally when one has revovered too see if you produced antibodys in your fight against covid.
    There were some tests being talked about that could do both.
    rember as with these test there is a failure rate. when some people will test positives when actually negative or negative when actually positive .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭dasdog

If I was an American I would have so much more faith in Mike Pence being the commander in chief. He's not an insane megalomaniac.

If they did i would imagine posters here would believe China and dismiss the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

deaglan1 wrote: »
    Deaths per 1 M pop. within Europe Only & excluding microstates. Note especially Slovakia - similar size and similar population to Ireland
    Deaths-per-1-M-population.png

Its about head starts, warning periods and acts of idiocy. Our act of idiocy was letting people over to Cheltenham and back. That act alone will cost hundreds of innocent Irish lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Screenshot-2020-04-08-at-23-43-15.png

:pac: He didn't did he?

dasdog wrote: »
    If I was an American I would have so much more faith in Mike Pence being the commander in chief. He's not an insane megalomaniac.

Comes across calm and measured, confident in what he is saying.

On top of his brief, one could say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

We all know that WHO was slow in calling the situation a pandemics. We also know that they were blowing up the Chinese hole. Saying that, the US were still slow to respond.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement