Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

By the no mask logic none of us should wear seatbelts because somebody I saw once didn't wear it right. So now nobody should wear seatbelts as they are too complicated.
    This is a false analogy as seatbelts are shown to save lives, masks, except in certain circumstances, are not. Wear one if you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

There’s just one problem - there’s no masks to be found anywhere.

you can make them

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=project+fashion+mask+making

variety of sites on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

is_that_so wrote: »
    This is a false analogy as seatbelts are shown to save lives, masks, except in certain circumstances, are not.

Except in certain circumstances. Right. So they do save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The social-media bandwagon around masks continues.

I certainly won't be wearing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,951 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Father was telling me about an ole wan at the post office 2 weeks ago who kept going up and down the queue "checking to see how many were in front of her", I say checking because every time she got to him she'd say sure wasn't I in front of you and every time he kept telling her No you're behind. Cow was trying to jump the queue.
    She was at it again today, was about to start going up and down the queue, this time stopped beside someone about half way up. No distancing was about 2 - 3 foot away from the other person and started asking them what was happening even after being told by about 3 people at the back what was going on. Thankfully someone came out from the shop asked her was there a problem and she went back to her spot at the back bouncing off me in the process even though I was well out of the way.
    Was problem few weeks ago as week with pharmacy someone came in, barged their way past the desk at the doorway saying "I'm a doctor blah blah blah", he was quickly kicked out of the pharmacy.
    This lock down and queuing is really showing who the ignoramuses are out there that just don't care about others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Halloween ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,688 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Doesn’t it just go beyond basic human decency and morality?

People like face hugger are the very reason we will be in this for much longer than any of us want.

To actively ignore someone’s fear and to be so arrogant as to think s/he owns the footpath. How brave. How very in keeping with community spirit and responsibility.

Gemma O’Doherty-ing their way through this crisis.

Ideally its the likes of him and his family that should be made suffer the consequences of their stupidity.

That's your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭tigger123

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Steve F wrote: »
    Sadly I believe you could be right.

From what I am hearing there are lots of people thinking things will be back to normal "in a few weeks."

Our only hope at present is successful use of an anti viral drug.

Vaccine realistically 12 -18 months away :(

People have to get their head around this now. The longer they stay in denial the harder this will be. We had posters on here as soon as yesterday arguing about lifting of restrictions at the end of the month ffs. I got ridiculed back in February for suggesting the schools may have to close until September now i'm beginning to think i was way out it may not even be this year.

You are right, the anti viral is our holy grail now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

I've seen loads of people with the mask pulled down around their chin. Some wearing it but not over their nose for some reason. I even seen a guy wearing surgical gloves with a mask pulled down around his chin, having a smoke. How do they not realise they are rendering the masks and gloves useless.

Hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

It’s already clear, you’ll be doing f all that could possibly benefit anybody else other than yourself.

We get it.

Dismount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

You may be required to when you leave your residence sooner than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Has Michael D Higgins made a national broadcast yet? I know he made an address on all regional radio stations early last week or the week before but has there been a tv broadcast by our president?

presume he is cocooning, unless he would make a statement from the door,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭facehugger99

That's your choice.

Absolutely, it would appear about 95% of people have made a similar one from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

The Guardian have a 100 day collection of articles on COVID-19. This one is interesting in terms of where it might have spread from.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/the-cluster-effect-how-social-gatherings-were-rocket-fuel-for-coronavirus
    possible formite transmission.

Except in certain circumstances. Right. So they do save lives.
    That would be a person who already has it protecting others and in very specific medical scenarios but not at all analogous to your seatbelt fallacy. Staying at home is equally as effective.

khalessi wrote: »

Cheers me dears x

You doing ok?

speckle wrote: »
    possible formite transmission.
    Yeah, there will be plenty of time to collate data after this subsides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

BanditLuke wrote: »
    People have to get their head around this now. The longer they stay in denial the harder this will be. We had posters on here as soon as yesterday arguing about lifting of restrictions at the end of the month ffs. I got ridiculed back in February for suggesting the schools may have to close until September now i'm beginning to think i was way out it may not even be this year.

You are right, the anti viral is our holy grail now.

Do you think school may not open in Sept? :eek: :(

I was also firmly in the September camp when schools closed and other Moms looked at me like I was insane. They fully expected school to return after the Easter break at the very latest.

Not knowing where and when all this will ease or end is very overwhelming :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I've also seen people with masks not doing these things. I have seen people walking around just wearing a mask.

That was me, I got arrested soon after. Some bullshit about pubic decency I dunno.

That would be a person who already has it protecting others and in very specific medical scenarios but not at all analogous to your seatbelt fallacy. Staying at home is equally as effective.

People can't stay at home all the time. Sometimes they need to buy food.Obviously staying at home is effective.

We will all be wearing them soon enough.

You are completely missing the seatbelt point by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,688 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It’s already clear, you’ll be doing f all that could possibly benefit anybody else other than yourself.

We get it.

Dismount.

You would assume his fictional partner and kid would be of some concern of his but then again responsible parents are a rarity nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

New York will experience a huge increase in deaths today as suspected COVID deaths are added to official total

Do you think school may not open in Sept? :eek: :(

I was also firmly in the September camp when schools closed and other Moms looked at me like I was insane. They fully expected school to return after the Easter break at the very latest.

Not knowing where and when all this will ease or end is very overwhelming :(
    Yeah, September should be fine and it's five months away! Look at how determined they are to get the LC& JC done. We probably won't hear about any decisions on this until next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

pjohnson wrote: »
    You would assume his fictional partner and kid would be of some concern of his but then again responsible parents are a rarity nowadays.

He is just looking to say something controversial and people keep taking the bait. Ignore him.

presume he is cocooning, unless he would make a statement from the door,

Obvious answer is obvious now you said it. :D

@spookwoman,

That lady at the post office could be unwell. Sounds like Alzheimer’s to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

There’s just one problem - there’s no masks to be found anywhere.

I think we are up a stream of excrement without a paddle

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

dacogawa wrote: »
    Your sister is a god send, I wish her everything good and thank her from the bottom of my heart!

You complaining about restrictions? I'll just leave this here...

508847.JPG

He makes it up as he goes along. I doubt his sister is a doctor if she's from the same gene pool.

There's himself, facehugger, dangerous quack and pencil neck who come to mind who are trolls\wums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Back in work today. Still no results since the 24th but approved by my consultant to come back as I'm needed in pathology.

First day back and free Easter eggs for all hospital staff from he HSE.. medium malteaser ones too ! Ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement