Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

153 in ICU

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Nobody says it isnt here to stay but restrictions will be lifted. They've said that

but how can you lift restrictions if restrictions are the only thing keeping a lid on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Arghus wrote: »
    Fck. I thought maybe the numbers might hover around the 3oo and something mark. 500 is bad news.

I think Leo will be at the podium soon enough.

Fck. I thought maybe the numbers might hover around the 3oo and something mark. 500 is bad news.

No its not. It's a single digit increase still

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Poorside wrote: »
    51,000 waiting to be tested, well that's just super.

I don't think that's right. Hopefully someone asks Dr Holohan about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭facehugger99

28 more deaths. 22 in the east. 2 in north west. 2 in south.2 in west. Median age 84.

The death figures are the biggest con-job.

The vast majority of these people have just reached the end of their very long natural lifespans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Gael23 wrote: »
    This can be attributed to the tests being sent back from Germany

Didn't say if included. Very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,625 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

eagle eye wrote: »
    They are using a test for covid-19 in some US states which gives results inside 15 minutes. Apparently this was developed by an Irish company.
    Why are we not using this? Like we are way behind with our results.
    You could have two if these places set us in Dublin, one in Cork, Limerick and Galway and then some in the major satellite towns.

51,000 waiting on tests in ROI

tom1ie wrote: »
    but how can you lift restrictions if restrictions are the only thing keeping a lid on it?

I'm just posting the information that's been put out in the media. They've said it will co exist for want of a better word

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The death figures are the biggest con-job.

The vast majority of these people have just reached the end of their very long natural lifespans.

Do you know what the word median means?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

No its not. It's a single digit increase still

Yeah, but it's still moving in the wrong direction again after a few days of relatively stable numbers. How can you spin that as positive?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

If there's over 50,000 waiting on a test and the positivity rate is around 20% as we have seen, then...….I'll let you do the maths on it. 500 is not a big figure in that scenario.

I'm just posting the information that's been put out in the media.

yeah sure we all know that information, but looking at the numbers and seeing the talk in asia of a second wave, i just cant see restrictions being lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Reproduction rate is close to 1 in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 86,625 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP today's 28

I don't think we are flattening the curve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

our testing program is a complete joke. we have no idea how many are infected or how this thing is growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I don't think that's right. Hopefully someone asks Dr Holohan about that.

Fergal Bowers tweeted that micheāl Martin said this.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1248290742726021121?s=19

Yeah, but it's still moving in the wrong direction again after a few days of relatively stable numbers. How can you spin that as positive?

Nobody is trying to spin it positive. If you watch the press conference here there are some great stats being given.

ICU numbers are what you watch. The R is now also alot lower. Nearly at 1 according to Philip nolan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

RIP, the 28 people who died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

We really need to see the number of tests to get the 500.

If we tested 5000 yesterday to get 300 but tested 15000 today to get 500 then we are comparing apples and oranges.

28 deaths, is not bad.

Median age 84, again, need more info, is this mainly nursing home clusters are where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

There'll be a lot of very confused people out there considering we're nearly 2 weeks into the new restrictions and we've got our highest number of cases so far.

Some clarity regarding how many extra tests that have been sent to Germany are included in these figures would be a help

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Transmission rate is close to 1 says Nolan!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Wow over 1% of the population currently awaiting a test is quite worrying given the pretty strict criteria

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    51,000 waiting on tests in ROI
    If that number is correct it’s crazy, even with revised criteria for testing that’s a huge number and the testing set up seems to getting away from them . Something needs to change before the whole lot comes to a stand still .

I'm just posting the information that's been put out in the media. They've said it will co exist for want of a better word

co exist?
    but restrictions are keeping the rates low.
    if we lift restrictions more people will be infected without a vaccine.
    this is just common sense

• Registered Users Posts: 25,464 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

speckle wrote: »
    could another family member do it on line for her maybe she doesnt know that possibility exists.

Thing is, I doubt she knows but like my Dad it’s psychological, having to get out to see / talk / interact... she is under house arrest I’m reading now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

This guy on TV3 is good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Thought they weren't available until May?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/apr/08/uk-covid-19-antibody-tests-not-ready-until-may-at-earliest

Is there different versions does anyone know?

The anti body test was supposed to be ready now (early April) - but ther was obviously a problem with quality as it has been rolled forward at least a month until early May - the test needs to be accurate for obvious reasons , particularly if you tell medical staff they can integrate with all patients -

Hopefully when the test is rolled out to general population, after medics, we will get a proper indication of real mortality rate of virus, and how many of us may have actually had virus , but were assymptomatic - this rate was around 50% in large Iceland tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

ICU and deaths are all that matters and they are holding steady. We could have 200 new diagnosis tomorrow and 500 the next day. Tests are coming back in drips and drabs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

froog wrote: »
    our testing program is a complete joke. we have no idea how many are infected or how this thing is growing.

Deaths and ICU numbers are extremely important.

If we never did a test these would still tell a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement