Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

road_high wrote: »
    What’s the Garda overtime bill going to be by the time all ends I wonder?

Who cares? They're doing a fantastic job keeping the community safe and keeping in touch with the most vulnerable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If it's the lab.....

More assumption and public bashing of people trying to do their best...

Sorry, it IS the lab that could do 1500 a day at full capacity. There is absolutely zero blame on them. I’m only bashing the people that are lying to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In 260 days to Christmas
    it's 625 days to Christmas

Santa isolates all year :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

We dont want to fatten our curves, ha ha.....ha

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

it's 625 days to Christmas

Christmas will be cancelled this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

No I've read it when this was initially agreed a few weeks ago, we cant have both the cta and the schengen. Cta is around longer

Ah I know. I was just saying people see a headline and go with that, but when you read the details, it explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Ah jaysus, Louise O'Reilly is some dose

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Ah I know. I was just saying people see a headline and go with that, but when you read the details, it explains it.

Ah ok no worries.

Dont think the whole EU entry thing matters much anyway , theres hardly anything flying anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

road_high wrote: »
    What’s the Garda overtime bill going to be by the time all ends I wonder?

€999,999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Christmas will be cancelled this year.

Christmas wont go ahead this year

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I dont think so.I do not think we are near the point where we are near being careful who gets a bed and who doesn't.Yesterdays press briefing stated that there were over 100 ICU beds still available...

Of course we are. We reached that point weeks ago when we cancelled all elective surgeries.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is it conceivably possible to get the R below 1?

It's a mathematical certainty. Either we get it below 1 by concerted action or we eventually run out of people who've not been infected. Once we have no further infections R=0

Of course when we can get and keep it below 1 is the real question

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Anything worth watching from TV this week?

I only watched Claire Byrne. Don't usually watch TV, so not familiar with the schedule and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

speckle wrote: »
    well meant one residency oh the embassy. who else?

There's a nursing home in the Park, St Mary's Hospital.
    The older part of the hospital still treats chest/respiratory cases, although its been winding down as a hospital for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Are you pro or anti treaty?

:p
    Id say maybe 11-17 months
    We dont want to fatten our curves, ha ha.....ha

Somehow it comes across as you having a poorly warped sense of humour.

Glad you find it all so childishly amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,416 ✭✭✭✭road_high

thelad95 wrote: »
    Who cares? They're doing a fantastic job keeping the community safe and keeping in touch with the most vulnerable

I care. This money is being borrowed and could be put to far better use in my opinion ie proper ppe with a focus on nursing homes where there is an actual problem. Instead of haranguing people out for a drive in their own cars. No issue with their work delivering and calling to elderly, that’s separate. But roadblocks all over practically empty motorists are an utter nonsense. Half a dozen Gardai on several I’ve seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,465 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Vivienne23 wrote: »
    All restrictions will have to be lifted at some point , even Ireland ,

The basic need for a lockdown is so our hospitals can cope , once we do this and numbers stagnate in our hospitals , restrictions will be lifted , with increased testing capacity we try to catch those cases quick , if we can’t do that we lockdown again until the hospitals can cope again ,rinse and repeat until we get a vaccine , this is it for the foreseeable!

100%, by being vigilant and not letting the cat out of the bag now we are giving society and hospitals and all services the best platform to fight and fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Did anyone catch the ICU numbers for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Christmas wont go ahead this year

Hopefully, it would be no loss. It could be a great time of year if the extreme panic buying was stopped.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    It's a mathematical certainty. Either we get it below 1 by concerted action or we eventually run out of people who've not been infected. Once we have no further infections R=0

Of course when we can get and keep it below 1 is the real question

Yes, the plus side to exponential growth is exponential decay, which happens once the R0 goes below one. Barring any imports, the virus fizzles out and cases drop to zero.

Exponentials are endlessly fascinating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

laughing in deaths face one might say 

Dundalk, Co. Louth

igCorcaigh wrote: »

I only watched Claire Byrne. Don't usually watch TV, so not familiar with the schedule and so on.

Murder she wrote is on late on TG4, not sure which night. Got stuck watching one night, was an episode I never saw before. Jessica is so unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

gabeeg wrote: »
    The ambulance crew are triaging patients themselves. I've a little personal experience of this myself. They're doing a bloody good job, and keeping the hospitalisation rate to a minimum while still making sure people left home are monitored regularly and ok.

Same goes for ICU. In the first week of this crisis they would have admitted people to ICU that would have no chance of being admitted today.
    And probably rightly so. They'll be getting better and better at identifying serious cases as each day passes.

Basically the only number worth looking at is the death rate, and for a variety of reasons that's not all that reliable either.
    So from reading that, only people needing the hospital go to the hospital (based on the ambulance crew checking temp and O2 stats etc...) Which makes sence to keep beds available. I guess the stepdown facility in City West is to move people from hospital to recover once they are over the worst. Again keeping beds available to the max.

The ICU admissions, I assume they weren't specifically admitted to be intubated, just to be monitored more carefully?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

There's a nursing home in the Park, St Mary's Hospital.

Yes, there's quite a few old deers living in the park .... hee hee hee

Even under the current difficult circumstances, this is still a dreadfully produced video

It is however jammed full of experts and very informative.
    Although very UK centric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05-jbrHRmrs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

gmisk wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/park-people-1.1005940
    Keepers, foremen and many more including retired former workers.
    There are plenty of other people now this is an old story.
    would never have thought 40 households. Many of them over 70. I hope they are all keeping well and safe.

Murder she wrote is on late on TG4, not sure which night. Got stuck watching one night, was an episode I never saw before. Jessica is so unfortunate.

I was thinking of something Covid related that I can catch up on :)

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

VCh7z8tnv54u.gif

• Advertisement

Yes, the plus side to exponential growth is exponential decay, which happens once the R0 goes below one. Barring any imports, the virus fizzles out and cases drop to zero.

Exponentials are endlessly fascinating :)

That's not true.

They're extremely interesting initially, but all of a sudden become immensely boring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement