Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

tails_naf wrote: »
    Genuine question, and sorry if its been asked before, i have not been keeping up with the threads so closely.

I've been locked down since the day the schools were closed. I've left the house to shop only 2 times and the other 2 times had it delivered. Wiped food packages down with soapy water, etc. Yet right now, in the last 3 days I have developed a cough and runny nose. Even if this is not coronavirus, how the hell did I catch anything being so isolated ?
    There is a reason the Chinese were disinfecting roads and walls. Things are not as they seem

https://www.somagnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/f5-1-e1581462287263.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

What did ye think of yer man's comments on prime time. "were not going back we need to find a new way to live"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭political analyst

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    The ratio of cases requiring hospital care is still too high to allow the virus sweep through the population.

If there wasn't a functioning economy then there won't be enough money to have a functioning health service and then lives will be lost anyway - that's what Peston said tonight on News at Ten (ITV).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Hmmm, that may be the case... :)

well you see, I be thinkin',that they proberly wouldn't mind us drawing that down now, cos if it helps get us movin' the otherside of this virus thingy. That should be benifical to them too. In layperson terms if you know what I mean like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Wolf359f wrote: »
    I didn't hear the positive % for today's cases.
    But going by the recent 15% it would have meant 3333 tests.
    Even just testing hospital cases (UK has a ~40% positive rate) would be 1250.
    But we only have about 1600 hospitalized in total, since this began.
    I don't know. My head hurts now!

They have a page full of stats here
    https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/0369d8-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-thursday-9-/

but not the ones most of us are interested in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Delayed for some reason... starting at 23:30 hrs our time.

On the phone to Putin.

Should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DevilsHaircut

If there wasn't a functioning economy then there won't be enough money to have a functioning health service and then lives will be lost anyway - that's what Peston said tonight on News at Ten (ITV).

Money does not exist as a thing in itself. It is a means of exchange between human beings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Looney1 wrote: »
    What did ye think of yer man's comments on prime time. "were not going back we need to find a new way to live"

I didn't watch it. I might watch it online over the weekend. I can't watch any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Looney1 wrote: »
    To get to the "new" way we need efficient and effective testing and tracking. Not the sh1t system we have at the moment. Also quarantining and testing people coming to the island of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Beasty wrote: »

The real number today

Here comes the Clown....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

little_innocent_lamb_trump___marian_kamensky.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

fritzelly wrote: »
    Did anyone catch the ICU numbers for today?
    Beasty wrote: »
    I think he meant the current ICU numbers. That link is the total who have needed it. I didn't catch it, but RTE is reporting that 'Of these, 153 (63%) are still in hospital' but I believe some have been discharged back to wards.
    Couldn't RTE but a tracker, like with elections of current cases, ICU, admissions etc... on their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Trump and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force Press Briefing From the White House live.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,618 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Peston seems to have attended the Dominic Cummings School of Pandemic Handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭political analyst

Money does not exist as a thing in itself. It is a means of exchange between human beings.

Then how is the health service to be funded? By bartering?!

Here comes the Clown....

Gotta be the Trump Show on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

We fight on here about restrictions , resposibilty, minor infractions and over reactions and then you read this :-
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/im-a-bit-upset-frontline-healthcare-worker-after-patient-spat-in-his-face-39116558.html

What an absolutly horrible person, think this is one of the worst stories I've heard in ireland since this crisis began, hope health care workers were ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

fin12 wrote: »

I would have relocated the scumbag to the gutter outside the hospital, where she would feel right at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    Simon Gregson has revealed that he has been suffering with the "bloody awful" coronavirus.

The 45-year-old actor, who has played Steve McDonald on the soap since 1989, urged fans to stay safe.

He wrote on Twitter: "1st day out of bed today starting to feel a little better after contracting the virus, my main symptom was gastric and still is bloody awful but lucky to not have respiratory. Stay safe everyone x.
    "

The symptoms seem to change and be different in everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

If governments took this route and not go into lockdown/slow down mode, wouldn't it just lead to society breaking down? People dealing with sickness, death, and high unemployment. If someone is lucky enough to hold down a job, the government will hardly let them be sick in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1248370388834361345?s=19

Not sure what that means for us. Haven't been following the financial aspect of this much.

Bit skimpy of them.

They are hoping it won't be going on for another week by the look of it.

Lots more information to come yet but the amounts are derisory and the options chosen are minimal impact ones in these circumstances.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

By prioritising need. The resources of labour and technology are already there. Of course there is money involved, we know how money is created. Its ultimately a political choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

speckle wrote: »
    maybe go back to the TB era. didnt they bring some patients out into the fresh air?

I recently listened to a podcast documentary about TB patients in Ireland. And they were brought out, beds n all. I think it was from the "Documentary on one" RTÉ Radio collection of podcasts.

I didn't hear the positive % for today's cases.
    But going by the recent 15% it would have meant 3333 tests.
    Even just testing hospital cases (UK has a ~40% positive rate) would be 1250.
    But we only have about 1600 hospitalized in total, since this began.
    I don't know. My head hurts now!
    gabeeg wrote: »
    They have a page full of stats here
    https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/0369d8-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-thursday-9-/

but not the ones most of us are interested in
    I know. The detailed info from the government is just mainly cumulative stats.
    Many journalists ask for current figures and most times they get them, they can easily add them to to ticker tape on RTE or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I think he meant the current ICU numbers. That link is the total who have needed it. I didn't catch it, but RTE is reporting that 'Of these, 153 (63%) are still in hospital' but I believe some have been discharged back to wards.
    Couldn't RTE but a tracker, like with elections of current cases, ICU, admissions etc... on their site?

Thanks - just listened back and he did say 153

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DevilsHaircut

Borrowing, printing 'money', inflation, euro covid bonds, debt defaults (all fairly meaningless when the whole world is doing it) and indeed bartering if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ireland portrays itself as world leaders in all things pharmaceutical, but seems its all a mirage, many companies in Ireland in that field, but they're mostly foreign companies, and they export everything. Reality is we're far far behind, and this crisis has shown just how far behind we are, Uzbekistan has tested far more people,Venezuela has tested more people, and many more so called ''**** holes.''

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement