Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

They are not holding back.

The page, headed “Kilkee Residents Health Defence”, stated: “Holiday home owners. Stay at home does not mean your holiday pad. We would like you to return to your home. Do the right thing, F**k out of Kilkee NOW! If you do not leave, when the crisis is over, you may not have a holiday home to return to this summer.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Vicxas wrote: »
    2 more weeks minimum of current restrictions i reckon. Then we'll transition slowly if cases don't spike between then

Is there a planned announcement today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Wibbs wrote: »
    You'd think Itso, but apparently not simple enough for some. Never underestimate the stupidity and selfishness of a sadly substantial enough percentage of the population. In our normal day to day lives we tend to filter the idiocy out. Better for our minds to do so. But in unusual circumstances like we're living through at the moment and with the heightened awareness that comes with it, it can be genuinely scary and baffling to see how many truly stupid people there are out there.

I still try to zone it out for my own peace of mind, and for if I didn't I fear I'd be bringing a weighted cudgel with me to the local supermarket to put such idiots out of our misery. :D If a virus ever comes along that targets the stupid and the selfish I'd be rushing for the option of "herd immunity" outa the gate.

Yeah i normally wouldn't give a hoot about stupidity that effected the person themselves but it is really hard to hold fire and remain zen when it effects everyone. These idiots are prolonging the pain for all of us. Unfortunately it looks like the government will have to enforce even harder restrictions later on today as some aren't just getting onboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Strumms wrote: »
    100%. Our butcher delivers. A great butcher, He also keeps a good stock of vegetables too. A day or two from order to delivery only.

We are the sane people.

Order online whatever you can. Wipe down stuff. Keep away from each other.

Simple. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Yester wrote: »

The page, headed “Kilkee Residents Health Defence”, stated: “Holiday home owners. Stay at home does not mean your holiday pad. We would like you to return to your home. Do the right thing, F**k out of Kilkee NOW! If you do not leave, when the crisis is over, you may not have a holiday home to return to this summer.”

Fair play to them. You do what you can to protect your home and community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

How would governments make sure no one can protest the next time they bail out the banks and the corporations? ( coming soon).. set up a surveillance police state and remove people's right to protest, along with their right to travel within their own countries and their right to assemble. Use the excuse that the police state has to be set up for people's own good, use the media to scare people into accepting the loss of democracy, loss of their livelihood, and total loss of their rights. The Irish governments numbers are baloney, people who die in the end stage of terminal illness such as Cancer and COPD are being signed off as having died of covid19. The numbers are BS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Whose home? My home? Is this just a house or a home? What makes a home. Home is where the heart is so I should follow my heart but that might involve leaving the house. It's complicated enough when you get into it.

That's the biggest reach since humans flew to the far side of the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

I know that what I am going to say will be hugely unpopular. But I have observed the HSE a lot, and I think that it is a pretty decent system. It is not perfect; like every other health service in the world it is under pressure. But if a person is genuinely in need of healthcare, they will get top-class healthcare, regardless of who they are. I have witnessed patients being reviewed by five consultants in different specialities in one day when somebody is critically ill. The consultants are highly trained here (more than in the US, and certain other European countries).

If you read the French media, or the UK media, their health systems buckle in the same way our health system does. The truth is that people are living longer. And as people grow older, they accumulate more health issues. This changing demographic is compounded by the increasing expectations for the level of treatment for sick people (thankfully, we can cure more people now). These positive results, are invariably going to place strain on any health system. I think that the health system is coping relatively well here. I would choose the HSE before I would choose the US.

It really depends on what needs to be seen or what issue needs to be addressed. Some areas function quite well from what I’ve seen but other areas are extremely poor with extremely long waiting times for cases that are referred to as urgent by doctors . A lot of people now just pay for health insurance for this very reason. Granted in an emergency you will be given the same treatment but if you need to get diagnosed with something that could be urgent there really is no comparison with wait times with private hospitals and HSE.

The HSE consultant and frontline workers are excellent and very well trained. In my opinion in the management of resources that is a big issue. The care - if you can get it - is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

This crisis is definitely bringing the base instincts of some people to the fore.

BanditLuke wrote: »

I've got to wonder if the trip around the holiday homes to deliver the leaflets was a necessary one.

Maybe we need a splinter group to force this group to stay home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

How would governments make sure no one can protest the next time they bail out the banks and the corporations? ( coming soon).. set up a surveillance police state and remove people's right to protest, along with their right to travel within their own countries and their right to assemble. Use the excuse that the police state has to be set up for people's own good, use the media to scare people into accepting the loss of democracy, loss of their livelihood, and total loss of their rights. The Irish governments numbers are baloney, people who die in the end stage of terminal illness such as Cancer and COPD are being signed off as having died of covid19. The numbers are BS.

Hi Gemma :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Stateofyou wrote: »
    That's the biggest reach since humans flew to the far side of the moon.

I joke around but I do take this very seriously. I don't leave the house except for daily excercise ( where I meet no one) and a weekly shop. Everything gets washed and disinfected. I see a lot of people that travel from house to house to check on parents etc. They mean well and really don't seem to understand that the best thing they could do is stay away.

BanditLuke wrote: »

There is no community in Kilkee, the place is an abandoned fu(king ghost town for half the year. Classic case of inbred fear infused yokels biting the hands that feed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,466 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We are the sane people.

Order online whatever you can. Wipe down stuff. Keep away from each other.

Simple. Right?

Completely. A lot of food suppliers are taking orders over the phone too and delivering. You don’t need a credit card, you don’t need to be able to navigate websites if not used to them if of a more senior generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

EVM5uyo-Uc-AEs-E-0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Whose home? My home? Is this just a house or a home? What makes a home. Home is where the heart is so I should follow my heart but that might involve leaving the house. It's complicated enough when you get into it.

Mental gymnastics can be hard work.

I suppose if people generally just stay at home they won’t have to try and tell themselves a story of how choosing to be a w*nker for your own pleasure, is in fact not being actually being a w*nker...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The donkey's face. I have this human well trained. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭weisses

extend the restrictions for another 2 weeks but the third week has to be the transition week (bar the bank holiday)

Why ?

Hi Gemma :D
    Irish people are generally too stupid to know when they are getting conned. All the Thick Paddy jokes aren't far wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

You do not actually know that. You are just repeating idle shouty speculation from places like Red Ice or GLP or Stefan Molyneaux or PJW or Icke or any number of jumped up conspiracy experts in your local neighbourhood facebook or twitter feed stream. You are literally parroting gobshytes who know zilch because NO ONE knows the truth of this right now.
    Now, normally, I would be the type of lady to amiably shoot the breeze with a few select people who intelligently hold contrarian ideas, and even be amused, and the very very odd time informed. But what little friendly tolerance I have had for some such chan style iconoclasts has evaporated entirely given that I can personally see for a clear deductible fact that we know next to fcuk all about this yet, as it is a bare 4 month old novel virus that the species had not yet encountered.
    So no. The new world order is not being forced upon us by the globalist elites under the guise of a plandemic.
    This ain't that show. Yet.
    Okay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

frillyleaf wrote: »
    The HSE consultant and frontline workers are excellent and very well trained. In my opinion in the management of resources that is a big issue. The care - if you can get it - is fantastic.
    Very much so. They have been very let down by management and for donkey's years.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Irish people are generally too stupid to know when they are getting conned. All the Thick Paddy jokes aren't far wrong.

But not you Jimmy; only you can see the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Gynoid wrote: »
    Perhaps you can provide the policy makers with your suitably researched and backed up claims on divorce rates, suicide rates and mental health issues that counterpose the pandemic research rates and proper medical extrapolations.
    There is so much hype and hyperbole from people who are supposedly in the sane "please let us think of the economic consequences" brigade. Spouting shyte more like.
    You know next to feck all about this disease, like the rest of us, and yet you speak of growing psychological problems as if from your armchair you can magically divine them.

The people who divorce because of this did not really like each other all that much anyway. Tis better they part. The people who cannot observe a period of social and economic restriction in a pandemic without falling into a mental health chasm cannot guide our requirements - they should instead look to better management of their own psychology. In the past 100 years our forefathers and mothers had to endure so much worse. The people who cannot help their children aught to grow up faster, there are a multitude of ways to educate and entertain your children nowadays. How about simply be with them. I educated mine for more than a decade at home and they all excelled in University. None of these tasks are even difficult. All this whimpering of think of the economy is bread head bluster. The economy and money will be waiting patiently for your endless desires on the other side of this.

I was thinking about families living in bedrooms and small spaces hiding during WW2 and how difficult some people are finding it to stay in their homes with all the comforts we have now.

Obviously it’s challenging and I do understand more so for some than others but it is great we can still go out for exercise /watch tv / buy books / spend time with our families / do garden etc

Gynoid wrote: »
    So no. The new world order is not being forced upon us by the globalist elites under the guise of a plandemic.
    This ain't that show. Yet.
    Okay.
    +1. Though one mate of mine on the subject of masks and why so many nations are so dead set against their wearing, joked that maybe the New World Order is against them because face tracking apps won't work... Hmmmm... :D The conspiracy forum has just lit up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭Storm 10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Nermal

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lads am I missing something or is "stay at home" a very simple concept to understand ? I mean it's not peace in our time lads.

Already an inanity but you somehow made it even more bovine by both starting and ending it with ‘lads’, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,326 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The donkey's face. I have this human well trained. :D

The donkey's like "So this is how it feels. This is feckin great!"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Very much so. They have been very let down by management and for donkey's years.

Need a better carrot and stick approach. Or just a massive stick to the ass of upper level management .... Frontline staff shouldn’t be carrying donkeys on their backs to stop them setting off landmines that damage others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

+1. Though one mate of mine on the subject of masks and why so many nations are so dead set against their wearing, joked that maybe the New World Order is against them because face tracking apps won't work... Hmmmm... :D The conspiracy forum has just lit up.

Hehe yeah I know that idea. Perplexing one for the technocrats ;):)

• Advertisement

Storm 10 wrote: »

Look. A 'journalist' was sent down to the port to get a story ... and a story she got.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement