Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

What did Leo say about after 5th of May? We better be guaranteed a loosening of restrictions by then
    Tell you what. You go find a cure by then and I'll guarantee less restrictions. Till then off to bed/couch you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

fr336 wrote: »
    Just been out for walk (England). God the joggers get on my tits. Only a few of them but that was enough. Breathing and panting past you. Surely such geniuses could work out an exercise regime at home? Or simply walk like us mere mortals?

Do you normally walk without breathing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Mon Oireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

But it is being enforced by the guards. They have the powers to so now.

Is it not being enforced for this weekend only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Beyond August hahaha yeah right

Yes that's right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

It doesn't matter if its Irish people returning to Ireland.

The coronavirus doesn't give a damn about your nationality.

Joke of a "lockdown".

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Three weeks is a long time, but completely understandable too. Are we looking at September before schools are back, and do the kids repeat the year or just carry on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

lawred2 wrote: »
    Maybe you could stay at home

Maybe they should. I'm far less of a risk to others. Oh and I'm an essential worker when I finish my leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

fr336 wrote: »
    Just been out for walk (England). God the joggers get on my tits. Only a few of them but that was enough. Breathing and panting past you. Surely such geniuses could work out an exercise regime at home? Or simply walk like us mere mortals?

Covid 19 has I think united the nations against joggers. They are a fcking nuciance - impatient, dirty in their habits and generally all pointy elbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

They should restrict each reporter to one question, that guy had four questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

What did Leo say about after 5th of May? We better be guaranteed a loosening of restrictions by then

Seriously?
    No one can guarantee anything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Plenty.

We're facing bankrupcy as a nation but the government can afford 2 signers for every press conference. Ridiculous.
    FFS. why do they need 2 sign language signers?

Can they not give RTE a transcript of the speeches in advance and put them up as subtitles?

Imagine everything going on in the world right now and you're giving out about 2 people doing sign language rather than one. :pac::pac::pac:

Having a bad day until I seen this

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

No guarantee!
    Could well be extended again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Gael23 wrote: »
    Thats too much. People wont take it lying down

Of course they will, if they have a brain in their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Do you normally walk without breathing?

You know exactly what I meant. Out of breath from their business as usual running. Ironically if they've caught this thing the exercise may be detrimental.

Beyond August hahaha yeah right

Until there's a cure or a vaccine, this is our future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Is it not being enforced for this weekend only?

Harris is about to answer that.
    To be honest I just sort of took for granted that it would be extended but let's see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭boardise

Missed a trick there should have extended for a fortnight and then extended it by a week in a fortnights time

Interesting -that's the way I'd have gone as well. Slightly more palatable psychologically and then you'd be saying 'Just one more week'.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,771 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They shouldn't let anyone off a plane or boat who can't produce evidence of address here, otherwise we are wasting our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Of course they will, if they have a brain in their heads.

I think you may have inadvertently touched on the problem right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Christy42 wrote: »
    It seems obvious. We seem to in or around the peak. Why would you stop then?

I am really shocked by the reaction. What were people expecting? 500 cases yesterday should have made this clear.

I'm literally amazed at how stupid people have shown themselves to be.

I'm sure these three politicians just love that the country is temporarily paralysed. It's probably the last thing they want. Well it's the second last thing they want.

There are two hard choices, one worse than the other.

A lot of people in this country are very disconnected from the natural reality of this virus. It has to be denial.

Harris is about to answer that.
    To be honest I just sort of took for granted that it would be extended but let's see.

It has to be extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Longing

There will be no normal life until a vaccine. Its as simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Covid 19 has I think united the nations against joggers. They are a fcking nuciance - impatient, dirty in their habits and generally all pointy elbows.

They really are a menace to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭boardise

niallo27 wrote: »
    A ****en poem, **** off will ya.

Can you imagine the leader of the free world hitting his audience with a poem ?:D
    The bind moggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

spookwoman wrote: »
    tobefrank can you just f*ck off. People who need sign language have a right to know what is going on in the country and if you read back it's been said signing is very hard work and they need 2 to give the other a rest

No thanks. Say hello to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,517 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Depends how its going. If we are doing ok maybe loosen them. They have to manage that seriously well though or we are back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Carnage down in Wexford apparently with the amount of people that have swanned down there for this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Anyone else feel the numbers are increasing a little more than they are happy with and this is why the extended lockdown and talking about testing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Loving the would-be resistance movement forming now. The guberment better stop trying to protect me OR ELSE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement