Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Your w'an on the news just said some guy with flashing blue lights (and other fake emergency service gear in the car) was questioned after following an undercover drugs unit, but they didn't arrest him? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Fergal Bowers tweeted that it was to start at 6.30 but it`s running late.

It's always running late

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    its for unclaimed bodies

Still sad to see, could be homeless

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

easypazz wrote: »
    Any sign of tonights numbers or are they holding back an hour to double down on the gloom?

Jaysus

That's the spirit!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wibbs wrote: »
    The WHO? I'd have more confidence at this stage if the surviving members of the band of the same name were in charge. The WHO have been decidedly lacklustre throughout this crisis, to the point of incompetent at times.

The Guardian actually had a very good article analysing why this was the case today

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Rvsmmnps wrote: »
    Who paid for that?

And they didn't stay at home to put the thing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

John.Icy wrote: »
    Have they started a single briefing on time? Don't care if it's only 5 minutes late. It is not that bloody hard to pick a time and go sit at the desk for said time. Had weeks of practice.

Christ!

They had a briefing earlier. They need to have a break. God forbid they discommode you by a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

UKFRI.png?itok=omSS6jPy

The UK is looking quite unwell and closing in on 10,000 fatalities.

Their problems are going end up extending ours :(

One of their CMOs had cited about 3’weeks ago that 20,000 deaths from covid would be very good outcome as their flu fatalities are about 8,000 annually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭redarmy

BREAKING: A further 25 people are confirmed to have sadly died from #Covid19 in the Republic. 480 new cases confirmed today too. It now brings the death toll to 288 while the number of confirmed cases stands at 7,054 #StayHome this weekend please Folded hands

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭brickster69

RobertKK wrote: »
    They added in figures for retirement homes that had not been added before now and not from the previous 24 hours, the real figure is 114.

496 new deaths in Belgium: including 171 deaths in elderly care centers in Flanders between 18th and 31st of March

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

saabsaab wrote: »
    They have said it is a war and we know what is the first casualty of war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i've a bad feeling the numbers today will not be good, hence the need for leo and co. and the late press conference.

hope i'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

The US now has only 800 fewer total deaths than Italy, so will probably overtake them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

480 new cases
    25 new deaths RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Youngest death 32 years old. Jaysus. RIP to all who have died so far. Awful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Again, you don't know all the people. So you can't know. You've met many gaelgeoirs. Not all the gaelgeoirs.
    Some of the old style ones were prize assholes but I don't know if that is still prevalent. Recently found myself using it in public in the gym of all places. Actually quite refreshing!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wishing you all a lovely Easter Weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Almost 1000 cases in Ireland in the last 48 hours, that is so many. I cant believe how many people think restrictions should already be lifted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

spookwoman wrote: »

What's up with the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Christ!

They had a briefing earlier. They need to have a break. God forbid they discommode you by a few minutes.

I'm clearly referencing the last few weeks of late briefings after releasing a time. It's ridiculous that they are late pretty much everday. It's simple punctuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Median age of all deaths 82
    Mean age 70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Have they started a single briefing on time? Don't care if it's only 5 minutes late. It is not that bloody hard to pick a time and go sit at the desk for said time. Had weeks of practice.

Why does this matter? I wish I had so little to be worrying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

7.3% increase. 157 in ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

youngest death so far is 32. a number of other deaths of people in their thirties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

is_that_so wrote: »
    I find the numbers useful as a trend indicator but do what you will with them. ICU and deaths are real and ICU levels are OK.

They are. I know first hand as my wife has been working there, which makes today's extension all the more bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

sterz wrote: »
    What's up with the numbers?

There isn’t anything ‘up’
    Just people want 100s in both columns to make it ‘believable’

Baffling really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭crossman47

I'm clearly referencing the last few weeks of late briefings after releasing a time. It's ridiculous that they are late pretty much everday. It's simple punctuality.

Punctuality goes out the window in a crisis. Can you imagine how many times Holohan has to take another important call as he is on his way in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Christ!

They have discommoded us by six weeks;):D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement