Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

sterz wrote: »
    What's up with the numbers?
    I'm sure George will have a question or three about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

redarmy wrote: »
    BREAKING: A further 25 people are confirmed to have sadly died from #Covid19 in the Republic. 480 new cases confirmed today too. It now brings the death toll to 288 while the number of confirmed cases stands at 7,054 #StayHome this weekend please Folded hands

RIP today's 25 :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Again, you don't know all the people. So you can't know. You've met many gaelgeoirs. Not all the gaelgeoirs.

Very very few gaelgoirs dont understand or speak English. I would say the number is close to 0 at this point or they are very old.
    I live in west Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Why does this matter? I wish I had so little to be worrying about.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭crossman47

polesheep wrote: »
    They are. I know first hand as my wife has been working there, which makes today's extension all the more bizarre.

Its not bizarre. They have to keep the figures down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

They are. I know first hand as my wife has been working there, which makes today's extension all the more bizarre.

They've decided to keep on doing what was worked. Completely sensible!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So they haven't included over 800 results from Germany. They are now saying they can ramp up to 4,500 tests a day. But they said that last week, and the week before that. At least they've dropped (for now) the claim we could be doing 15,000 a day

And no-one seems to have a clue as to how many people are waiting for swabs, and how many swabs are waiting to be tested. Really on the ball we are....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

John.Icy wrote: »
    I'm clearly referencing the last few weeks of late briefings after releasing a time. It's ridiculous that they are late pretty much everday. It's simple punctuality.

Ever hear of the concept of being busy?

Of course, everything they're dealing is so simple. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

ecdc are reporting 1169 this morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

wonski wrote: »
    Chechs are not good example looking at their numbers tbh.
    Eh what? I dunno what numbers you're reading, but as of yesterday they report 112 dead against our 263 and they have over twice the population, higher living densities in cities, landlocked, closer proximity to hotspots like Italy, more tourists and an ageing population. If we had the same figures adjusted for population we'd have around 60 dead. But we have over four times that. Even if they're somehow fudging their numbers and we double or even triple them, they'd still be ahead. Their R0 number is steadily dropping too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

is_that_so wrote: »
    I find the numbers useful as a trend indicator but do what you will with them. ICU and deaths are real and ICU levels are OK.

That can change very quickly.

It's only due to the measures that we have not faced the same level of disaster in other countries up until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

They didnt include the numbers of those tested in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

John.Icy wrote: »
    Sigh.

Sigh, indeed. If this is what you're griping about, you're a lucky man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

wakka12 wrote: »
    Almost 1000 cases in Ireland in the last 48 hours, that is so many. I cant believe how many people think restrictions should already be lifted

Very few people believe restrictions should be lifted, but a lot of people believe they should be amended/eased.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I think it's hunting down that community stuff, especially in nursing homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The US now has only 800 fewer total deaths than Italy, so will probably overtake them tomorrow.

New York now has more cases than any single country in the world soon the US will have more deaths than any country in the world :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Beasty wrote: »
    So they haven't included over 800 results from Germany. They are now saying they can ramp up to 4,500 tests a day. But they said that last week, and the week before that. At least they've dropped (for now) the claim we could be doing 15,000 a day

And no-one seems to have a clue as to how many people are waiting for swabs, and how many swabs are waiting to be tested. Really on the ball we are....

Please tell me George is at the press conference :pac:

Are they trying to quietly sweep it under the rug? Disappointed with the lack of transparency, the public deserve full clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

spookwoman wrote: »
    ecdc are reporting 1169 this morning

Can you elaborate please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It's why i keep saying the number of infections makes no odds at the moment.

Until they can get people tested and results out withing a day or two we really don't know the rate of growth.

Most of those German tests were from a month ago and most people had been waiting weeks for those. They were most likely infected 6 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Trump clashing with our press briefing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,881 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fann Linn wrote: »
    They didnt include the numbers of those tested in Germany.
    did the say that ? Didn't they say yesterday they'd be including the German numbers into the modelling or something like that yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Whats the point of hiding it

Political - no one wants to be top of the league for deaths due to this virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

tony doesn't know how many are waiting for tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Poorside wrote: »
    Can you elaborate please?

all I know is george lee said german results in and not included yesterday and no included in todays as well can see the numbers here https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases

Trump can go to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

**** him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Median age of all deaths 82
    Mean age 70

Mean, median... Makes it sound like old people are dying. A 32 year old died of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Very few people believe restrictions should be lifted, but a lot of people believe they should be amended/eased.

Same hiding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

crossman47 wrote: »
    Its not bizarre. They have to keep the figures down.

When you car is moving at the desired speed, do you put your foot on the throttle?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement