Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Can anyone see restrictions being lifted in 3 weeks time?

Seriously, this will ruin us economically. There has to be some easing. I don't see pubs or nightclubs opening again but surely some other shops and businesses has to open with restrictions in place.

Oh can people stop with this nonsense

The world's economy is fúcked. So it won't matter if Ireland is "up and running" again in two months because by then America will be riddled with this, the Fed will give up trying to prop up the stock market artificially and we'll have 2008 type recession except times 10

Remember the last downturn? Well that's coming again except it's going to be on steroids

I'm very much a glass half full person but we need to be more pragmatic about this. People thinking that things will be back to normal by June need to wake up

2-4 years of economic upheaval is coming globally, not just to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Jaysus this is such a convoluted mess with the numbers - just give the goddamn total for the day including everything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

54% of deaths in the Republic were in nursing homes (156):

https://twitter.com/tuairiscnuacht/status/1248670384850964489

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Beasty wrote: »
    So they haven't included over 800 results from Germany. They are now saying they can ramp up to 4,500 tests a day. But they said that last week, and the week before that. At least they've dropped (for now) the claim we could be doing 15,000 a day

And no-one seems to have a clue as to how many people are waiting for swabs, and how many swabs are waiting to be tested. Really on the ball we are....

Very true

We have some neck hammering other countries handling of this when in truth we don't know where we are ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Christy42

polesheep wrote: »
    They are. I know first hand as my wife has been working there, which makes today's extension all the more bizarre.
    Do you want them to not be OK? These numbers aren't incredible or terrible while we are in lockdown. If we don't have an extension then it gets way worse than this very quickly.

We are doing alright. Would prefer to be better but we are not out of the woods yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭crossman47

When you car is moving at the desired speed, do you put your foot on the throttle?

Yes if someone is chasing me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Mean, median... Makes it sound like old people are dying. A 32 year old died of this.

Mean is what most of you are referring to as 'average'

For example: 1, 7 and 52

Median is 7
    Mean is 20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭blackcard

I am confused Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

John.Icy wrote: »
    I'm clearly referencing the last few weeks of late briefings after releasing a time. It's ridiculous that they are late pretty much everday. It's simple punctuality.

Fair play to you to get to this stage of your life without ever growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

RIP the 25 people who died

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

Why does this matter? I wish I had so little to be worrying about.

Quit being so cantankerous with posters and regularly whoring likes in this thread. The way you regularly behave in this thread you would think that you were the only person in Ireland with concerns around the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Tbf journalist asking a simple question and the answer shes getting is very confused and slightly aggressive, imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    They've decided to keep on doing what was worked. Completely sensible!

Staying in the same position is not progression. We need to progress, therefore we need to tweak things. There is no point hiding in the cave forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

this is laughable. fair play to the journo calling out his nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

They are. I know first hand as my wife has been working there, which makes today's extension all the more bizarre.

I hope your wife has grasped the concept, of flattening the curve so those ICU units remain manageable, better than you seem to have.

This extension was always going to the May bank holiday at least and the restrictions are working. Relax them now and your wife will know all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This is like being back in secondary school!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Somebody take the mic off her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Oh can people stop with this nonsense

The world's economy is fúcked. So it won't matter if Ireland is "up and running" again in two months because by then America will be riddled with this, the Fed will give up trying to prop up the stock market artificially and we'll have 2008 type recession except times 10

Remember the last downturn? Well that's coming again except it's going to be on steroids

I'm very much a glass half full person but we need to be more pragmatic about this. People thinking that things will be back to normal by June need to wake up

2-4 years of economic upheaval is coming globally, not just to Ireland
    can you give us your glass half empty prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭crossman47

Mean is what most of you are referring to as 'average'

For example: 1, 7 and 52

Median is 7
    Mean is 20

Don't start the stats lesson again tonight. Some people just aren't numerate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Somebody take the mic off her

Georg(e)INA Lee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

is_that_so wrote: »
    I think it's hunting down that community stuff, especially in nursing homes.

The nursing homes should be considered separately. It's an eminently controllable environment. It should not influence the thinking on a general level.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

froog wrote: »
    this is laughable. fair play to the journo calling out his nonsense.
    They are largely old cases and he's said that quite a few times over the last week. They are good for the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,425 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

George Lee now takes the whip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Tbf journalist asking a simple question and the answer shes getting is very confused and slightly aggressive, imo

100% 8098 is the total cases, keep the day on day total in place. Shes correct and Tony just needs to accept it and give the figure as per day! He is using the HSPC as an out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Jesus here comes George

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Ah George.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Somebody take the mic off him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Clear as mud Tony, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

crossman47 wrote: »
    Don't start the stats lesson again tonight. Some people just aren't numerate

But whats the Average?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Can get the tweet to copy but someone posted

CMO just mentioned the German numbers. If I understood him correctly, it's the 480 plus a daily German total. But it seems silly and confusing. People just want the bottom line not numbers with footnotes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement