Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

owlbethere wrote: »
    An bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leithreas?

Ta but you will miss the orange faced man. that might be go maith anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Can someone give George a piece of paper and a calculator and can we move on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

is_that_so wrote: »
    No, they are not new cases and were never initially tested but have been now only useful data for the model.

you don't think it's useful to know exactly how many have tested positive in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Someone shut him up

• Registered Users Posts: 39,880 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm not watching the briefing but George lee from the posts here is taking up a lot of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

George needs epidemiology math grinds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

JP100 wrote: »
    Quit being so cantankerous with posters and regularly whoring likes in this thread. The way you regularly behave in this thread you would think that you were the only person in Ireland with concerns around the virus.

If you have a problem with my posts, report them.

I shan't be heeding instructions from fellow regular posters, ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Number updated to match today's report
    testing numbers are not clear and it's hard to get clear idea but "Slow Change" looks like the best guide

No Change in number
    509062.PNG

Slow Change
    509063.PNG

Big Drop in numbers
    509064.PNG

again with all of this I'm just trying to show people the 14 day delay in an change in how we deal with this
    if you wait till we are overloaded it's too late

interesting visualization of covid19
    http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

This George thing is like the median/mean argument in here every evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

He genuinely needs a few days off! He is clueless, Tony losing patience now, more patience than most though

• Advertisement

Can someone give George a piece of paper and a calculator and can we move on please.

A piece of chalk and an abacus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mean, median... Makes it sound like old people are dying. A 32 year old died of this.
    "Old" people dying is bad too. People that may have had five or ten more years with loved ones, so there's that. A 32 year old dying is terribly sad I agree, but they are the small minority. If cases are anything to go by in most other countries deaths under 40 are nearly always of folks with serious underlying conditions. In the the Italian numbers not a single death under 40 wasn't in that category, though from what I'm reading of American deaths. particularly among some minorities it's hitting the younger much harder.

Now don't get me wrong A, it's obviously still a bloody tragedy and more, there are an awful lot of sub 40 year olds with underlying conditions including very serious ones like cancer who are terribly vulnerable, but overall this is targeting and killing mostly people over 70. It's a horrible thing to even say the word, but in a way we should be "thankful" for that. Imagine if this thing was killing like smallpox? A 30% death rate killing people from birth to 90. That would be unimaginable. We'd come through that too BTW, though the scars would be a lot deeper. And this bastard pox from Wuhan will likely head off something like that coming down the line with the resources and science being built up as we speak.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Is it not that the 7000 number is up to last night and 8089 now jesus Christ not complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

George is Putting massive stress on tony.
    He’s under enough as it is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭tiegan

Need a three week break from George!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

thebaz wrote: »
    Checking out of here for a while, not good for me , leave you with something that has helped me re-boost/sharpen my immune system - the Wim Hof breathing excercise (this is good for me) ]

How do you know it's done anything for your immune system??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭dalyboy

polesheep wrote: »
    To delay dealing with the fact that they didn't act in time to protect them. To hide the fact that the very first thing they should have done was lock down the elderly and vulnerable. And who knows how many other devious reasons.

If they had locked down ONLY the elderly and immune compromised people from day one we would have 4 positives . (1) the hospital bed / ICU crisis along with Health staff secondary Infections would never have occurred since the most vulnerable would be safe cocooned at home. (2) The public aged 18-55(ish) could have continued working and interacting and fuelling the economy. (3) Herd immunity could have been a reality (or at least tested) .Only a tiny amount of younger people would be dangerously affected & they could have expected decent hospital service as the vulnerable are safe at home. (4) long term economic and mental health damage would have been avoided.
    Instead what we have is the perfect storm which unfortunately looks like it’ll be a complete sh1t show for an unknown long term. Well done guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

froog wrote: »
    **** me they need to put george out to pasture on rural affairs or something. he's completely lost covering anything more important that the birth of a two headed calve or something.

Never thought I'd say it but bring back Fergal!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

George is a gowl. It’s clear Tony had the best intentions with regards to how he was communicating the numbers but just confused a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

froog wrote: »
    you don't think it's useful to know exactly how many have tested positive in the country?
    I'm sure they know but unless you're in league table mode the data in old stuff is only really useful in adding it to the model.

• Advertisement

The patience tony has to listen to that crap is unreal

what Is the increase in deaths

The look on Tony's face there. He's getting fed up with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Where do you come up with this nonsense.

What alternative approaches have they presented? You do know that not every scientist agrees with the government's approach. Once the government chose a path, however, you can be sure that you will struggle to find opposing scientific opinions in the media. The word 'nonsense' is so easy to write. It's a lovely word actually when I think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

There are going to be another 500 a day for the next two days. To get us from 7071 to 8089.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Longing

I don't blame George. He's right. Why two sets of numbers. Just leave it to one figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

what Is the increase in deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

SHUT UP GEORGE

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

If you have a problem with my posts, report them.

I shan't be heeding instructions from fellow regular posters, ta.

And likewise don't expect posters to take instruction from your regular pronouncements to others on here, ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not including the german number kinda fits with the f*cking out the tests because there are too many run through the labs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement