Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

The significance of the 819 German positive cases which appear to be part of a backlog is there was unlikely to have been any contact tracing done for them.

Also how many of these were hospitalised or died without results?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

pjohnson wrote: »
    They are just trying to get a straight answer.

Unless they are blurring the figures and tryna stay as vague as possible they should really simplify/proofread their update to avoid making a pigs ear of it.
    I was perfectly clear on it until George went off!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yiz are like a bunch of schoolgirls moaning about George Lee.

Clearly it’s the ‘cool’ thing to be moaning about, but it’s ruining this already grim (but important) thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Longing

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Initially when they started reporting cases, journalists were asking for age/sex breakdowns. They said there would be a detailed report issued. The detailed report is 36hrs old to allow time to break down the figures.
    Hence the 2 different figures.

Then leave the total figure infected to 36hrs old aswell.

Why do it like this. Confusing to say the least with there approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

polesheep wrote: »
    TBH, and I hate to say it given the predicament we are in, but I really believe this man has been exposed as not being up to the job. No matter how many times posters call him 'Tony'.

Are you? In case you missed it, his name IS Tony

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And now he's rowing back on what he claimed the other day. We only record deaths where there has been a lab confirmation. We do not include any where a doctor includes it on a death cert but there has been no positive result. That, as I suggested yesterday, is in line with what the UK has been doing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Fann Linn wrote: »
    54% of deaths from nursing homes. Surely it would have been quite easy to secure these locations.

Tony didnt like when the nursing homes tried that and wanted restrictions lifted.

is there anything to be said for a couple of slides on powerpoint, or a press handout?
    Oh they get a release but that's where all of this numbers stuff kicked off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    RIP to all but that's quite a stat

I thought Ireland and many other countries weren't counting all the Nursing Home moralities as Covid numbers? It's hard to keep up with it all

It's potentially a manslaughter charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Tony's halo starting to slip.

Hiding a lot more than he's telling us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Whatever about George Lee being confused (I’m being kind), Tony Holohan has the patience of a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Why are they consistently asking the same questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

callaway92 wrote:
    Clearly it’s the ‘cool’ thing to be moaning about, but it’s ruining this already grim (but important) thread.

callaway92 wrote:

Sorry George.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Beasty wrote: »
    A dynamic number???

They know how many swabs they have taken. They know how many results they have. Subtract one figure from the other and that's how many are waiting?
    They're bullsh1tting B. When a thundering gobdaw like Lee can see it beyond his own voluminous self produced bullsh1t it must be pretty obvious. I saw the HSE/Gov approach to this as a reactive and laggardly sh1tshow from early on and I'm not seeing much to change that opinion TBH. They're mostly out of their depth. There's bugger all they've done right and what they have done right was delayed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

JP100 wrote: »
    And likewise don't expect posters to take instruction from your regular pronouncements to others on here, ta.

Just as well I didn't do that. :) I basically said that that other poster had little to be worrying about. If you think that was me telling him to act a certain way, that's... fine, I guess. You do you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Absolute omnishambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Longing wrote: »
    Then leave the total figure infected to 36hrs old aswell.

Why do it like this. Confusing to say the least with there approach.

Then people be giving out we don't know how many cases we had today as the figure for cases 'today' would be 36hrs ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

pjohnson wrote: »
    Tony didnt like when the nursing homes tried that and wanted restrictions lifted.

Didnt know that thanks.Are they still accessible?

Are you? In case you missed it, his name IS Tony

I'm not going into the details of how it works, I get paid to do that, but the fact that you refer to him as Tony tells a lot about how they have won you over.

• Advertisement

Whatever about George Lee being confused (I’m being kind), Tony Holohan has the patience of a saint.

He certainly showed a lot of patience before closing the nursing homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

156 Dead in Nursing Homes.

Nursing Homes were asked not to prohibit Visits before the Crisis escalated...... what was the standard of regulation before the Crisis...... lots of questions

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I was thinking we may need another thread tomorrow

After today's "update" I suspect I may be drawing up the OP this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Boggles wrote: »
    Absolute omnishambles.

Wouldn’t go that far at all at all

We are getting back to the old George Lee. I like it.

George lee is clueless, always has been, and when he tried to actually do something rather than just moan about stuff he does not understand he was shown up completely and slinked off back to RTÉ with his tail between his legs

Why are they consistently asking the same questions?
    One number is up to Wed midnight and analysed, the bigger number is absolutely up to date but raw data and not analysed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Its also showing their failings with the testing system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

joe_99 wrote: »
    8089. Important for mortality rate.

What's it stand at now if it's 8089?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

callaway92 wrote: »

it's either that or trump...

• Advertisement

The significance of the 819 German positive cases which appear to be part of a backlog is there was unlikely to have been any contact tracing done for them.

Also how many of these were hospitalised or died without results?

Contacts of suspect cases are asked to isolate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement