Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

dalyboy wrote: »
    If they had locked down ONLY the elderly and immune compromised people from day one we would have 4 positives . (1) the hospital bed / ICU crisis along with Health staff secondary Infections would never have occurred since the most vulnerable would be safe cocooned at home. (2) The public aged 18-55(ish) could have continued working and interacting and fuelling the economy. (3) Herd immunity could have been a reality (or at least tested) .Only a tiny amount of younger people would be dangerously affected & they could have expected decent hospital service as the vulnerable are safe at home. (4) long term economic and mental health damage would have been avoided.
    Instead what we have is the perfect storm which unfortunately looks like it’ll be a complete sh1t show for an unknown long term. Well done guys..

You can not say this for 100% certain. People have died under the 55 age and there are people who work with conditions that would put them at risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Coyote wrote: »
    Number updated to match today's report
    testing numbers are not clear and it's hard to get clear idea but "Slow Change" looks like the best guide

No Change in number
    509062.PNG

Slow Change
    509063.PNG

Big Drop in numbers
    509064.PNG

again with all of this I'm just trying to show people the 14 day delay in an change in how we deal with this
    if you wait till we are overloaded it's too late

interesting visualization of covid19
    http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

Thank you Anxiety Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Because just adding them to today’s number gives a false picture. They are not new tests, just delayed results

Yes, they can be listed as 'total cases' but not as 'new cases'.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

spookwoman wrote: »
    Its also showing their failings with the testing system
    They've held their hands up quite a bit this week on testing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Beasty wrote: »
    I was thinking we may need another thread tomorrow

After today's "update" I suspect I may be drawing up the OP this evening...

that's only if you include posts about the figures. subtracting them and gradually adding them in in the context that they reference other posts you might find yourself short of the required number for a full thread. of course it will mean a greater or possibly lower than normal number of posts in the subsequent thread but who's really counting post numbers anyway and what really is a post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Right lads were ****ed.

It seems all along our experts have made a balls of it.

Anyone got a plan b?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Taken time to explain the information? State the facts and explain what those facts are in terms of what information is being analysed, and what the results represent.

No queue to get tested. That's great and I assume we won;t see anyone on here saying they are waiting an appointment

Germany will clear the backlog early next week - so by Wednesday no-one should be complaining they have had to wait more than a few days for results

They are the assurances. I may be quoting this post in a few days time though....

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

On a personal note, I for one find Tony Holohan's voice incredibly relaxing. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Because just adding them to today’s number gives a false picture. They are not new tests, just delayed results

That's BS.
    If they're real test results, report them, or else don't report the test result figures at all.
    Fvck in spin spin spin.... I'm no fan of Lee but about some someone asked a few questions from the HSE. Most all of the journalists are busy clapping the HSE, the government and little old Ireland on the back the few weeks, and nobody questioning anything at all.
    I'm surprised at Lee tbh, but he's right to call out the BS if he sees it.
    Why not just report the rests, we're they going to feed the in on Holy Saturday or Easter Sunday when people were distracted and not watching the news or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I missed the start of the CMO briefing.

Are the German figures included in daily numbers or not?

When was contact tracing done on the German positive cases?

And are they from a backlog or up to date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Longing

George lee is clueless, always has been, and when he tried to actually do something rather than just moan about stuff he does not understand he was shown up completely and slinked off back to RTÉ with his tail between his legs

Please explain the rational of there approach with there information to the public.

George was right..

Actually the first three journalist put Tony over the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I was thinking we may need another thread tomorrow

After today's "update" I suspect I may be drawing up the OP this evening...

Do you want the total cases or the other total cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Right lads were ****ed.

It seems all along our experts have made a balls of it.

Anyone got a plan b?

61J8haYa%2BkL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Taken time to explain the information? State the facts and explain what those facts are in terms of what information is being analysed, and what the results represent.

No queue to get tested. That's great and I assume we won;t see anyone on here saying they are waiting an appointment

Germany will clear the backlog early next week - so by Wednesday no-one should be complaining they have had to wait more than a few days for results

They are the assurances. I may be quoting this post in a few days time though....
    Put it in one of the resources stickies!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

chakademus wrote: »
    On a personal note, I for one find Tony Holohan's voice incredibly relaxing. Anyone else?

But does he sound reassuring?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    What's it stand at now if it's 8089?

Thanks

288/8089 x 100 = 3.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They cannot be added into the 'new daily cases' as they are weeks old - older ones were sent to Germany to clear the backlog.

Yes.
    Some are very old so probably done anyway
    In next five days backlog will be cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

Fann Linn wrote: »

I find he comes across as reassuringly factual and accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

This stuff is awful easy when you are hurling from the ditches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

The results from the last 6 days have been multiples of 5. Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Boggles wrote: »
    Absolute omnishambles.

I thought I had already found my favourite boards phrases of the day earlier with jimgoose's "knit-your-own-tofu saggy-titted agri-lesbians" but I think now that "omnishambles" wins by a squeak, if only for pithiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Fann Linn wrote: »

Kind of, yeah, in a hypnotic kind of way.

Longing wrote: »
    Please explain the rational of there approach with there information to the public.

George was right..

Actually the first three journalist put Tony over the same issue.

Oh I’m not watching the briefing and when I heard George was there I definitely would not turn it on. George always over complicated simple data, questions irrelevant details, ignores the obvious and generally always seeks to find controversy or sensation rather than the truth. If in this instance his points were merited, ok, but in general any report or interview I see him do leads me to the remote as it he never adds anything to a story

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The results from the last 6 days have been multiples of 5. Odd.

Well that might be retconned if they start randomly sticking in the German figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Who is the Paul who said so we are in the hands so in a sarkly so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

they should just have added the cases from germany today & just said it was a backlog of tests.

If anything it would be good put more people on alert this weekend & the next few weeks to stick to social distancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

is_that_so wrote: »
    They've held their hands up quite a bit this week on testing issues.

4 stage strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

So those German ones happened up to 2 weeks ago and so aren’t important in understanding the current situation.

However they were important to our understanding of how the disease evolved.

They should be added to the date where the test occurred. We could see the daily evolution clearer.

It just sounds like the extra thousand isn’t important.

7k vs 8k is important.

The people doing the modelling will have that data now, including when and where tests were taken. They are the people who really need that data.

Important to remember, there will always be more people with the virus than the total cases reported, so the total reported is just an indicator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

George Lee started this s**tfest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement