Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ihdxwz4a3pem9j

Unfortunately, the medical professional has been disproportionately hit with Covid-19. He is hardly taking the phone calls on his own personal mobile phone. Most likely, he will have to attend some GP practice. He will be surrounded by fellow healthcare workers. This in of itself is a risk for developing Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Any news about ICU?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

As I said some of the things the HSE have been good, I think getting the PPE from China , granted there are problem was good, getting the message out about social distancing I think is working, all positive.

How anyone can look at the testings with thousand maybe tens of thousand awaiting weeks for results and the HSE constantly talking up the amount of tests, how can anyone say that is acceptable? I think only HSE and government cheerleaders could say it has been anything but a disappointment.
    if you lived in the UK or the US you would have gone out of your mind by now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

Fair play to Leo. Leadership is about setting an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Hmm. That's actually a complex thing, so is it factored in to the models? So interesting.

No I'd imagine that's hard to model. To many variables. But it makes sense that a country like ireland would plateau at a lower figure than the UK for example as we create less clusters than them just because of our population.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

gabeeg wrote: »
    It's a very odd thing to accuse someone of enjoying the suffering of others simply because they hinted at anxiety over waiting to hear how bad things are for them, their family and their country.

It's very, very odd.

I never accused anyone of any such thing. I was commenting on the scheduled times, which is quite clear. you should be careful with your own accusations and read posts correctly. IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

splinter65 wrote: »
    Any news about ICU?
    That came out in the HSE briefing this morning - 142 then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's an increase of 6.7% in cases

Wonder hmm ow the German tests will skew it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

if you lived in the UK or the US you would have gone out of your mind by now

I doubt that but I can tell you I would not be mindlessly cheering on those governments either if they were falling down on some issues.
    Comparing the Irish reaction to the US and UK places seem to imply that you set the bar very low for our country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I never accused anyone of any such thing. I was commenting on the scheduled times, which is quite clear. you should be careful with your own accusations and read posts correctly. IMO
    You must be reading too much in to individual days figures so. this is not Coronation street laid on for entertainment either
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Even at single figure percentage daily rises in cases we'll hit 15k confirmed cases in 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Stheno wrote: »

8.5%

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

splinter65 wrote: »
    Any news about ICU?

From the update

• 1,203 cases (27%) have been hospitalised
    • of those hospitalised, 165 cases have been admitted to ICU
    • 1,163 cases (26%) are associated with healthcare workers
    • Dublin has the highest number of cases at 2,490 (56% of all cases) followed by Cork with 343 cases (8%)
    of those for whom transmission status is known:
    • community transmission accounts for 63%, close contact accounts for 24%, travel abroad accounts for 13%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Kieran_M

How chaotic would it be to have the country's leader as a doctor in your local GP office/A&E :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

2 questions
    Do u think Brazil and Mexico have an up to date accurate count?
    Do u think everyone in the US has excellent healthcare ?

I have no idea if their numbers are accurate. Do you have an evidence to suggest they're not accurate? Or is this another "Germany must be fiddling the numbers guff" ??

I'm sure we'd be hearing reports if 1,000's were dropping dead like in Italy... you can't hide those numbers, especially being so geographically close to the media machine of the U.S... so yes I am inclined to believe their stats are accurate.

Do they generally have excellent healthcare? Yes they do... there are millions uninsured, but they are being given treatment during the pandemic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    No I'd imagine that's hard to model. To many variables. But it makes sense that a country like ireland would plateau at a lower figure than the UK for example as we create less clusters than them just because of our population.

Reminds me of chaos theory. A small input, say like a single cluster, can amplify the output. The numbers do balance out eventually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Not sure how you are calculating, I have it over 8%

• Registered Users Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Assuming the German results are being factored in, I assume we're already looking at them. I think I read the first batch of results came through on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

I doubt that but I can tell you I would not be mindlessly cheering on those governments either if they were falling down on some issues.
    Comparing the Irish reaction to the US and UK places seem to imply that you set the bar very low for our country.
    some issues or all issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Speak Now wrote: »
    Even at single figure percentage daily rises in cases we'll hit 15k confirmed cases in 2 weeks.

Yeah but most of those will be long recovered.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Not sure how you are calculating, I have it over 8%

Fat finger error :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lwaker.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Fair play to Leo. Leadership is about setting an example.

Isn't it more decision making

Setting an example is optics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

And if he manages to save only one life then it will be worth it,fair play to him

How is he going to save a life over the phone?? Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

spookwoman wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Ok. seeing as you are only capable of replying with an emoji. I will spell it out of you.

coronation street/Fair city is on each evening at a set time

the dept of health update is on at different times.

Therefor they are NOT the same

Neither are they both entertainment shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Which is three weeks later then the first projections. It's about keeping hospitalisations manageable by a slower growth rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Tandey wrote: »
    What’s your point?

What are you doing?

I’ve been working for the HSE for the past 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Longing

bennyl10 wrote: »
    21 deaths
    390 cases
    RIP to all those dead

Case numbers aren’t awful again

Case numbers are bad when its taking out of 1500 to 1800 tests.

Testing numbers here has been pretty shocking to say the least. If we were testing 15 thousand a day you can see we are not in a good place at the moment.

When the tests come back from Germany in the middle of the week numbers will double in case's found easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Lwaker. wrote: »
    Isn't it more decision making

Setting an example is optics

Setting an example is also leadership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Missed the update.
    Can anyone tell me how many new cases.
    And deaths

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement