Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Refractions

Think the German tests might be coming back already. My daughter got her result today after a 14 day wait. I’m thinking they must be starting to clear that backlog now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bennyl10 wrote: »
    21 deaths
    390 cases
    RIP to all those dead

Case numbers aren’t awful again

We could have 500 cases a day if back log in testing and results is sorted out

21 deaths is high, RIP

There is talk of clusters in direct provision centres

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

Speak Now wrote: »
    Not sure how you are calculating, I have it over 8%

Are they Eire only numbers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bennyl10 wrote: »
    21 deaths
    390 cases
    RIP to all those dead

Case numbers aren’t awful again

We could have 500 cases a day if back log in testing and results is sorted out

21 deaths is high, RIP

There is talk of clusters in direct provision centres

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭munster87

Stheno wrote: »
    Fat finger error :D

‘The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

How is he going to save a life over the phone?? Jesus wept.
    I’ve been working for the HSE for the past 5 years.

Well you should know that anyone doing anything in terms of helping during the crisis is in their own way contributing to saving lives no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Missed the update.
    Can anyone tell me how many new cases.
    And deaths

There wasn’t any. All good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Missed the update.
    Can anyone tell me how many new cases.
    And deaths

Can nobody look at a news site anymore?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0405/1128657-ireland-virus-figures/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

some issues or all issues?

What is your point, the Ireland is preforming better than the two countries in the world that are run by the biggest buffoons in the history of politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Hopefully not in any decision making roles, considering what you post on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

I have no idea if their numbers are accurate. Do you have an evidence to suggest they're not accurate? Or is this another "Germany must be fiddling the numbers guff" ??

I'm sure we'd be hearing reports if 1,000's were dropping dead like in Italy... you can't hide those numbers, especially being so geographically close to the media machine of the U.S... so yes I am inclined to believe their stats are accurate.

Do they generally have excellent healthcare? Yes they do... there are millions uninsured, but they are being given treatment during the pandemic.
    The PM of Brazil thinks the coronavirus is fake news but you believe his figures
    About one third of Americans have either no or inadequate health insurance, so they are screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Naggdefy wrote: »
    The Royals have no political power so it's fine for them to engage in symbolism. Churchill didn't drive a truck.

No & he also got thrown out by the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭giveitholly

No wonder the HSE is such a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

This is primarily a medical crisis borne of a contagious diseases. The people dealing with this particular crisis, are doctors, nurses, HCAs, porters, etc. The critical inflection point will be the ability of the hospitals to deal with the incoming crisis. The medical profession will be the ones operating the ventilators. Of course, the medical profession will be advising the government of the crisis. It is hardly like the medical profession are dishing out the advice on a financial crisis. I don't want the financial regulator telling me how my hospital should run, in the same way I don't want my hospital telling me how my financial regulator should run

Thanks for your reply.

In a sense (not a literal sense) we are doing that, by subordinating our financial well-being, the running of our economy and everything else to medical opinion. We may be in a financial crisis very soon if we aren't in one already. But that is supposed to be irrelevant because the medical-scientific establishment require that normal economic activity not get in the way of their theories of social distancing (no scientific study of its effectiveness btw).

I've seen medical people question the motives of people who don't want medical advice to be the only criteria of whether the lockdown should be lifted. That is totally wrong in my opinion. They should offer their expert advice only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Hooked

munster87 wrote: »
    ‘The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now’

I had to quote this so that I could thank it twice...

#simpsons

Yeah but most of those will be long recovered.
    the longer it takes to get to 15k the better we are able to deal with that number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Eire? Who refers to Ireland as Eire?

In my experience the only people who refer to Ireland as Eire is the British.

And yes, they're Ireland only numbers. NI is another country with its own stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Tandey wrote: »
    What’s your point?

What are you doing?

Moaning endlessly on boards about every single thing being done. Must be exhausting.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

About one third of Americans have either no or inadequate health insurance, so they are screwed
    I think they said yesterday they will be treated regardless of cover

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

May the 21 people who died rest in peace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

Fantastic gesture by Leo. Not alone has he shown such examplary leadership throughout the crisis but to actually roll up his sleeves in the midst of it all and help out says alot about the man. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭normanoffside

the longer it takes to get to 15k the better we are able to deal with that number

Exactly.
    We are going to get to 15,000 eventually. People need to accept that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Unfortunately, the medical professional has been disproportionately hit with Covid-19. He is hardly taking the phone calls on his own personal mobile phone. Most likely, he will have to attend some GP practice. He will be surrounded by fellow healthcare workers. This in of itself is a risk for developing Covid-19.

And a very foolish risk too, if that is the case...

But of course all the slobbering FG tailwaggers on here won't care whether it's a sensible thing for our taoiseach to be doing... they just love the heroic symbolism of it.

But then we can hardly blame Leo... the man was elected for almost purely leftist symbolic ideals. He's simply fulfilling the role he was cherry picked for!

It's a real shame he's doing it while people are literally dying everyday though... I would much rather he just ran the damn country and dropped all the PR sh!te tbh!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stheno wrote: »
    Fat finger error :D

Oh FFS!!!

Fat Finger Syndrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

No they're from Uranus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Think the German tests might be coming back already. My daughter got her result today after a 14 day wait. I’m thinking they must be starting to clear that backlog now.

Yeah they started coming in Friday evening.
    Hope your daughter is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Speak Now wrote: »
    Even at single figure percentage daily rises in cases we'll hit 15k confirmed cases in 2 weeks.

That's the idea. Spread the cases over a number of weeks. Not all at once.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

How long are restrictions going to stay in place??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Yeah they started coming in Friday evening

So with these test results coming back in, does that make the current figures more promising? i.e. that they aren't going much up from the circa. 8%

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    I think they said yesterday they will be treated regardless of cover
    I was just making the point that the US does not have an excellent healthcare system

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement