Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Steer55 wrote: »
    Stop being so negative. What's wrong with him using his GP skills to help out?

Would it be better if he was on TV all day sprouting incoherent nonsense like the leader across the other side of the Atlantic.

There are people here who just like to moan, be negative or get a political dig in regardless of what the news, action or statistic may be.

Thankfully they are a very small majority of the 'real' people in this country. Unfortunately, the more they continue with their begrudging and moaning the more others may think this is acceptable and the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Pretty sure I read in the paper today that they started to filter back Friday evening which would probably mean they'd be coming into yesterdays and today's figures little by little probably more by monday.

I could be wrong, I'll try and find where I read it.
    Maybe. But that’s what Holohan said at the press conference on Friday. I fear we’ll see a bit of an uptick tomorrow. Hopefully they German cases were cases that were perhaps marked as less critical and would have a lower positivity rate.....I’m grasping at straws admittedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Steer55 wrote: »
    What have you done apart from being a hurler on the ditch?
    I don't think the poster is aware of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Remember, much maligned Sweden, with a 10m population had 387 new cases and 28 deaths today. Our population is 4.8m.

I'm not advocating their approach, merely pointing out we're doing ok. Nothing better.
    people have to accept that doing ok is 'ok'
    We are not going to beat this, the best we can do is control it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Advertisement

Longing wrote: »
    It was said in a news conference German test results will be coming in this week.

On RTE news they said some were in on Friday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Stheno wrote: »
    That's an increase of 6.7% in cases

Wonder hmm ow the German tests will skew it

On the 6.1 News one the reporters implied they were in the process of adding those results from Germany into the mix. TBH I was expecting them to shove up the numbers quite a bit. If today's figures do indeed include them it's to be welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Pretty sure I read in the paper today that they started to filter back Friday evening which would probably mean they'd be coming into yesterdays and today's figures little by little probably more by monday.

I could be wrong, I'll try and find where I read it.

It is on the rte news article about testing,
    Results from Germany started Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Achasanai wrote: »
    So the numbers since Friday have been including (some) of the backlog? That makes them even more positive.

No what I read was they expected the first results back Friday evening so they wouldn't have been in the numbers until yesterday or today I'd suspect.

Trying to find where I read that though, think it was in one of today's papers.

Edit: HSE briefing that's where it was said

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

In the press briefing this morning the Head of the HSE stated that the German lab results started coming though on Friday but did not say how many results from Germany had come through.

Also stated that the German lab could analyse 2000 tests per day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

When is the queen's speech? Is it due soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I’ve been working for the HSE for the past 5 years.

Manning the phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Remember, much maligned Sweden, with a 10m population had 387 new cases and 28 deaths today. Our population is 4.8m.

I'm not advocating their approach, merely pointing out we're doing ok. Nothing better.

If Sweden turns out to be roughly in the average of countries in terms of cases and deaths, as it appears to be so far, then all the countries who locked down will need to do a serious re-assessment of their own response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Number updated to match today's report
    I believe that there is up to 3 week delay from someone being infected to it being reported
    if you were infected on the 16th and take 4-5 days to become sick then 3-4 days to get a test and 7 days for the results we will only start to see the lock down affect numbers slowly this week

No Change in number
    508436.PNG

Slow Change
    508437.PNG

Big Drop in numbers
    508438.PNG

again with all of this I'm just trying to show people the 14 day delay in an change in how we deal with this
    if you wait till we are overloaded it's too late

interesting visualization of covid19
    http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

can we get this post deleted
    It's positive news and may upset a few here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

people have to accept that doing ok is 'ok'
    We are not going to beat this, the best we can do is control it

No I wouldn't accept that. We should aspire to be better than bang on average. Our government reacted quickly enough in fairness. But there are always areas to improve. That's doesn't mean defeat it but we can always do better. What is life only striving to do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭JoChervil

But they have over 546, while Ireland has 165 people in serious or critical condition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Be right back

owlbethere wrote: »
    When is the queen's speech? Is it due soon?

8pm.

can we get this post deleted
    It's positive news and may upset a few here

That's good news and very welcome. Just because people want the truth doesn't mean the don't welcome positive news.

We all want to get out and enjoy life again, the vast majority anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Maybe. But that’s what Holohan said at the press conference on Friday. I fear we’ll see a bit of an uptick tomorrow. Hopefully they German cases were cases that were perhaps marked as less critical and would have a lower positivity rate.....I’m grasping at straws admittedly.

Hse press conference is where I heard them say they started to filter in Friday evening.

Yeah I'd be of the same thinking of yourself, anything that was urgent to be done here, hospital tests etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

growleaves wrote: »
    If Sweden turns out to be roughly in the average of countries in terms of cases and deaths, as it appears to be so far, then all the countries who locked down will need to do a serious re-assessment of their own response.

As far as I am aware the Swedish figures for deaths are not complied in the same manner as ours and would be much higher if they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

you dont get it, as long as our health service can handle the virus we are ok, it's when a country's health service cant, that the **** hits the fan

No you don't get it...

Every extra death that could have been avoided, is someone's loved one that they're never getting back!

Our death total is fairly high, for a tiny sparsely populated Island nation on the edge of europe.

But don't let any of that stop the love-in for Leo and the gang.

No I wouldn't accept that. We should aspire to be better than bang on average. Our government reacted quickly enough in fairness. But there are always areas to improve. That's doesn't mean defeat it but we can always do better. What is life only striving to do better.
    Disagree

JoChervil wrote: »
    But they have over 546, while Ireland has 165 people in serious or critical condition

Many people are dying outside ICU here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

We've done very well

A couple of weeks back the doom mongers were telling us to "wait until two weeks time and you'll see". Well here we are and we haven't ended up like italy/Spain or anywhere near that level

Obviously one death is too many but it's gone better than we could've ever expected so far

Disagree

One word!

Ok is ok isn't a good enough attitude in anything in life. Particularly when lives are at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The ICU situation seems very encouraging. The great fear was they would be completely overrun but it doesn't appear to be materialising.

No you don't get it...

Every extra death that could have been avoided, is someone's loved one that they're never getting back!

Our death total is fairly high, for a tiny sparsely populated Island nation on the edge of europe.

But don't let any of that stop the love-in for Leo and the gang.
    thanks for that Eamon

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

So when is it expected to peak in Ireland ?

• Advertisement

And Targets or aspirations have to be realistic.

How you turn a positive to a negative in a single sentence is astounding. We are doing ok, so far, and there are constant corrections being done and improvements being made. I don't think there's a single person at any level in the fight against this virus who isn't giving their all in attempts to do better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement