Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Be right back

ZX7R wrote: »
    I don't see Boris doing much not even answering a phone.
    But to be honest I'd rather have a vet look after me than Boris

Exactly, hope your son is sleeping better as well..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Vets can give us the ivermectin.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

So when is it expected to peak in Ireland ?

I am of the view we are at our peak when it comes to daily new cases and deaths. We'll probably just limp along like this for the next few weeks. Up and down day by day between 15‐30 deaths and between 200‐400 new cases

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭threeball

Vets can give us the ivermectin.

Farmers can give us Ivermectin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Rvsmmnps

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Spain peaked 19 days after their lockdown.
    Italy peaked 18 days after their's
    And France after 16 days
    We locked down 7 days ago (feels like months ago)
    So a peak possibly in 9-12 days.
    I would hope the schools closing, pubs closing and Leo's Paddy's day speech would be seeing dividends by now.
    If a high proportion of our deaths are from nursing homes, it maybe hard to see the effects of the earlier closures.
    Needless to say, the experts would know all those details and they are the ones advising the government.

We locked down a month ago in Norway things arent spiralling out of control.Only very old people dying (ave age 84),most others who have it show symptoms of a mild cold.
    Are the hospitals over run in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

coastwatch wrote: »
    Hi GM228,

Your table is too "wide" for the format of the site.
    Can you re-size it, or drop all columns after Recovery% ?

Table automatically stands wide enough in a browser on full site, or if in touch becomes automatically scrollable left or right.

People seem to be interested in the average trends over X amount of days and I'm not sure there being reported anywhere else anyway?

As to an edit - have you looked at the character count :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Exactly, hope your son is sleeping better as well..

He is thank you for asking.
    Not an easy time for him or my family as a whole.
    But everyone is affected one way or the other with this situation

Rvsmmnps wrote: »
    We locked down a month ago in Norway things arent spiralling out of control.Only very old people dying (ave age 84),most others who have it show symptoms of a mild cold.

No ICU are still well within capacity. Its much less than the surge they predicted thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Rvsmmnps wrote: »

How do you think it is going in Sweden?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    I am of the view we are at out peak when it comes to daily new cases and deaths. We'll probably just limp along like this for the next few weeks. Up and down day by day between 15‐30 deaths and between 200‐400 new cases
    I think the same, but we need to keep up the social distancing for how long I dont know,
    I wonder how we unwind the 'lockdown'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭deaglan1

Sobering when you remove microstates - our deaths per 1 M pop are high enough, just below Sweden, the country that has curtailed nothing!!!

Deaths-per-1-M-population.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Trump was telling the doctors last night what drugs they should be giving their patients:eek:. Who knew he had a medical qualification?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

Eire? Who refers to Ireland as Eire?

In my experience the only people who refer to Ireland as Eire is the British.

And yes, they're Ireland only numbers. NI is another country with its own stats.

Oh? Seems to be on the front of my passport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I'd like if the taoiseach was on the blower to heads of states and suppliers of medical equipment, rather than manning a phoneline where half the job is telling people they don't have enough symptoms to get tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

I'm really struggling with the strategy here. We keep the numbers down as much as possible with lockdown. Then we let the 99.5% of people who have not got the virus back out into the world to set off another surge?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

deaglan1 wrote: »
    Sobering when you remove microstates - our deaths per 1 M pop are high enough, just below Sweden, the country that has curtailed nothing!!!

A table like this will only make since when every country has defeated the virus (not sure what defeated looks like)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

gabeeg wrote: »
    I'd like if the taoiseach was on the blower to heads of states and suppliers of medical equipment, rather than manning a phoneline where half the job is telling people they don't have enough symptoms to get tested.
    better that way then testing 90% hypochondriacs.

coastwatch wrote: »
    How do you think it is going in Sweden?

Im not too concerned,eyes on Norway and Ireland.
    I still dont trust much about this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Also that table above can't be taken at full value because some countries are not recording people who die in nursing homes from the virus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

deaglan1 wrote: »

I'd wonder about the actual accuracy of that chart. Many countries I feel are under reporting their numbers or using a different classification for cause of death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

I think the same, but we need to keep up the social distancing for how long I dont know,
    I wonder how we unwind the 'lockdown'

I personally think we could go back to the origional measures announced by the taoiseach in Washington as they were doing enough.

A table like this will only make since when every country has defeated the virus (not sure what defeated looks like)

Exactly, the US is behind us there which they clearly won't be when the final tally is called. There'll be plenty more too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

scamalert wrote: »
    better that way then testing 90% hypochondriacs.

They're not hypochondriacs - they're people with symptoms of a killer virus in the middle of a ****ing pandemic.

If you had a cough and shortness of breath right now you can be damn sure you'd want a test. You wouldn't get one of course. No fever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

h2005 wrote: »
    I'd wonder about the actual accuracy of that chart. Many countries I feel are under reporting their numbers or using a different classification for cause of death.

Well, do you think the ones above are under reporting? I mean, youd assume Sweden are accurate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Silverbonnet

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    That's a meaningless league table as we are all at different stages of infection and at different points in our responses. Only at the end will we be able to draw any conclusions.

It's not meaningless if we're doing worse than many who had their first cases before ours! We're doing worse than the US ffs. And Trump is a joke.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Looney1 wrote: »
    I'm really struggling with the strategy here. We keep the numbers down as much as possible with lockdown. Then we let the 99.5% of people who have not got the virus back out into the world to set off another surge?????????

My guess is that it will be a staggered approach.

E.g. all workers who can work from home will still be asked to do so to allow those who cant return to work

In the part of Dublin 2 where I work that would be at least 20000 less people going in to offices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Spain peaked 19 days after their lockdown.
    Italy peaked 18 days after their's
    And France after 16 days
    We locked down 7 days ago (feels like months ago)
    So a peak possibly in 9-12 days.
    I would hope the schools closing, pubs closing and Leo's Paddy's day speech would be seeing dividends by now.
    If a high proportion of our deaths are from nursing homes, it maybe hard to see the effects of the earlier closures.
    Needless to say, the experts would know all those details and they are the ones advising the government.

We've had a lot of measures in place for much longer than a week. A lot of the businesses in my area that were part of the new measures announced last week had already been closed a few weeks.

I've been working from home for a month already, not a lot changed last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The strategy is that there is none, well no exit strategy anyway. At some stage we are going to have to take our chances. For most of us it will probably be OK but it’s really hard to see how the at-risk groups, in particular, can be advised to rejoin the world while the virus is still around. If it’s dangerous for them now it will be dangerous then.
    There is no easy answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

In theory, if we all stay in and stop spreading it, eventually everyone who has it will either die or recover and there will be no way for it to spread, IN THEORY...in my opinion this strategy could have worked if we done it 6 weeks ago when the writing was on the wall

• Advertisement

gabeeg wrote: »
    They're not hypochondriacs - they're people with symptoms of a killer virus in the middle of a ****ing pandemic.

If you had a cough and shortness of breath right now you can be damn sure you'd want a test. You wouldn't get one of course. No fever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnlT3rPNUp0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement