Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

With Boris being admitted 11 days after testing positive, does this not raise questions about the 7 days of self isolation and if it should be increased over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,690 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Our own stats here say that only 27% of positive Covid cases end up in hospital, so this is definitely worrying.

Not sure what they mean by 'tests', unless they're talking about chest x-rays and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about Ryan Tubridy? We had updates on Ciara Kelly and Claire Byrne. I hope he's improving.

he's fine, he beat it and is continuing to isolate for a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Sparko

Has anyone heard anything about Ryan Tubridy? We had updates on Ciara Kelly and Claire Byrne. I hope he's improving.

Back hosting the Late Late next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

threeball wrote: »
    He must have pneumonia. There's no other reason to bring him in now. I wonder are Cummings comments ringing in his ears now. He'd have to be worried.

Anecdotal obviously so take it with a pinch of salt if you want, my uncle was brought to hospital with covid a week or two ago, at the start of it really, had pneumonia, but is now at home recovering thankfully.

Hopefully Johnson is the same. The usual freaks on here licking their lips at the thought of more misery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,690 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

froog wrote: »
    he's fine, he beat it and is continuing to isolate for a week or so.

He says he only ever had very mild symptoms, despite testing positive - one of the lucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Shn99 wrote: »
    With Boris being admitted 11 days after testing positive, does this not raise questions about the 7 days of self isolation and if it should be increased over there?

sure does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I was thinking this,

How is Ryan.

Claire is doing good. I missed an update about Ciara Kelly. How's Ciara after her dose?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

He said last week that he plans to be back as LLS host next Friday. Don`t know about his radio show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

We all hope he's improving, but at 46 I think we need to accept he's never going to be a good presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

That's why they took him in for tests. He's still showing symptoms ten days in and may have a secondary infection. The seven days thing didn't say to end self isolation if still showing symptoms, so doesn't require amendment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

fits wrote: »
    They’re not going to bring him anywhere near a hospital unless it’s serious.

Why? In case he catches Coronavirus again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

10 days seems to be about the time many patients take to develop pneumonia. I would imagine he has developed that or some other lung issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

froog wrote: »
    if god forbid boris were to die, the panic in the UK would be off the charts, i would fear for them big time.

The Queen doing her 8pm address to Britain this evening is starting to make a lot more sense now. Reassurring message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

He looked quite overweight recently. Obesity is a major factor in severity of Covid-19. Best of luck to the man.

Ah now I wouldn't call him obese. Most men in their mid 50s have a bit of a belly, bar they're training.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Strazdas wrote: »
    Our own stats here say that only 27% of positive Covid cases end up in hospital, so this is definitely worrying.

Not sure what they mean by 'tests', unless they're talking about chest x-rays and the likes.

27% of people with a virus needing hospital care is quiet high. He's most likely going to be OK. He wasn't taken by Ambulance so he's obviously not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

Absolutely.I was stunned to see Matt Hancock chairing their briefing after 7 days isolation.
    Factor in the Scottish CMO breaking her own guidelines and you can see they are not good at listening to advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

The virus may be long gone from his system. However, his immune system may be depleted and his lungs damaged after the battle leading to him being susceptible to bacterial infections.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

gabeeg wrote: »
    We all hope he's improving, but at 46 I think we need to accept he's never going to be a good presenter.

That`s for a different thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Well this is far and above his presenting skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

This did make me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Ah now I wouldn't call him obese. Most men in their mid 50s have a bit of a belly, bar they're training.

No, he's not morbidly obese. He's not a whippet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

I'm sure they'll have a ventilator available for the PM anyway. What he jokingly called 'operation last gasp'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Some people love misery . You get the vibe they want Boris Johnson to be in a serious condition in hospital

He played political roulette with a lot of peoples lives, delaying lockdown etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

He is definitely obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,805 ✭✭✭✭walshb

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    27% of people with a virus needing hospital care is quiet high. He's most likely going to be OK. He wasn't taken by Ambulance so he's obviously not too bad.

Thought they said he was taken by ambulance...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I wish Boris well but the message coming out that it isn't an emergency - why would he go to hospital when other people with symptoms are told to ride it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

The Queen doing her 8pm address to Britain this evening is starting to make a lot more sense now. Reassurring message.
    is she taking over from boris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Seen on the news that we have 109 ICU beds available, on current numbers that could be filled in the next 2-3 days, THEN we'll see many more deaths, a very sobering thought.

Eh have you seen the ICU numbers the last few days? They've been relatively steady. For the beds to fill in "2-3 days" we'd need increases of 40 to 50 admissions per day. And that's assuming nobody recovers.

Pure scaremongering bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The decision to announce that the prime minister of the U.K has had no other option but to be admitted to hospital is not to be taken lightly

I wish him well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement