Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

An elderly couple that are long term family friends of my own family have sadly passed away within 24 hours of each other. When the numbers are released for Northern Ireland over the next couple of days, it’s surreal that they will be part of that statistic.

RIP B & M xxx

Only catching up on thread.
    Sorry to hear that Strawbs... just really only know you from the games forum. May they both Rest in Peace x
    We are weeks into this and I still can’t get anywhere near getting my head around it.... surreal is not the word.
    Mind yourself and those around you x

Just to add, if nobody knows there’s a forum here on boards for games... will try link it below.
    I find it a great distraction at times right now.

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1770

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

walshb wrote: »
    Thought they said he was taken by ambulance...?

Someone on sky news said he went himself bit by Ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    This did make me laugh.
    me too

• Registered Users Posts: 55,803 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I wish Boris well but the message coming out that it isn't an emergency - why would he go to hospital when other with symptoms are told to ride it out.

Well, he is the PM..

Little bit more concerning....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

He is definitely obese.

Anyone well built doing a bit of core work is technically obese.

Though I know Boris is ramhar enough.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The Queen doing her 8pm address to Britain this evening is starting to make a lot more sense now. Reassurring message.

The Queen`s message was actually recorded last Friday although not broadcast until tonight and presumably there was no indication then that Johnson`s condition was going to worsen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

update - he's being kept in overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Ah now I wouldn't call him obese. Most men in their mid 50s have a bit of a belly, bar they're training.

Most men in their 50s are obese

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

I wish Boris well but the message coming out that it isn't an emergency - why would he go to hospital when other people with symptoms are told to ride it out.

The 18 hour days he was working didn’t help either. He must be in a really bad way. This isn’t good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Coronavirus Update 7.45pm 5/3/20

Of those who have been hospitalised, we have 110 cases in the Beaumount, 83 in St. James’, 76 in the Mater, 72 in Tallaght, 68 in St. Vincent’s, 54 in Connolly, 33 in Cavan, 27 in Letterkenny, 25 in Limerick, 24 in Drogheda, 21 in Naas, 19 in CUH, 19 in GUH, and 4 in Portiuncula. Other hospitals in attached pic.

Sadly we have had an additional 21 deaths bringing our total to 158.

17 deaths located in the east, 2 in the south, 2 in the west. The median age of today’s reported deaths is 81

******PLEASE STAY AT HOME******

• Advertisement

me too

You probably didn't have a good laugh though, just an ok one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Coronavirus Update 7.45pm 5/3/20

Of those who have been hospitalised, we have 110 cases in the Beaumount, 83 in St. James’, 76 in the Mater, 72 in Tallaght, 68 in St. Vincent’s, 54 in Connolly, 33 in Cavan, 27 in Letterkenny, 25 in Limerick, 24 in Drogheda, 21 in Naas, 19 in CUH, 19 in GUH, and 4 in Portiuncula. Other hospitals in attached pic.

Sadly we have had an additional 21 deaths bringing our total to 158.

17 deaths located in the east, 2 in the south, 2 in the west. The median age of today’s reported deaths is 81

(Reference: Ciaran Cannon FG TD via FB)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Anyone well built doing a bit of core work is technically obese.

Though I know Boris is ramhar enough.

You can’t compare someone who is heavily muscled to someone carrying excess weight on their stomach. Boris is easily obese.

You probably didn't have a good laugh though, just an ok one :D
    have another joint nag

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

jackboy wrote: »
    You can’t compare someone who is heavily muscled to someone carrying excess weight on their stomach. Boris is easily obese.

I'm not. Just saying the definition of obese puts conditioned people into it.

Shur who knows maybe carrying excess muscle puts equal pressure on the heart having to supply all the muscle with oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

The 18 hour days he was working didn’t help either. He must be in a really bad way. This isn’t good at all.

If ever a guy isn’t used to working for 18 hours a day, it is Johnson.
    He barely did 18 hours a week in his life up to now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Whatever about at home, but just keep away from people. Why people CANT or WONT just get this into their heads and comply...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Boris is going to miss a big junk of this crisis.

He needs to rest to recover from this.

have another joint nag

No thanks Flynno :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am blaming Joe exotic!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A bit concerning that he was admitted to hospital late on a Sunday evening as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

LBC radio are covering the Boris hospitalisation right now. https://www.lbc.co.uk/

17 deaths located in the east today. We need a better breakdown. If that's Dublin, stricter measures may have to come in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

easypazz wrote: »
    He played political roulette with a lot of peoples lives, delaying lockdown etc.

His father proudly said he'd go to the pub if he wanted and no one was going to stop him when the first measures were being brought in. Such arrogance.

His father proudly said he'd go to the pub if he wanted and no one was going to stop him when the first measures were being brought in. Such arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

easypazz wrote: »
    He played political roulette with a lot of peoples lives, delaying lockdown etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭blackcard

From what I can gather, a lot of our deaths seem to have occurred in nursing homes. I think Tony Holohan gave a figure of 15 deaths in hospitals after we had over 110 deaths. This would seem to tie in with the clusters of cases in nursing homes and the high median age of those who died.
    Obviously, a huge effort needs to be made to care for those in nursing homes. There is a crumb of comfort in that cases in the general public seem to be relatively low. It could be that in 4 - 6 weeks, we could be back at work under restrictions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Brits still in denial and deflection about the 7 day rule they made up themselves.

Contradicting themselves.

Saying he was taken in only because he had a high temperature.

Yet telling people they only need to stay home if they have a temperature.

They have handled this so badly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement