Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

blackcard wrote: »
    From what I can gather, a lot of our deaths seem to have occurred in nursing homes. I think Tony Holohan gave a figure of 15 deaths in hospitals after we had over 110 deaths. This would seem to tie in with the clusters of cases in nursing homes and the high median age of those who died.
    Obviously, a huge effort needs to be made to care for those in nursing homes. There is a crumb of comfort in that cases in the general public seem to be relatively low. It could be that in 4 - 6 weeks, we could be back at work under restrictions

yep. And in 7 - 8 weeks we could be in full lockdown again

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

blackcard wrote: »
    From what I can gather, a lot of our deaths seem to have occurred in nursing homes. I think Tony Holohan gave a figure of 15 deaths in hospitals after we had over 110 deaths. This would seem to tie in with the clusters of cases in nursing homes and the high median age of those who died.
    Obviously, a huge effort needs to be made to care for those in nursing homes. There is a crumb of comfort in that cases in the general public seem to be relatively low. It could be that in 4 - 6 weeks, we could be back at work under restrictions

I think that was 15 deaths from ICU not all hospitalised cases where deaths occurred were ICU appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A bit concerning that he was admitted to hospital late on a Sunday evening as well.

He would have the best of best care available to him

doctors nurses etc that would be possible in a home setting

Must be very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Brits still in denial and deflection about the 7 day rule they made up themselves.

Contradicting themselves.

Saying he was taken in only because he had a high temperature.

Yet telling people they only need to stay home if they have a temperature.

They have handled this so badly.
    if they EU had gone for 7 days little britain mite have gone for 14

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Why would they avoid him going to hospital? Not like he's going to get infected he already is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is a dose, you cant try and continue to work. He should have been made go to bet for a few days on fluids and taken off his duties. At least know he will have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

hopefully Johnson is ok.

Terrible leader & PM. But I dont think he is a bad person as some people seem to believe.
    The late lockdown was most likely down to the medical experts who thought herd immunity would work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Naggdefy wrote: »
    17 deaths located in the east today. We need a better breakdown. If that's Dublin, stricter measures may have to come in there.

I would like to know how many are from nursing home clusters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭normanoffside

That biatch Carol Baskin at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

MD1990 wrote: »
    hopefully Johnson is ok.

Terrible leader & PM. But I dont think he is a bad person as some people seem to believe.
    The late lockdown was most likely down to the medical experts who thought herd immunity would work.
    dead Brits mite not agree with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

NDWC wrote: »
    Eh have you seen the ICU numbers the last few days? They've been relatively steady. For the beds to fill in "2-3 days" we'd need increases of 40 to 50 admissions per day. And that's assuming nobody recovers.

Pure scaremongering bollocks

It is'nt, at current numbers ~400 a day confirmed cases, 20% (80) of those will need to go into hospital, and of those 20% (16) will require an ICU bed.
    That's an absolute minimum.

The average stay in ICU is 15 days, a widely accepted figure for current infection rates is generally 10 times confirmed cases, so 50,000 active cases, plug those numbers into the formula above and then tell me again how much bollocks i'm talking.

Leo to help on the frontline. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8189725/Leo-Varadkar-registers-medical-practitioner-Irelands-coronavirus-crisis.html

Hope Boris makes a speedy recovery, for his unborn child’s sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Interesting video from a doc in NY.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Here's where we are on day 24.

508466.png

part 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Leo to help on the frontline. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8189725/Leo-Varadkar-registers-medical-practitioner-Irelands-coronavirus-crisis.html

And the many already born.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

It is'nt, at current numbers ~400 a day confirmed cases, 20% (80) of those will need to go into hospital, and of those 20% (16) will require an ICU bed.
    That's an absolute minimum.

The average stay in ICU is 15 days, a widely accepted figure for current infection rates is generally 10 times confirmed cases, so 50,000 active cases, plug those numbers into the formula above and then tell me again how much bollocks i'm talking.
    Looking at the ICU figures, or the increases day on day, they are actually levelling off sooner than the new cases.

If the majority of test results coming back over this week are the backlog, then I would guess those needing ICU from those results, would already be there. If they were waiting 2 weeks since their test, which based on here is the consensus of the waiting time for results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

The guy isn’t much of a father to his current kids so not much point in him rolling the dice again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Johnson copying Varadkar by heading to the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Scotlands CMO is resigning - Sky News

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/05/boris-johnson-admitted-to-hospital-with-coronavirus

Guardian claiming Boris is sicker than has been advised and doctors were concerned about his breathing

Best wishes to him in recovering

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grouchyman

bekker wrote: »

508466.png

What do the different coloured lines on the graph represent?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

Shn99 wrote: »
    Scotlands CMO is resigning - Sky News

Not surprising.She had no option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Be right back

bekker wrote: »

508466.png

What does each colour represent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

https://www.hampshirehospitals.nhs.uk/work-with-us/jobs-placements#!/job/UK/Hampshire/BasingstokeWinchester/Hampshire_Hospitals_NHS_Foundation_Trust/Bank_Bedside_Support_Worker/Bank_Bedside_Support_Worker-v2381915?_ts=3508

They're looking for any kind of health professional in the UK including vets and dentists to monitor temperatures, oxygen, blood pressure, respiration, venepuncture of patients with corona virus.

some of the bigger practices in the uk were contacted more than 2 week ago and told some of their people would possible be needed , ventilators were taken from practices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Purple - Total Ireland

Green - East

Red / Blue - South + West

Yellow - Midlands

I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Interesting video from a doc in NY.

whoah check out the comments, massive drama between him and another doctor at the same hospital.

Perhaps there are drugs which work against this virus - interesting find now we just need to figure out if it can be repurposed and do some trials.

Ivermectin

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

Sweet Jesus - just got an alert. Boris to go on a ventilator. “Sources”.

Unconfirmed obviously.

• Advertisement

froog wrote: »
    whoah check out the comments, massive drama between him and another doctor at the same hospital.

Yeah I have seen it but that other person being anonymous it could have been anybody. Maybe doctor or maybe just a janitor...
    There are other comments there from other doctors and nurses so he may be onto something there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement