Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Purple - Total Ireland

Green - East

Red / Blue - South + West

Yellow - Midlands

I think....
    The Red Hand will smite you, yellow NW (Donegal yellow and green).

Otherwise correct, haven't had any NW for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Yeah I have seen it but that other person being anonymous it could have been anybody. Maybe doctor or maybe just a janitor...
    There are other comments there from other doctors and nurses so he may be onto something there.

the guy seemed to have info about him being taken off the ICU ward though

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grouchyman

Sweet Jesus - just got an alert. Boris to go on a ventilator. “Sources”.

Unconfirmed obviously.

First link I found. Dunno how much trust I'd place in it TBH
    Russia’s main state news agency claims it has a “source close to the leadership of the NHS” who says Boris Johnson is being put on a ventilator 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Unconfirmed obviously.

Who's saying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

One of the replies is class
    Theyll test a f*cking Tiger but not me???!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Interesting video from a doc in NY.

So he thinks it’s like a high altitude sickness, so many unknowns about this new disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

grouchyman wrote: »

Yeah , I got it from Sputnik.

But it does tie into what I heard on LBC - that doctors were concerned about his breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

blackcard wrote: »
    From what I can gather, a lot of our deaths seem to have occurred in nursing homes. I think Tony Holohan gave a figure of 15 deaths in hospitals after we had over 110 deaths. This would seem to tie in with the clusters of cases in nursing homes and the high median age of those who died.
    Obviously, a huge effort needs to be made to care for those in nursing homes. There is a crumb of comfort in that cases in the general public seem to be relatively low. It could be that in 4 - 6 weeks, we could be back at work under restrictions

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VnTtGtEGyzDr1sAdoFieLpUeUUP0mbzryebHGUbISj4/edit#gid=0

Looking at the European averages there isn't much of a crum of comfort for us really. We are still being hit proportionally higher than other small countries like Austria, Denmark and Norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Talisman

I'm not sure what this means, I just found it interesting. Scientific studies have concluded that males are more susceptible to infection than females. (Previous post)

The distribution of cases in Italy reflect this but the numbers to date in South Korea and Ireland go against it.

Distribution of Coronavirus cases in Italy as of April 3, 2020, by gender
    54% Maies

Distribution of Coronavirus cases in South Korea as of April 3, 2020, by gender
    40% Maies

Covid-19: 21 further deaths, 390 new cases in Republic of Ireland
    The figures released this evening relate to data from the HPSC as of midnight on Friday, 3 April.

It shows that 47% of the cases of Covid-19 are men and 53% are women

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Monumental

Steer55 wrote: »
    Fantastic gesture by Leo. Not alone has he shown such examplary leadership throughout the crisis but to actually roll up his sleeves in the midst of it all and help out says alot about the man. Fair play to him.

I have no problem with Leo ,I think he is doing the best he can at the minute . There will be no need for him to roll up his sleeves ,my understanding is he will answer the phone one day a week with no specified hours . Please correct me if I have the wrong information

• Advertisement

I sometimes wonder reading news updates in this thread if I'm still on the last page.
    People - 4 hour old news has probably been reported multiple times already

Talisman wrote: »
    I'm not sure what this means, I just found it interesting. Scientific studies have concluded that males are more susceptible to infection than females.

Yet in Ireland more females are testing positive..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I thought it was that women were better at fighting it off ,same as the regular flu,manflu is real

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Wombatman wrote: »
    Johnson copying Varadkar by heading to the hospital.

Father Dougal McGuire: Boris has been in there a long time hasn't he? Do you think he's dead?

Father Ted Crilly: Probably doing tests.

Father Dougal McGuire: What sort of tests? General knowledge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

fritzelly wrote: »
    Yet in Ireland more females are testing positive..

And more men are dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Interesting video from a doc in NY.

What he is saying makes sense.
    He's getting a lot of agreement and encouragement from other health care professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Mr.S wrote: »
    From where?

Screenshot below of the Russian website which seems to have started this. No clue about it’s reliability though.

Edit: I looked it up and it seems to be an affiliate of Sputnik so fairly institutional Russian media. Not sure what they’d have to gain for publishing this incorrectly and they’d look silly if it turned out to be immediately proven wrong; so I am inclined to think there is at least some truth in it. But I guess we’ll know more soon enough.

EU3sUdXUUAAY5K9?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 17,803 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Shn99 wrote: »
    With Boris being admitted 11 days after testing positive, does this not raise questions about the 7 days of self isolation and if it should be increased over there?

It's 7 days isolation if your symptoms stop. If your symptoms don't stop after 7 days then you keep isolating.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

No great fan of Boris Johnson but last thing this country and the EU generally needs is a power vacuum in the UK, and ensuing power struggle.

coastwatch wrote: »
    What he is saying makes sense.
    He's getting a lot of agreement and encouragement from other health care professionals.

Part 3 - 5G is killing people

(most of his followers believe this)

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »
    Screenshot of the Russian website which seems to have started this. No clue about it’s reliability though.

Must be true if it's Russian media

• Registered Users Posts: 17,803 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Unconfirmed obviously.

He wasn't taken to hospital by ambulance though, if he was serious enough to require a ventilator then surely he would have need an ambulance

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

fritzelly wrote: »
    Must be true if it's Russian media

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/05/boris-johnson-admitted-to-hospital-with-coronavirus

“ The Guardian was told last week that Johnson was more seriously ill than either he or his officials were prepared to admit, and that he was being seen by doctors who were concerned about his breathing.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

grouchyman wrote: »
    What do the different coloured lines on the graph represent?
    Nothing I think

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

bilston wrote: »
    He wasn't taken to hospital by ambulance though, if he was serious enough to require a ventilator then surely he would have need an ambulance

The determination of whether or not he might need the assistance of a ventilator is unlikely to have been able to be made at his residence, i.e. without the benefit of additional diagnostic measures normally made at hospital.

Also, I can understand the desire of all in Downing Street not to have an ambulance turn up and fuel rumours, when his police protection could convey him to any number of London hospitals in minutes.

The determination of whether or not he might need the assistance of a ventilator is unlikely to have been able to be made at his residence, i.e. without the benefit of additional diagnostic measures normally made at hospital.

Also, I can understand the desire of all in Downing Street not to have an ambulance turn up and fuel rumours, when his police protection could convey him to any number of London hospitals in minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Larbre34 wrote: »

Agreed, a hospital is only minutes away, so it was probably well choreographed.

And it would be rather easy have oxygen in the car, if that helps.

This could be anything, but they wouldn't send him as a precaution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

It is'nt, at current numbers ~400 a day confirmed cases, 20% (80) of those will need to go into hospital, and of those 20% (16) will require an ICU bed.
    That's an absolute minimum.

The average stay in ICU is 15 days, a widely accepted figure for current infection rates is generally 10 times confirmed cases, so 50,000 active cases, plug those numbers into the formula above and then tell me again how much bollocks i'm talking.

Even with the numbers above the ICUs wouldn't be overrun in 2-3 days which is what you stated in the original post.

So yes you were talking bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,587 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 21 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died:

17 deaths located in the east, 2 in the south, 2 in the west of the country
    the patients included 9 females and 12 males
    12 patients were reported as having underlying health conditions
    the median age of today’s reported deaths is 81
    There have now been 158 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. The median age of deaths in Ireland is 81.

The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has been informed of 390 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland, as at 1pm, Sunday 5 April.

There are now 4,994 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.

www.gov.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement