Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭blackcard

GooglePlus wrote: »
    The speech was planned well before that, no?

Yes, all the more surprising that he went to hospital just after it was broadcast. But I am just surmising

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Looney1

Unacceptable comment, nobody deserves this.

Agree. Totally out of line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

blackcard wrote: »
    Surprising that Boris was taken to hospital this evening. The Queen's speech was obviously timed to act as a fillip to the British people. Unless it was necessary, I would have thought that Boris would have held off until the morning so as not to dilute her message particularly as
    medical assistance was available to him

Just cause Boris is Covid-19positive, has a high temperature and having difficulty breathing, the hide of him seeking medical attention to dilute the queen's message!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

fritzelly wrote: »
    What about the poor zoo keeper having to do the swabs :eek:

surely they'd sedate him... or give him something to calm the nerves anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I hope he doesn’t die but I can’t help thinking it’s payback for his previous stance on the crisis.

Wow. Most countries have been reactionary to this. How is the UK so much worse? Most countries left it too late to go into lockdown. And what did Ireland do that was so incredible? Closed schools and pubs? I seem to remember the UK went into a proper lockdown before Ireland. It's easy to have low caseloads when you're a far smaller country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

statesaver wrote: »
    Boris Johnson admitted to hospital where does it say he is in ICU ??

It doesn't. Just some doom mongers getting all hot and bothered.

Speculation is okay once it's on someone you don't particularly like apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Unacceptable comment, nobody deserves this.

Lots of people are now in the same position as him or worse or dead because of his inaction at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

blackcard wrote: »
    Surprising that Boris was taken to hospital this evening. The Queen's speech was obviously timed to act as a fillip to the British people. Unless it was necessary, I would have thought that Boris would have held off until the morning so as not to dilute her message particularly as
    medical assistance was available to him

Queens message was filmed Friday

CNN saying Boris going to hospital is major it's not like you or me
    If he's that sick waiting till the morning might not be wise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

So the tiger was skiing in Italy?

Yeah, part of a school tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

A hose works or shooting a gun into the air.

Boris made an appearance in British media from his phone during the week. The skin on his face was very blotchy red and he appeared to be very sweaty. I remember thinking he didn’t look great at the time. I hope he doesn’t die but I can’t help thinking it’s payback for his previous stance on the crisis.

What a horrible comment to make. Shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

old_aussie wrote: »
    Just cause Boris is Covid-19positive, has a high temperature and having difficulty breathing, the hide of him seeking medical attention to dilute the queen's message!
    it competes with the queen's speech story and becomes the number 1 story

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Boris made an appearance in British media from his phone during the week. The skin on his face was very blotchy red and he appeared to be very sweaty. I remember thinking he didn’t look great at the time. I hope he doesn’t die but I can’t help thinking it’s payback for his previous stance on the crisis.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Lots of people are now in the same position as him or worse or dead because of his inaction at the start.

Boris would have acted on the best medical advice at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,686 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fritzelly wrote: »
    What about the poor zoo keeper having to do the swabs :eek:

It all sounds a bit odd anyway. I'm not sure why vets would be testing animals for Covid-19 in the middle of a (human) global pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Coronavirus: Dose Matters in the Demographics of Death
    This has policy implications. Working in an office building that once had someone with the coronavirus in it is not as dangerous as dancing with a coronavirus infected person in the streets of New Orleans for Mardi Gras or on the beaches during Spring Break. And neither are as dangerous as spending time around severely ill Coronavirus patients in an ICU ward. This helps us understand why young healthcare workers — without underlying conditions — are falling ill with the virus. Many of them are dying.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Yeah, part of a school tour.

They call it a streak tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Classic21

I doubt it, the zoo keeper wouldn’t be able to swab a tiger if he was sedated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Be right back

Just wow. I'm not a fan of his but I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Our prime minister saying he is going back to the frontline if necessary

Their prime minister is in ICU

And that speech by the queen (never thought I would hear her saying such things again after ww2)

The **** is just about to hit the fan on these islands unfortunately

The **** has already hit the fan. We will look back on these days in a few years and find it hard to believe that this actually happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Boris would have acted on the best medical advice at the time.

Not true. He didn't want to be seen to collaborate with any EU health agency, or be seen to learn from Italy or Spain, because he wanted to show the Brits that the UK is perfectly capable of going it alone.

In simple terms he didn't want to undermine his Brexit dream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

Stheno wrote: »
    Queens message was filmed Friday

CNN saying Boris going to hospital is major it's not like you or me
    If he's that sick waiting till the morning might not be wise

Russian sources saying he’s at deaths door

https://ria.ru/20200406/1569611571.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

That might be true, but it certainly doesn’t mean he deserves it as “payback”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Any English version?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Even sedated they're not fully asleep lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Our Taoiseach saying he is going back to the frontline if necessary

Their prime minister is in ICU

And that speech by the queen of the U.K. (never thought I would hear her saying such things again after ww2)

The **** is just about to hit the fan on these islands unfortunately

Fixed you post for you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Any English version?!

Mine has the option to switch to English. it says hes being put on a ventilator. Not exactly a reliable source though is it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Yeah , I got it from Sputnik.

But it does tie into what I heard on LBC - that doctors were concerned about his breathing.

They do this in Germany. They go around testing people a week into Isolation and if symptoms are getting worse they are brought in and put on a ventilator before things get worse. They can manage it at this point .
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/world/europe/germany-coronavirus-death-rate.html#click=https://t.co/n1REuDID6g

• Advertisement

Russian sources? Ah well what more proof do we need.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement