Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Russian sources saying he’s at deaths door

https://ria.ru/20200406/1569611571.html

Fake News

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Since when do we believe what Russia has to say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

A lot of people are showing themselves up in this crisis. I have no doubt Boris, Trump and Varadkar are all doing their best and acting on the best advice they are given.

They are all making mistakes and good decisions but the underhanded suggestions on here that any of them are purposely harming their countries is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

It’s the same article as the English version posted earlier I believe.

It does say he’ll be put on a ventilator but not that he’s at death’s door, or am I missing something?

(Of course of the ventilator story is correct it doesn’t look good, but that alone doesn’t mean he’s about to die ... the reason we use ventilators is that they often actually work to save people’s lives)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Strazdas wrote: »
    It all sounds a bit odd anyway. I'm not sure why vets would be testing animals for Covid-19 in the middle of a (human) global pandemic.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tiger-tests-positive-for-covid-19-bronx-zoo-in-nyc-2020-4?r=US&IR=T

Nadia, three other tigers, and three African lions have developed dry coughs and decreased appetite, but are expected to recover. None of the zoo's other big cats, including tigers in another area of the zoo, have shown any coronavirus symptoms.

The cats were infected by a caretaker who had COVID-19 but was asymptomatic, according to the Wildlife Conservation Society.

Nadia was tested out of "an abundance of caution" after symptoms started on March 27, the zoo said, and it hopes that any information gained will contribute to the world's understanding of the virus,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Mine has the option to switch to English. it says hes being put on a ventilator. Not exactly a reliable source though is it

No. However a PM going into a hospital during this big a crisis is certainly concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

darced wrote: »
    A lot of people are showing themselves up in this crisis. I have no doubt Boris, Trump and Varadkar are all doing their best and acting on the best advice they are given.

They are all making mistakes and good decisions but the underhanded suggestions on here that any of them are purposely harming their countries is disgusting.

Or deserve to have the virus. Really shows the lack of class of some posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Boris would have acted on the best medical advice at the time.

That's dubious. Aren't they still operating under different advice than the rest of the world in some areas (the 7 day, 14 day thing)?

Far more likely is that they acted on the medical advice which corresponded to the action they were considering taking anyway. Even if that advice wasn't the majority viewpoint.
    It's a natural instinct of politicians, which in this case looks like a bad mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,116 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The Trump Show will be starting soon, always good to have some comic relief in this chaotic world.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Bob24 wrote: »
    It’s the same article as the English version posted earlier I believe.

It does say he’ll be put on a ventilator but not that he’s at death’s door, or am I missing something?

(Of course of the ventilator story is correct it doesn’t look good, but that alone doesn’t mean he’s about to die ... the reason we use ventilators is that they often actually work to save people’s lives)

Dr Motherway here has said 50% or more on ventilators die. Sobering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Wtf is wrong with people joking about Boris being sick.
    FFS he's a human being

• Registered Users Posts: 36,116 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Boris rushed to hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Last month
    'Boris Johnson said he was shaking hands with coronavirus patients just weeks before he tested positive for Covid-19. The prime minister confirmed he had entered self-isolation on Friday 27 March. Early this month, he insisted that people would be 'pleased to know' that the virus would not stop him greeting hospital patients with a handshake'

Fixed you post for you

well done you, we never would have known which queen he was referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Can’t believe some of the **** I’m reading here about another human (BJ). This is a cesspit, absolute ****... you know who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭JoChervil

froog wrote: »
    whoah check out the comments, massive drama between him and another doctor at the same hospital.

In the discussion below this video was one very interesting:
    Please see some interesting notes from our head of ITU on Ventilation . We are 4 weeks ahead of you in North Italy and I hope this may help . I would add an advice to keep an open Eye to associated PEs. and general thrombotic events , hence the need to anticoagulate . Best luck
    https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6647942157514653703/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Nearly all the tests that Boris is getting could be done from his home, I would expect him to be very unwell if he has gone into hospital, after the Queen trying to calm everyone done, the optics of this are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lillycakes2

Sits expected after a bit restrictions will ease and some of society gets back to normal. what about the older people, say the 70 yr old fit and healthy man/woman ? they want to get out and about? How long they be expected to not see their grandkids /family etc??

source?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

surely they'd sedate him... or give him something to calm the nerves anyway

Yeah that's great....

But what about the f**kin tiger??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

They are all marking mistakes and good decisions but the underhanded suggestions on here that any of them are purposely harming their countries is disgusting.

Trump and BoJo dropped the ball and made the crisis worse in their country.

They had a heads up from what was happening in Italy and make decisions to suit themselves.

Bojo wanted to show the UK could go it alone (brexit Ego)

Trump went on personal hunches over medical opinion. (Personal Ego)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Dr Motherway here has said 50% or more on ventilators die. Sobering.

I read that under normal circumstances 50% of people who go on ventilators die. With coronavirus its 70-80%

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

source?

Literally every single news outlet in the world. Pick you favourite and it will be on their home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

OK so what ever about "sources" but the simple fact is the PM of the UK has been admitted to Hospital on Sunday evening and this information has been realised officially to the press.

Can anyone do maths here ? because it's pretty clear to me the man must be gravely ill and is surly on a ventilator, if he didn't need to be on a ventilator then surly he would have been treated at number 10 by his private doctor and all kept hush hush.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, far from it but I can read between the lines and it looks clear to me the man is seriously ill.

Hopefully he will have a quick recover though as I would not wish ill on the man despite my feelings for him as a person and a politician

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

easypazz wrote: »
    Trump and BoJo dropped the ball and made the crisis worse in their country.

They had a heads up from what was happening in Italy and make decisions to suit themselves.

Bojo wanted to show the UK could go it alone (brexit Ego)

Trump went on personal hunches over medical opinion. (Personal Ego)

USA are doing better than us, Uk locked down before us, we wanted Nursing homes opened to visitors.

Everybody has fcuked up somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Last month
    'Boris Johnson said he was shaking hands with coronavirus patients just weeks before he tested positive for Covid-19. The prime minister confirmed he had entered self-isolation on Friday 27 March. Early this month, he insisted that people would be 'pleased to know' that the virus would not stop him greeting hospital patients with a handshake'

He never said he shook hands with coronavirus patients

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

what? when did this happen?

Literally every single news outlet in the world. Pick you favourite and it will be on their home page.

https://www.rt.com/uk/485039-boris-johnson-hospital-coronavirus-tests/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

He went by car as a precaution is the official line.

You said "rushed"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

USA are doing better than us, Uk locked down before us, we wanted Nursing homes opened to visitors.

Everybody has fcuked up somewhere.
    bull dropings
    The US is weeks behind us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement