Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Our prime minister saying he is going back to the frontline if necessary

Their prime minister is in ICU

And that speech by the queen (never thought I would hear her saying such things again after ww2)

The **** is just about to hit the fan on these islands unfortunately

Nothing more than a political stunt by Leo. At a time like this his fûcking job is to help run the country not a ward in a hospital. He has no business photo opping on the front lines of a health crisis, his job as he is elected to do is elsewhere... buffoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

darced wrote: »
    USA are doing better than us, Uk locked down before us, we wanted Nursing homes opened to visitors.

Everybody has fcuked up somewhere.

We are nowhere near as bad, they are expecting a huge surge in the states, we are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bob24 wrote: »
    Literally every single news outlet in the world. Pick you favourite and it will be on their home page.

I added the rushed part for dramatic effect though, although they didn't take the scenic route and stop for coffee, every thing is rushed when a PM is in transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I wonder has Boris any underlying medical condition. He is reasonably young in his 50s.

A lot of people are showing themselves up in this crisis. I have no doubt Boris, Trump and Varadkar are all doing their best and acting on the best advice they are given.

They are all making mistakes and good decisions but the underhanded suggestions on here that any of them are purposely harming their countries is disgusting.

When it is known fact (and I'm not arsed dealing with anyone who wants to say otherwise) that Johnson has done things against his country's interests in order to further his career then it is perfectly fair to suggest that he may do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

easypazz wrote: »
    He went by car as a precaution is the official line.

You said "rushed"

Nope I didn’t, you are referring to another poster.

But having said that, when the U.K. PM is transferred to the hospital I assume this is done pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭keynes

A lot of people are showing themselves up in this crisis. I have no doubt Boris, Trump and Varadkar are all doing their best and acting on the best advice they are given.

The problem is, the advice they have all been getting has been terrible. The fact Varadkar wanted to go ahead with St Patricks Day parades while Italy was been ravaged by a pandemic tells you all you need to know about the advice he's getting.
    Varadkar has yet to show any leadership throughout this debacle. I'm sorry, but going in to answer some phone one day a week doesn't quite cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

OK so what ever about "sources" but the simple fact is the PM of the UK has been admitted to Hospital on Sunday evening and this information has been realised officially to the press.

Can anyone do maths here ? because it's pretty clear to me the man must be gravely ill and is surly on a ventilator, if he didn't need to be on a ventilator then surly he would have been treated at number 10 by his private doctor and all kept hush hush.
    who's in charge there while he's been in isolation. Who takes over if the worst does happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Boris rushed to hospital.

Elvis is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Strumms wrote: »
    Nothing more than a political stunt by Leo. At a time like this his fûcking job is to help run the country not a ward in a hospital. He has no business photo opping on the front lines of a health crisis, his job as he is elected to do is elsewhere... buffoon.
    its time you went to bed mate

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »
    Nope I didn’t ...

Well whoever said rushed was mistaken, at least thats not the official line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

He went by car as a precaution is the official line.

You said "rushed"

He could have been rushed by unmarked police car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The optics and timing of this are terrible. Such a worrying development.

Hope Boris pulls through. As an elected leader of the UK and as a soon to be dad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,685 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

https://www.businessinsider.com/tiger-tests-positive-for-covid-19-bronx-zoo-in-nyc-2020-4?r=US&IR=T

Nadia, three other tigers, and three African lions have developed dry coughs and decreased appetite, but are expected to recover. None of the zoo's other big cats, including tigers in another area of the zoo, have shown any coronavirus symptoms.

The cats were infected by a caretaker who had COVID-19 but was asymptomatic, according to the Wildlife Conservation Society.

Nadia was tested out of "an abundance of caution" after symptoms started on March 27, the zoo said, and it hopes that any information gained will contribute to the world's understanding of the virus,

Oh right, it seems to have genuinely occurred then. An unusual case.....if Covid-19 was easily transmissable to animals, you'd be expecting to hear thousands of anecdotes of pets being infected with the virus in Europe by their owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I wonder has Boris any underlying medical condition. He is reasonably young in his 50s.

Pretty fit, but it doesn't matter in some cases. The fact he hasn't cleared this virus from his body already is a worry, seems it has taken a grip on him.

keynes wrote: »
    The problem is, the advice they have all been getting has been terrible. The fact Varadkar wanted to go ahead with St Patricks Day parades while Italy was been ravaged by a pandemic tells you all you need to know about the advice he's getting.
    Varadkar has yet to show any leadership throughout this debacle. I'm sorry, but going in to answer some phone one day a week doesn't quite cut it.
    time for Mary Lou?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

USA are doing better than us, Uk locked down before us, we wanted Nursing homes opened to visitors.

Everybody has fcuked up somewhere.

The whole thing is a rapidly evolving situation. So we all need to stay on our toes and stay flexible.

And I say this with the greatest respect to Leo Varadkar's intentions, but the Taoiseach is the Taoiseach. This is NOT Independence Day. Nó test pilots required. The Taoiseach's job is to marshall and lead. And use his medical background to rapidly steer policy and aid through.

time for Mary Lou?

Louise O'Reilly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Nearly all the tests that Boris is getting could be done from his home, I would expect him to be very unwell if he has gone into hospital, after the Queen trying to calm everyone done, the optics of this are terrible.

Very likely to be pneumonia. I wish the guy well. The sad thing about this illness, from the Italian experience, is at a certain stage the victim appears to be doing well and improving and then suddenly it starts to go down hill again. Sounds like Johnson has a less than mild version of this and it will take a month to clear from start to finish. You can't run a country the size of the UK when suffering from cv. Most would struggle to get out of bed. Rest is the cure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

who's in charge there while he's been in isolation. Who takes over if the worst does happen?

Dominic Rabb the foreign secretary would take over as acting PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Raab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Pretty fit, but it doesn't matter in some cases. The fact he hasn't cleared this virus from his body already is a worry, seems it has taken a grip on him.

He doesn't look fit, no disrespect to him. His image is not that of a person in their best shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭threeball

They are all making mistakes and good decisions but the underhanded suggestions on here that any of them are purposely harming their countries is disgusting.

Trump is a fcuking disgrace. Holding back federal stock so it can be hawked to the states by private companies. Denying states assistance unless they pay homage to him. Giving medical advice on unproven medicines so he can say i told you so. The man is disgusting.

Louise O'Reilly?
    God help us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭JoChervil

JoChervil wrote: »
    In the discussion below this video was one very interesting:
    Please see some interesting notes from our head of ITU on Ventilation . We are 4 weeks ahead of you in North Italy and I hope this may help . I would add an advice to keep an open Eye to associated PEs. and general thrombotic events , hence the need to anticoagulate . Best luck
    https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6647942157514653703/

I only ad, what PE means:
    Pulmonary embolism (PE) is a blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance that has moved from elsewhere in the body through the bloodstream (embolism). ... PE usually results from a blood clot in the leg that travels to the lung.

So blood clotting

threeball wrote: »
    Trump is a fcuking disgrace. Holding back federal stock so it can be hawked to the states by private companies. Denying states assistance unless they pay homage to him. Giving medical advice on unproven medicines so he can say i told you so. The man is disgusting.

He is still banging on about 29 million doses of that malaria drug and his chief medical officer is saying it is unproven.

This is over this weekend.

Can anyone do maths here ? because it's pretty clear to me the man must be gravely ill and is surly on a ventilator, if he didn't need to be on a ventilator then surly he would have been treated at number 10 by his private doctor and all kept hush hush.

They may want to do scans or x ray to see his lungs. Or any number of other tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

He is obese and possibly suffers with high blood pressure, which wouldn't be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

keynes wrote: »

When the worst criticism of Varadkar you can come up with while trying to put him down is that you somehow read his mind and know he “wanted to” do something that he didn’t do, that’s a pretty solid pointer that he’s been handling the situation extremely well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

its time you went to bed mate

Why cause he’s telling the truth. Why doesn’t Leo put on that gear he’s bought from China and do a shift on a hospital ward.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement