Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

keynes wrote: »
    The problem is, the advice they have all been getting has been terrible. The fact Varadkar wanted to go ahead with St Patricks Day parades while Italy was been ravaged by a pandemic tells you all you need to know about the advice he's getting.

If you think Paddy's Day was ever gonna happen then you're deluded.

The process for this, all the way through, has been to purposely not make announcements too far in advance. There's many key reasons for this, it's particularly behavioural psychology driven, and is the norm for anything with rapidly changing information in public health. But you're an expert, so you probably know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    He doesn't look fit, no disrespect to him. His image is not that of a person in their best shape.

He does a lot of riding , would need good lung capacity for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

fin12 wrote: »
    Why cause he’s telling the truth. Why doesn’t Leo put on that gear he’s bought from China and do a shift on a hospital ward.

Well he is paid to be our Taoiseach which to be honest is enough of a job at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Why cause he’s telling the truth. Why doesn’t Leo put on that gear he’s bought from China and do a shift on a hospital ward.

The reason for that is obvious.

Maybe the queen should go back to being a mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭threeball

Strumms wrote: »
    Nothing more than a political stunt by Leo. At a time like this his fûcking job is to help run the country not a ward in a hospital. He has no business photo opping on the front lines of a health crisis, his job as he is elected to do is elsewhere... buffoon.

The other day you were slating him saying he was only doing what the medical advisors were telling him. Which is it or would it stick in your craw too much to give the man some credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Amirani wrote: »
    If you think Paddy's Day was ever gonna happen then you're deluded.

The process for this, all the way through, has been to purposely not make announcements too far in advance. There's many key reasons for this, it's particularly behavioural psychology driven, and is the norm for anything with rapidly changing information in public health. But you're an expert, so you probably know that.

I don’t know about you, but anyone I knew were waiting and wanting that announcement to be made.

They may want to do scans or x ray to see his lungs. Or any number of other tests.

It's more than likely a chest x-ray alright. Probably do a few other checks while he's there, but nothing to be overly concerned about thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Interesting video from a doc in NY.

I’m no doctor but i wonder would that explain Why there is a suggestion that smokers do not necessarily get a worse dose? Hypertension would make more sense I think. You can’t get enough oxygen into the body.

Wonder also then if an oximetry is an even more important tool to have to garage your oxygen levels. It seems people can go downhill very fast when it seemed like they were getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

you should go to bed as well mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

He does a lot of riding , would need good lung capacity for that.

Depends on the type of riding he does really

• Advertisement

Well he is paid to be our Taoiseach which to be honest is enough of a job at the moment.

So why is he going answering phone calls then? That’s ok to do but not go on the ward. Answering phone calls is still time taken from his job as Taoiseach.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's more than likely a chest x-ray alright. Probably do a few other checks while he's there, but nothing to be overly concerned about thus far.

He's staying overnight according to CNN

A chest xray sounds a little trivial to announce he was in hospital in this current time

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Wtf is wrong with people joking about Boris being sick.
    FFS he's a human being

He was the one joking about the need to source ventilators as 'operation last gasp', didn't take it seriously at all, knew better than Europe etc. priority was to get Brexit done. I feel sorry for the thousands of Britons his bravado will cost the lives of. His father was belligerently declaring no one would stop him going to the pub on morning tv when social distancing measures were being introduced. Their arrogance has cost lives. Boris said 'people will die', unimportant people, people he didn't know or care about, statistics. These people believe they are special, untouchable. Like Trump, 'wear a mask but don't expect me to wear one'. If I was him I'd be very worried. This virus doesn't discriminate although I'm sure the higher up the food chain the greater your chance of receiving the best care & equipment available.

Firstly because he's the Taoiseach and has been out of practice for a while.

Secondly because he's a trained GP and so wouldn't be on a hospital ward as a matter of course anyway. Most GPs at the moment are spending most of their time doing phone assessments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Comedy Hour is on...sorry I mean the President of the United States is up

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump starts with a tribute to Boris. He must know it's serious .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Thank you doctor for you service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Stheno wrote: »
    He's staying overnight according to CNN

A chest xray sounds a little trivial to announce he was in hospital in this current time

If it was a chest xray we wouldn't hear about it.

you should go to bed as well mate

I won’t be going to bed anytime soon mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

Trump sounding downbeat about Boris. Knows how serious this could be...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭threeball

Because hes 7yrs removed from being a GP, not a nurse or ICU doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Dominic Rabb the foreign secretary would take over as acting PM.
    Probably take over, it's in the PM's gift, though unless BJ is borderline terminal, he'll probably just delegate roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

threeball wrote: »
    The other day you were slating him saying he was only doing what the medical advisors were telling him. Which is it or would it stick in your craw too much to give the man some credit.

It sticks in my craw that he just didn’t go and do it, had to have arranged a photographer too. Those lads aren’t just wandering around hospital wards.

Firstly because he's the Taoiseach and has been out of practice for a while.

Secondly because he's a trained GP and so wouldn't be on a hospital ward as a matter of course anyway. Most GPs at the moment are spending most of their time doing phone assessments.

Want that doctor from Clare who tested positive was a GP who did a shift in limerick regional A&E department after he came back from his holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

After the dust has settled I think every country is going to have to set up their own "watchdog" organization because WHO dropped the ball on this. Unprecedented circumstances for many countries but I hope we learn from this and become more proactive rather than reactive. It was like that scene from the good, the bad and the ugly with governments watching for the other to make the first move.

Thank you doctor for you service.

I'm not a doctor, but funnily enough I have one sitting beside me who suggested exactly what I posted, so I won't take credit for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

who's in charge there while he's been in isolation. Who takes over if the worst does happen?

Raab temporarily.
    But they'd quickly have a vote to elect a new leader of the Conservatives which Raab would be unlikely to win. Not sure who would - Gove, Sunak, Hancock would appear to be the frontrunners.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Elvis is dead.

That deserves more thanks than it got

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DevilsHaircut

JoChervil wrote: »
    I only ad, what PE means:
    Pulmonary embolism (PE) is a blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance that has moved from elsewhere in the body through the bloodstream (embolism). ... PE usually results from a blood clot in the leg that travels to the lung.

So blood clotting

https://twitter.com/tmprowell/status/1246881527662772224

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Trump blowing smoke up his own hole, 3 massive cargo planes, delivering PPE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement