Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Trump sounding like a rational human being is disturbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Amirani wrote: »
    I'm not a doctor, but funnily enough I have one sitting beside me who suggested exactly what I posted, so I won't take credit for it!

Aks your doctor friend do they normally schedule chest x-rays for late Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭threeball

Strumms wrote: »
    It sticks in my craw that he just didn’t go and do it, had to have arranged a photographer too. Those lads aren’t just wandering around hospital wards.

Most things stick in your craw that aren't SF spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,688 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Trump talking again about millions of PPE, masks etc, when he lists them I can't help thinking of the Irish Rover lyrics...
    We had one million bags of the best Sligo rags
    We had two million barrels of stones
    We had three million sides of old blind horses' hides
    We had four million barrels of bones
    We had five million hogs, had six million dogs
    Seven million barrels of porter
    We had eight million bales of old nanny goats' tails
    In the hold of the Irish Rover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

easypazz wrote: »
    Louise O'Reilly?
    She is too busy selling fags on Moore Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Trump sounding downbeat about Boris. Knows how serious this could be...

Come off it, Trump probably saw it on TV and came straight out. It's Trump! Bizarre how negative people on here about BJ and the UK. Maybe it is bad, but seems to be a bit of desperation about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Trump getting them digs in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

JoChervil wrote: »
    I only ad, what PE means:
    Pulmonary embolism (PE) is a blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance that has moved from elsewhere in the body through the bloodstream (embolism). ... PE usually results from a blood clot in the leg that travels to the lung.

So blood clotting

Let me tell you, a PE is a very non-trivial life threatening condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Trump talking again about millions of PPE, masks etc, when he lists them I can't help thinking of the Irish Rover lyrics...

Thanks, now I get to go to bed without being able to get that out of my brain! :D

M

Does Trump think he is talking to school children?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

https://www.businessinsider.com/tiger-tests-positive-for-covid-19-bronx-zoo-in-nyc-2020-4?r=US&IR=T

Nadia, three other tigers, and three African lions have developed dry coughs and decreased appetite, but are expected to recover. None of the zoo's other big cats, including tigers in another area of the zoo, have shown any coronavirus symptoms.

The cats were infected by a caretaker who had COVID-19 but was asymptomatic, according to the Wildlife Conservation Society.

Nadia was tested out of "an abundance of caution" after symptoms started on March 27, the zoo said, and it hopes that any information gained will contribute to the world's understanding of the virus,
    Ok have to ask how the hell would they know it's a dry cough or a wet one.
    Or how would a normal tiger cough sound like.
    I thought all cats and dogs carry some form of covid either ways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Amirani wrote: »
    If you think Paddy's Day was ever gonna happen then you're deluded.

The process for this, all the way through, has been to purposely not make announcements too far in advance. There's many key reasons for this, it's particularly behavioural psychology driven, and is the norm for anything with rapidly changing information in public health. But you're an expert, so you probably know that.

Ah come off it.

The government were at best ambivalent about Paddy's Day parades and at worst willing to go ahead with them to show we were open for business.

It was only AFTER a number of towns sensibly cancelled parades they acted. They even warned towns not to act on their own initiative.

You call this leadership? I don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I know there is a lot of depressing stuff (apart from the tit for tat) in this thread but there is nuggets of pure gold that make me laugh out loud and probably keeping me sane while keeping up to date with whats going at the moment.
    Thank god for the Irish humour!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

what the **** is his obsession with chloroquine??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Aks your doctor friend do they normally schedule chest x-rays for late Sunday night?

It's not just a routine chest x-ray. He's clearly unwell and so warrants some investigation. So will scan and examine lungs to check for issues

Trump sh1ting on about hydroxy again. Hes desperate for it to work so he can say i told you so. He planting his flag on it bigtime.

M

froog wrote: »

Trump - "What do you have to lose?" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Trump blowing smoke up his own hole, 3 massive cargo planes, delivering PPE.

Unlike our own piece on the Aerlingus flight full of PPE, where we rolled out the red carpet for the pilots, showed the air traffic controllers talking to the pilots, the army rolling down the motorway with the PPE, the press conference in front of the PPE......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Probably has shares in whatever Pharma company make it

M

He shouldn't be mentioning any drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno wrote: »

Scratch that has on about hydroxychloroqine again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

threeball wrote: »
    Because hes 7yrs removed from being a GP, not a nurse or ICU doctor.

But the UK are using vets and dentists. Why can't we use real doctors that's now on the register?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

fr336 wrote: »
    Comedy Hour is on...sorry I mean the President of the United States is up

Dr Trump will see you now....

I'm not a doctor but I deal in common sense.

Here, take this. I take one every day...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Stheno wrote: »

Give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

I'm not a doctor.

Trump, dangerous **** he is spouting out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

threeball wrote: »
    Trump sh1ting on about hydroxy again. Hes desperate for it to work so he can say i told you so. He planting his flag on it bigtime.

Disgraceful sh1t. He mentioned 29 million doses about 10 times now.

I see no other country touting it.

But the UK are using vets and dentists. Why can't we use real doctors that's now on the register?

Probably because the UK are fcuked and we're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Because they're mandated and obligated to do other, greater things?? Username checks out, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Hey now - it took him a week to learn to say the word almost correctly

• Advertisement

Disgraceful sh1t. He mentioned 29 million doses about 10 times now.

I see no other country touting it.

Fauci has come out and says it's not proven

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement