Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wombatman wrote: »
    Em..... can everybody please preface their posts with "I'm not a doctor but...." from here on out.

That would be great. Thanks.

"I'm not a doctor but...."

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

bekker wrote: »
    In this case he was correct,

Don't agree with Trump, or US gunboat 'diplomacy' over the decades but it is pointless have weapons if those wielding them are perceived to be too weak to use them.

On the other hand it could have just Trump being Trump and getting rid of someone he didn't perceive as being loyal to him personally.

The thing is too it was the US Navy who removed him as he broke the chain of military command by "accidentally" leaking the document to the media.

They take that **** extremely seriously, like the level of if he does that can he trusted to obey commands level. It's not something you get brought into a meeting with HR and given a warning over type of stuff.

If it was during the Obama or Bush terms he would have got the exact same treatment.

It was a ships Captain too, not an Admiral they don't sail ships they are higher up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Trump....try this drug, it mightn't work but it give it a lash lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Surely by now if the wonder drug worked it would have been proved to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭kyote00

'He is not a racist but'
    fritzelly wrote: »
    "I'm not a doctor but...."

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Sure knock back a bottle of bleech, that will kill it alright, says on the bottle, kills 99.9% of virus and germs, dead.

May or may not kill you in the process..

Trump logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

If Boris helped in any way to bring this on himself, it was through his apparently cavalier attitude to social distancing in the early days of the pandemic, saying he was going to keep shaking hands and that. Gave the impression he was convinced the UK PM couldn't get it and if he did it wouldn't be too bad.

I see the same attitude from Trump, he’s a narcissist anyway, but I think he really does believe he can’t get this virus. He said so much last night when he was like I’m not going to wear the mask,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Amazing Sweden doesnt get the same grief as UK or USA.
    Whats the difference?

Wombatman wrote: »
    Em..... can everybody please preface their posts with "I'm not a doctor but...." from here on out.

That would be great. Thanks.

Why would we do that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Whats the difference?

Probably because it’s not in the media as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭deaglan1

At last, a girl telling him he is acting like a quack

No time for the labs to do anything, leave it to Donald and Hydrochloroquine

Whats the difference?

We live between UK and USA

Fake news, CNN. Fakers.

Is this a comedy sketch.

It's a perfectly reasonable question to ask why he a non doctor or medical professional is saying Hydroxychloroquine is a solution to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

easypazz wrote: »
    We live between UK and USA

And have more family in UK & USA

"The greatest minds in the World..everyone admits it."

fin12 wrote: »
    Probably because it’s not in the media as much.

Maybe one reason.
    Why isnt it in the media as much though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Whats the difference?

Agreed, I will say that the US are under more spotlight as the world superpower and the UK get a lot of coverage because we're their neighbours. I bet you the very same people casting aspersions don't know the Italian or Spanish president's names.

I'm no fan of Trump but honestly this is something to be dealt with at state level first and foremost, I don't think every state has done all they can and that Trump is the bottleneck in the US battle against covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

“And the world keeps turning anyways
    The flowers come up anyways
    The mountains rise up anyways”

Absolutely nothing to do with the Virus and I’m not gone 100% hippy, but I do love them lyrics from a little band called Austra... just seems to fit the current situation for me.

Follow the social distancing guidelines says the doctor and Trump stands 2 feet away.

• Advertisement

They are all touching the same podium too.

Whats the difference?

I don't recall Sweden coming out to the rest of the world with as much bollix as this fella.

There inaction is more worrying than this loon, at least he is flapping, just no one knows what exactly it is he is flapping about.

easypazz wrote: »
    They are all touching the same podium too.

Is this your first time seeing one of these press conferences?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Whats the difference?

They have different cultures. A high number of Swedes live alone and you have very few multi generational households compared to other countries, so they distance as a norm. Also, within Sweden there is a huge debate about how they are handling things. 2000 doctors have signed a letter asking the government to reconsider it's position.

29 million doses of hydroxyquinone purchased on Dr. Trump's gut feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

fin12 wrote: »
    I don’t think anyone needed to rely on expert advice to know Cheltenham was a bad idea.

At that point everyone could see what was happening in Italy.

Didn’t stop Cheltenham....deserves to be on a ventilator???

Is this your first time seeing one of these press conferences?

No, but it reflects poorly that they keep doing it the more serious thing get. And now the question is being asked.

Less beds is a positive thing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

fritzelly wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about this test Trump keeps going on about that gives a result in like 15 minutes?

Channel 4 do an interview with veterinaries who have developed a test that can be done in 20 mins.. they dance around the accuracy of it when asked but interesting interview..

• Advertisement

deaglan1 wrote: »
    29 million doses of hydroxyquinone purchased on Dr. Trump's gut feeling

Well it was a hunch to be fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement