Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

laurah591 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i might be able to order an oximeter from with an ok delivery time? I know someone posted a link recently, drop me a pm please if you would not mind

Try Lidl, they might have some left over from a few weeks back they had them for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Amazing Sweden doesnt get the same grief as UK or USA.
    Whats the difference?

They look better?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The way Trump's mind works reminds me of Karl Pilkington on the Ricky Gervais Show.

I am convinced he believes the same monkey related news as Karl too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭kyote00

He has given the same spoof every day for the last few weeks. NY/NJ think they need 30k ventilators.....
    He has not been able to sent more than 8-10k - and about 10% were not really to go...Cuomo called him out on it and Trump is now saying its the states fault....

'Tony' is a qualified medical doctor - Trump is not

If this ends with 100k deaths over the course of next 6 weeks - then Trump should stand aside
    Lackey wrote: »
    :p
    Trump gave out specific details including numbers of ventilators
    No different to us wheeling out Tony every night.
    some might say at least Trumps stand up with his doctors to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

citysights wrote: »
    I’ve often heard the German health care system is outstanding, I don’t know where they rank but it’s interesting that they are doing this and have a lower number of deaths per million than other countries.

But like everyone is saying there is so much data out there and the situation is ever evolving so hard to fathom anything now.
    Here's the article
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/world/europe/germany-coronavirus-death-rate.html#click=https://t.co/n1REuDID6g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

NDWC wrote: »
    Yawn

People have been saying this for weeks now

It seems that some people can't accept that we might actually be doing ok

I dunno, I think people just expect the worst and aren't comfortable with good news.
    Nearly every post on here is negative, any positive post gets put down. And of course post with facts.... Canny have that.
    Personally, after all we've been though, myself personally cacooning for like 3 weeks now and the schools and pubs closed long before our 'lockdown' but still seeing double digits deaths, it can be demoralizing.

I've always had such a good experience with nurses, doctors, Porter's and everyone that makes the hospital run. To imagine them having to deal with a peak like Italy or Spain.... And how it can break them physically, mentally and emotionally, that's what I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Does anyone know where i might be able to order an oximeter from with an ok delivery time? I know someone posted a link recently, drop me a pm please if you would not mind

Amazon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Amazon would be the best bet.

The one I bought came with batteries. The batteries didn't last long for me even though it wasn't on 24/7. I'd say they lasted about 2 weeks, checking a few times a day.

While he has been talking the death figure has gone from 9562 to 9619 .....

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭deaglan1

Where is Fauci???????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

threeball wrote: »
    He still hasnt pulled on his wall street trader cap tonight. You could play a drinking game with his stichk but you wouldn't make the end of the conference

Right on queue, he goes on about the economy and it was in the best place ever.

I have a cheapo watch based one - PM me and I will post it on to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

MMMM Cold Turkey

hqdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

kyote00 wrote: »
    While he has been talking the death figure has gone from 9562 to 9619 .....

They sold more Ford F150s in that time

deaglan1 wrote: »
    Where is Fauci???????

Here he is!!!

Hope they ask him about that hydrowhatever drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Everything on his sheet is being avoided during the press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Trump is like someone who won a competition to be president for the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

He has given the same spoof every day for the last few weeks. NY/NJ think they need 30k ventilators.....
    He has not been able to sent more than 8-10k - and about 10% were not really to go...Cuomo called him out on it and Trump is now saying its the states fault....

'Tony' is a qualified medical doctor - Trump is not

If this ends with 100k deaths over the course of next 6 weeks - then Trump should stand aside

If there are "only" 100 thousand deaths Trump will claim that as a victory for his stance in this crisis.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trump is like Worzel Gummidge, only with worse hair and without his thinking head or his robin's nest in place of a heart.

• Advertisement

Trump wouldn't let him answer the hydro question.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He seriously cock blocked Fauci on answering on the Hydrothingymebobs.question put to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Reporter asks doc about the hydro... Trump interrupts "I told you about it"

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

On a positive note, New Years Eve should be some Craic this year. I’ll do a line, drink a pint and smoke a Spliff at the same time just to get rid of this sh1t year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

CNN not happy he blocked that Qs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

The nightly reeeeeing about trump crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I have a cheapo watch based one - PM me and I will post it on to you

Aldi.and lidl do them from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭deaglan1

Fauci sounds hoarse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Fauci must be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Obviously he wants to serve at this level but sharing the stage with Trump must be increasingly difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

So many things about this virus are surreal.
    The very odd Trump press conferences and their lack of social distancing while telling everyone to social distance.
    The vanishing whistleblower doctor in China.
    That it supposedly came from a Pangolin/bat in a wet market and.those things are still going.
    Faulty Chinese PPE after China causing this.
    The UK primeminister possibly at death's door and the Queen making a rare speech to the nation.
    A leader of a country reregistering as a doctor.
    This thread.

It is just ****ing nuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement