Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

So many things about this virus are surreal.
    The very odd Trump press conferences and their lack of social distancing while telling everyone to social distance.
    The vanishing whistleblower doctor in China.
    That it supposedly came from a Pangolin/bat in a wet market and.those things are still going.
    Faulty Chinese PPE after China causing this.
    The UK primeminister possibly at death's door and the Queen making a rare speech to the nation.
    A leader of a country reregistering as a doctor.
    This thread.

It is just ****ing nuts.

Wait until Emerdale and Eastenders have their covid story lines with a 80% death rate :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Fauci must be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Obviously he wants to serve at this level but sharing the stage with Trump must be increasingly difficult.

The American people do love him though. He tells the truth and doesn't sugar-coat it. I'd say he knows he better off sticking it out as he does get his message across, despite sharing the stage with Trump.

Imagine our Tony having to share the stage with Leo at the daily briefings and Leo taking all the focus. It would be sickening to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

The very odd Trump press conferences and their lack of social distancing while telling everyone to social distance.
    That it supposedly came from a Pangolin/bat in a wet market and.those things are still going.
    The UK primeminister possibly at death's door and the Queen making a rare speech to the nation.
    This thread.

It is just ****ing nuts.
    watch the tiger king yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

fritzelly wrote:
    That's why I'm curious about it - if it's so great why aren't they mass selling this worldwide Found the RTE article on it
    In that link it even says its not approved by the FDA.
    easypazz wrote:
    But knowing trump its probably a bit like a home breathalyzer, it gives an idea but not particularily accurate.
    I've read reports its only around 60% accurate. Not very good.
    threeball wrote:
    Its like a pregnancy test but using blood. One line and you're negative, two lines positive. The margin of error is yet to be proven.
    That is a different test method relating to antibodies. A drop of blood on a little cassette to see if there has been an immune response to exposure to the virus. Still an unreliable method.

The one Trump is on about in a small analyser. Swab sample and determins current infection. Haven't been proved to be reliable.

This thread.

It is just ****ing nuts.
    I can't wait to wake from this nightmare.
    God forbid I didn't have to live during a war. I wouldn't have it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

CNN saying Navarro and Fauci had a row over hydroxychloroquine in the WH and Navarro won. He's an Economist and Is the one who's driving its use.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Trump is like someone who won a competition to be president for the weekend.

With this health crisis I’d say there were a lot of Americans watching that with some degree of sweat on their brows and I don’t mean because of CoVid19. Even from this far away it’s more than a little worrying to have this clown in charge of a democracy of the global power and influence of the US.

The whole thing was an example of how may lightyears he is away from grasping what the American people and indeed the world need from a leader. I can see him starting to loose the right in America. Once lives and livelihoods and community is hit and people look back. The Republican Party might just with hindsight think they fücked up, they really might have.

Strumms wrote: »
    With this health crisis I’d say there were a lot of Americans watching that with some degree of sweat on their brows and I don’t mean because of CoVid19. Even from this far away it’s more than a little worrying to have this clown in charge of a democracy of the global power and influence of the US.

The whole thing was an example of how may lightyears he is away from grasping what the American people and indeed the world need from a leader. I can see him starting to loose the right in America. Once lives and livelihoods and community is hit and people look back. The Republican Party might just with hindsight think they fücked up, they really might have.

I'd love to see a map of the states with the highest cases overlayed with the same map with Democrat/Republican seats.

It's almost like he doesn't care until his supporter base is affected/infected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

This thread.

It is just ****ing nuts.

You typed a list of suspicions without elaborating on them. What exactly are you getting at? this Virus is sh1te but if you’re going to go 100% tinfoil hat, just spit it out.

CNN saying Navarro and Fauci had a row over hydroxychloroquine in the WH and Navarro won. He's an Economist and Is the one who's driving its use.

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-sneak-peek-c6325dc6-960a-41e3-8fe0-23ad9ec0471d.html?chunk=0&utm_term=twsocialshare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

This thread.

It is just ****ing nuts.

And to top it all off, we now need to keep at least 2 metres from Lions and tigers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

His girlfriend Carrie is just recovering from it.

So he’s Carrie-ing it on.

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1245765508156268560

Citizens for Ethics
    @CREWcrew

Massachusetts only received 17% of aid requested and Maine 5%, while Florida will receive its 3rd shipment of 100% of aid requested. We’re investigating if the Strategic National Stockpile is distributing aid based on Trump’s personal preferences.

here's a comparison from worldometer. Nearly identical case and death numbers. Obviously the people of Florida deserve all of the help they can get, but so does everyone else.

MASSACHUSETTS (a state that is 100% guaranteed to vote against Trump in November)
    cases: 11,736
    deaths: 216
    "Massachusetts only received 17% of aid requested"

FLORIDA (where Mar-A-Lago is; a state Trump won by only 1.2% in 2016)
    cases: 12,151
    deaths: 218
    "Florida will receive its 3rd shipment of 100% of aid requested"

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    And to top it all off, we now need to keep at least 2 metres from Lions and tigers.

I have 5 ferrel cats ..... I'm isolating.... I can't get/make the cats isolate. I'm ****ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Lackey wrote: »
    Unlike our own piece on the Aerlingus flight full of PPE, where we rolled out the red carpet for the pilots, showed the air traffic controllers talking to the pilots, the army rolling down the motorway with the PPE, the press conference in front of the PPE......

and then brought them all on the Late Late Show...
    briany wrote: »
    Bit of egg on Boris's face now because he was acting like he was over the worst of it in his video updates. I assume he's getting the best of medical care, though. But one good thing that might come out of his suffering with this is that he'll know that Covid-19 is no joke for many people and he'll be less tempted to be cavalier in directing the nation's approach.

wonder will any tabloids go for a 'Last Gasp' headline in tomorrows papers?

and then brought them all on the Late Late Show...

wonder will any tabloids go for a 'Last Gasp' headline in tomorrows papers?

I'd say that's a low blow. But calling it 'last gasp' just shows either he found the situation amusing or was just totally oblivious to how serious it was or could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭kyote00

hydroxychloroquine -> Made by Teva -> Teva based in Isreal -> Jared Kushner lead trade mission to Isreal....

Also seems there is a COVID testing firm with link to Kushers brother....
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kushner-oscar-covid/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Lucy8080 wrote: »

If Lions and tigers can get cats maybe can get it too, they could be in their demonic ways be spreading the bug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

kyote00 wrote: »
    hydroxychloroquine -> Made by Teva -> Teva based in Isreal -> Jared Kushner lead trade mission to Isreal....

Fcuk off to the conspiracy theory thread with this sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The way Trump has been pushing that stuff, it would not surprise me.

Implausible but would not surprise me. The whole situation is mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭kyote00

Its not conspiracy, its business.....

truth is beginning to hurt the trumpettes
    Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Fcuk off to the conspiracy theory thread with this sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

World statistics....

Confirmed Cases : 1.27 million

Recovered : 260,012

Deaths : 69,374

Ireland : 4994 Recovered : 25 Deaths : 158

Source : WHO https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭patnor1011

looks like lockdown may be longer than we think.

date%20of%20restrictions%20lifted.jpg?itok=46mLvSuR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Its not conspiracy, its business.....

truth is beginning to hurt the trumpettes

Deluded

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

patnor1011 wrote: »
    looks like lockdown may be longer than we think.

I think those estimates are way way too optimistic, if we want to continue protecting the vulnerable we will need September at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Untrue, read the article not just the headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I think those estimates are way way too optimistic, if we want to continue protecting the vulnerable we will need September at a minimum.

I was talking to a publican the other day. They are more or less been told could be at least September before any chance of re-opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wolf359f wrote: »
    The American people do love him though. He tells the truth and doesn't sugar-coat it. I'd say he knows he better off sticking it out as he does get his message across, despite sharing the stage with Trump.

Imagine our Tony having to share the stage with Leo at the daily briefings and Leo taking all the focus. It would be sickening to watch.

And that's why Leo (I assume) lets Tony take the stage - he's front and center and they listen in the background to his advice as he is the man who knows a lot more about it than they do

In that link it even says its not approved by the FDA.

So no guarantee to it's accuracy - Trump is walking round infecting everyone!

• Advertisement

Wolf359f wrote: »
    I'd love to see a map of the states with the highest cases overlayed with the same map with Democrat/Republican seats.

It's almost like he doesn't care until his supporter base is affected/infected

Sounds like a challenge - may do it tomorrow :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement