Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

threeball wrote: »
    I'll sell them a test that does it in 3 mins. 50% accuracy

2 min test, 90% accurate ... (every test comes back negative)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's depressing life as we now know it. I wanna live god dammit it, I wanna live .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If that's true it is disgusting
    He did say in his briefing one state returned 400 ventilators - the cynic me thought yeah they asked for 600, they sent 1000, just so they can have the soundbite

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's depressing life as we now know it. I wanna live god dammit it, I wanna live .

One thing Trump has been banging on about is that the cure may do more damage than the disease. We could literally go in to lockdown for years and have the country at a level where financially there is not enough money to feed people because we want to protect the vulnerable from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lillycakes2

There is something very fishy about this Virus, none of it adds up,,...………. Trumps conferences are hilarious, very entertaining, I look forward to watch every night now.its gas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Yes, and if anyone lectures me about climate change after all this they’ll be swiftly told where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

One thing Trump has been banging on about is that the cure may do more damage than the disease. We could literally go in to lockdown for years and have the country at a level where financially there is not enough money to feed people because we want to protect the vulnerable from it.

It's a new virus and there's so much unknowns about it. Just tonight there was a report about tigers in a zoo in New York having the virus. Thats serious and has to be studied more. It's vitally important to slow down the spread of the virus so professionals can study it and try and understand this virus more. So trump's words about the cure maybe causing more damage than the disease is codswallop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 realitycheque

I think those estimates are way way too optimistic, if we want to continue protecting the vulnerable we will need September at a minimum.

5 more months of this???? at some point people are going to have to deal with reality here. It's herd immunity one way or the other folks, and were not gonna be inside for 18 months waiting for a vaccine... we simply cannot afford or comply with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

5 more months of this???? at some point people are going to have to deal with reality here. It's herd immunity one way or the other folks, and were not gonna be inside for 18 months waiting for a vaccine... we simply cannot afford or comply with that!

I can’t help thinking that lockdowns are just kicking the can down the road. It will just take one infected person to start the whole thing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There is something very fishy about this Virus, none of it adds up,,...………. Trumps conferences are hilarious, very entertaining, I look forward to watch every night now.its gas

There is something...off about the virus... about the responses from Trump and his posturing.. I just wouldn't trust that fùcker as far as I could throw him... funny if it was fiction... but this has a lot to run... yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

But if it got really bad (and it won’t) I personally wouldn’t want to live anyways. I watched a YouTube video of a guide of what you should do before and after shopping, and TBH if it really came to living like that, I’d personally rather be dead anyways... but it won’t. Things aren’t always as bad as they seem. This will pass and unfortunately people will die but living through the Internet age makes things 50 times worse than they really are.

https://youtu.be/-JYXBw1-VmE

• Registered Users Posts: 18,680 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think those estimates are way way too optimistic, if we want to continue protecting the vulnerable we will need September at a minimum.

Way too long I would think. Hundreds of thousands of people have had elective surgery cancelled, chemotherapy sessions, physiotherapy and psychotherapy, all of sport and leisure cancelled etc......you can't just shut down an entire country and society for six months as if it's something of no consequence.

It could easily end up where the lockdown causes far more damage to society than the actual virus.

M

owlbethere wrote: »
    It's a new virus and there's so much unknowns about it. Just tonight there was a report about tigers in a zoo in New York having the virus. Thats serious and has to be studied more. It's vitally important to slow down the spread of the virus so professionals can study it and try and understand this virus more. So trump's words about the cure maybe causing more damage than the disease is codswallop.

What if the majority of wild birds have it, what happens then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020/apr/05/retired-senior-judge-sir-john-laws-dies-after-contracting-coronavirus

Dominic Cummings' uncle judge John Laws dies after contracting the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

We're not long into the lockdown and people are already reaching the point where their boredom is outweighing their empathy.

M

Strazdas wrote: »
    Way too long I would think. Hundreds of thousands of people have had elective surgery cancelled, chemotherapy sessions, physiotherapy and psychotherapy, all of sport and leisure cancelled etc......you can't just shut down an entire country and society for six months as if it's something of no consequence.

It could easily end up where the lockdown causes far more damage to society than the actual virus.

We might have to accept 1% of the population being taken by Covid-19 each year of which 50% of them would have died from another complication anyway.

I don't know. I'm going to sleep now.

Might help if you gave some context to the "what?"

This is why studies get done. The study on cats according to this article found that there was no direct evidence that they secreted enough to infect a human.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

We might have to accept 1% of the population being taken by Covid-19 each year of which 50% of them would have died from another complication anyway.

I'm starting to worry it might have to go that way if we don't find a drug combo to reduce its severity.

It might have to be our generations tuberculosis :(

kowloon wrote: »
    We're not long into the lockdown and people are already reaching the point where their boredom is outweighing their empathy.

I hate the boredom complaint.

I think they can justify a two to three month lockdown but nothing beyond that. Once you go past the three months, the negatives are so numerous that they are starting to heavily outweigh the positives i.e. keeping people alive merely so that they can be prisoners in their own homes and have nothing to live for.

I do think though most Govts are on the case and will movely as quickly as possible to get us out of the lockdown phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭marilynrr

There are lots of vulnerable people in the country.
    Not just those vulnerable to this virus.
    There's people vulnerable to all sorts of different issues, mental health problems, those in abusive homes and so on.
    Some kind of normality is going to have to come back way before September.

It's not boredom per se - we're social animals, it's how we survived.
    We need social interactions for normal well being - it's how we got more intelligent by knowledge sharing and lots of other things
    I've noticed these past few days I'm starting to get a bit ratty and I would normally be a very laid back type of guy who doesn't let anything bother me.

marilynrr wrote: »
    There are lots of vulnerable people in the country.
    Not just those vulnerable to this virus.
    There's people vulnerable to all sorts of different issues, mental health problems, those in abusive homes and so on.
    Some kind of normality is going to have to come back way before September.

100% and I'd imagine most governments are aware of this. They know they have to get us out of the lockdown quickly, otherwise they'll see a massive spike in murders, suicides, domestic violence, depression, drug taking, self harming etc.

owlbethere wrote: »
    I hate the boredom complaint.

Some people need to be out and about, but the majority of us can find things to entertain us, although I'd go full feral if my internet connection went down.

Some people need to be out and about, but the majority of us can find things to entertain us, although I'd go full feral if my internet connection went down.

I cannot imagine how life would be without the internet right now - murder rate would definitely be higher. A real test of modern life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

fritzelly wrote: »
    Might help if you gave some context to the "what?"

why are they using Mercator projection ???

• Advertisement

why are they using Mercator projection ???

You mean America isn't really that big?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement