Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

klose wrote: »
    Noticed myself around my area I'm seeing elderly people out walking who I've never seen before in my life around here.
    the in laws started going to the beach before the lockdown. never walked much before but the golf club and bowls club they go to had closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This is more to do with the 'immunity passport'/back-to-work thing than using donor antibodies to treat the sick.
    Yeah, but you still need to wait for a bit so that you can check for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

On now.

So it's a PPE update. Big place.

Sorry to make a joke.....

"The boxes in the foreground contain effective PPE equipment, the boxes in the background are ****ed "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

My wife has an aunt and uncle living together, neither ever married. The aunt has been seeing a fella for years (they live apart) and through this thing herself and the fella have been carrying on as normal which involves alot of drinking and calling to other people's houses, that requires some driving so there is drink driving going on. The aunt even went to her hairdressers house the other day to get the hair done. To top all this off the uncle is recovering from cancer and is beside himself with worry. After the aunt ignored the pleas from the uncle and the rest of the family my father in law reported her to the Guards. The Guards came out to the house and told the aunt that she'd be reported for not obeying the lockdown and basically told her to cop on. This quietened her down for 2 days but selfishly she is now back to the same carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

does anyone have a link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Link?

RTE News Now, Twitter too apparently on @HSElive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Does anyone have a predicted peak for us yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Level 42 wrote: »
    Welcome to 3 weeks ago kivaro that was some kip you had
    Thank you for that constructive post.

In a German-owned supermarket last week, there were no sanitiser points, nothing to wipe off the shopping carts, no guidelines/instructions, and zero physical distancing aids e.g. yellow strips on the floor.
    There were also too many people in the shop, as there was nobody at the entrance limiting shoppers.

Some supermarket chains were late to the game in initiating corrective measures. But as seen in other posts on this thread, it is the smaller shops that are also struggling with these issues today, which is why I recommended government involvement e.g. public service announcements.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

jackboy wrote: »
    Yes, that topic has shown how strong propaganda is. Many on this thread have continued to say how masks don’t work in the face of overwhelming evidence that they reduce the risk of contracting the virus.

As has been stated often, masks work to protect the user from getting infected if they are of the suitable type and are used correctly. Putting on a mask and taking it off requires a technique the prevents cross contamination. Many casual users will fall down on that thus causing cross contamination, but have a false sense of safety.

The surgical mask, or just a fabric mask will protect other if the user is infected because it will trap moisture, and thus air born droplets, reducing their range of infection. Again, proper use is needed, but it is less likely that improper use will cause problems to others than the wearer.

Do we have any/enough masks available?

The same logic applies to gloves. It is easier to wash hands properly and often rather than be changing gloves constantly.

Do we have plenty of disposable gloves?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Akabusi wrote: »
    My wife has an aunt and uncle living together, neither ever married. The aunt has been seeing a fella for years (they live apart) and through this thing herself and the fella have been carrying on as normal which involves alot of drinking and calling to other people's houses, that requires some driving so there is drink driving going on. The aunt even went to her hairdressers house the other day to get the hair done. To top all this off the uncle is recovering from cancer and is beside himself with worry. After the aunt ignored the pleas from the uncle and the rest of the family my father in law reported her to the Guards. The Guards came out to the house and told the aunt that she'd be reported for not obeying the lockdown and basically told her to cop on. This quietened her down for 2 days but selfishly she is now back to the same carry on.

Selfish people do not care.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Does anyone have a predicted peak for us yet?
    After Easter has been suggested but an actual date is very elusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Testing per day of 4500 will be available next week compared to 2000 odd now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Longing

4,500 tests per day will be done starting next week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

GM228 wrote: »
    Longing wrote: »
    4,500 tests per day will be done starting next week

Source for this?

Source for this?

Paul Reid, live now on TV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Source for this?

HSE Live briefing.

On RTE News Now and Twitter (Twitter sound not great)

https://twitter.com/HSELive/status/1246739401994121216?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Allinall

Source for this?

CEO of the HSE on RTE news now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Source for this?

Think the Head of HSE said it in his address. But it was passed over quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

saabsaab wrote: »
    I thought they have done what you suggest? Anyway I agree they are potential superspreaders for community transmission.
    They need to 'up' the measures that are in place now though.
    That's my point, since supermarkets are now the one place where large crowds gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

GM228 wrote: »

Next week is tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Allinall wrote: »
    CEO of the HSE on RTE news now

Terrible speaker for someone in such a high position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Kivaro wrote: »
    Thank you for that constructive post.

In a German-owned supermarket last week, there were no sanitiser points, nothing to wipe off the shopping carts, no guidelines/instructions, and zero physical distancing aids e.g. yellow strips on the floor.
    There were also too many people in the shop, as there was nobody at the entrance limiting shoppers.

Some supermarket chains were late to the game in initiating corrective measures. But as seen in other posts on this thread, it is the smaller shops that are also struggling with these issues today, which is why I recommended government involvement e.g. public service announcements.

You should report them to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

jackboy wrote: »
    Yes, that topic has shown how strong propaganda is. Many on this thread have continued to say how masks don’t work in the face of overwhelming evidence that they reduce the risk of contracting the virus.

The powers that be should have been more truthful with the public... they should just have said from the start that there is a shortage of masks and that they should be reserved for the frontline in this battle against the virus.

Making out that you need a the equivalent of a PhD in putting on and taking off a mask was quite frankly ridiculous. One look at the streets of the Asian countries, who have been successful in containing the virus, is proof enough that masks work.

The cynic in me also thinks that western governments, having invested so much in all those 'Big Brother' CCTV cameras and facial recognition software, are not so keen on people wearing masks in public. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Allinall

Azatadine wrote: »
    Terrible speaker for someone in such a high position.

It’s what he says that counts. Not how it is said.

Is it the dublin accent upsetting you?

• Advertisement

voluntary wrote: »
    Next week is tomorrow?
    Don't think he said that, more like from next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement