Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

He is leading by example. Fair play to him.

no Boris is, on the frontline

he will be invincible after

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

BanditLuke wrote: »
    And the virus will surge when we do and we shut down again. And on we go.

Until we have a vaccination or a possible combination of meds that works on it this is us for the forseeable.

So your saying theres going to be these strict measures for the next few months ?
    No chance, the CMO and gov ministers have been quite open in saying this isn't sustainable long term. It's not about stopping it, it's about pushing the peak out to a point where future numbers become manageable.

I dont see non essential businesses open before June for what it's worth, but at that point your about 3 months into restrictions. We'll have to see how the likes of Italy etc restart things

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭threeball

And the virus will surge when we do and we shut down again. And on we go.

Until we have a vaccination or a possible combination of meds that works on it this is us for the forseeable.

Yes, the sooner people get their head around that the better. Its either that or everyone write to Leo saying we're willing to take our chances and they lift the lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

threeball wrote: »
    Jaysus, this thread took a turn overnight. Panic setting in about having to stay in the house for a few weeks. Half of ye wouldnt leave the house if ye were asked on a normal week but the world is collapsing because you're asked to stay in. Maybe if ye went to bed rather than staying up half the night freaking out over boredom and not going to the pub you wouldnt be sh2tting the bed after 9 days.
    There was a post last night saying something like "When all this is over if anyone even tries to talk to me about climate change I'll tell them where to go"

Like sitting on your arse for a few weeks is such a hardship don't ever talk to me about issues....Away with talk about climate issues, people dying on the roads, giving up cigarettes. I'VE SUFFERED ENOUGH!

Hrududu wrote: »
    There was a post last night saying something like "When all this is over if anyone even tries to talk to me about climate change I'll tell them where to go"

Like sitting on your arse for a few weeks is such a hardship don't ever talk to me about issues....Away with talk about climate issues, people dying on the roads, giving up cigarettes. I'VE SUFFERED ENOUGH!

Had to be the stupidest post ever. "I'm sick of this temporary inconvenience so don't talk to me about a permanent one". It just shows why as a species we're fcuked. Too many simpletons only worried about themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Japan about to declare a state of emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Had to be the stupidest post ever. "I'm sick of this temporary inconvenience so don't talk to me about a permanent one". It just shows why as a species we're fcuked. Too many simpletons only worried about themselves.
    Some people are just not mentally able to deal with all of this and I'd imagine the vast majority may have wobbled at some point. There are plenty of reasons for sure but some of this selfishness may come from a mental need. We'll all learn from this, hopefully, once in a lifetime experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

bmcc10 wrote: »

Wasn’t an issue at all prior to the oympics being cancelled 🤔🤔

is_that_so wrote: »
    Some people are just not mentally able to deal with all of this and I'd imagine the vast majority may have wobbled at some point. There are plenty of reasons for sure but some of this selfishness may come from a mental need. We'll all learn from this, hopefully, once in a lifetime experience.

Well thats an indictment of the society we've created, full of people who fold at the first sign of adversity. I could undetstand one or two but there were at least 15 posters here last night moaning about how tough it is. You would really have to wonder what we would do in a real crisis where you were in danger no matter where you went or there was a lack of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bushmaster64

I note that the theory of Corona escaping from the Bio lab in Wuhan is gaining more mainstream traction.

This is now looking like the Chinese Chernobyl. Only it will kill many more people.

The idea that it's a coincidence that a level 4 bio lab which researches infectious diseases is basically across the street from the wet market blamed for the outbreak, doesn't hold water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Spain is a different story altogether, we acted quicker with restrictions than they did. It was already well out of control with regards to ICU beds there before anything was imposed.

As bad as it sounds, at some point our numbers here will be deemed acceptable to restart the economy and thats what it comes down to.

Pubs here will be open at some point during the summer. Be it june or july probably.

The likes of Ibiza already have a huge PR campaign that October is the new summer, they know people wont travel over the summer

October 2021 maybe, I broke quarantine yesterday and took a stroll down the beach, no one around, the SS thug Nazi police were patrolling the coast on a boat to make sure no one was sitting alone miles from anyone on the beach.

Cops are loving this here, any excuse to beat people up ,.... just wait till June/July here ... gonna get nasty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Wonder are the doctors and nurses asking Boris where the 350m a week is and what the f**k he thinks of the herd immunity idea now?

I note that the theory of Corona escaping from the Bio lab in Wuhan is gaining more mainstream traction.

This is now looking like the Chinese Chernobyl. Only it will kill many more people.

The idea that it's a coincidence that a level 4 bio lab which researches infectious diseases is basically across the street from the wet market blamed for the outbreak, doesn't hold water.

China back in business, China buying up all the gold and other stocks that have collapsed, China will be the only super power after all this.

China is the enemy of the world.

Absolute scum government.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

bmcc10 wrote: »

They seemed to be doing so well it was that when they still thought the Olympics were happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

So your saying theres going to be these strict measures for the next few months ?
    No chance, the CMO and gov ministers have been quite open in saying this isn't sustainable long term. It's not about stopping it, it's about pushing the peak out to a point where future numbers become manageable.

I dont see non essential businesses open before June for what it's worth, but at that point your about 3 months into restrictions. We'll have to see how the likes of Italy etc restart things

I said we aren't going to have a relaxation of measures without consequences. It will be a numbers game and how many deaths the public will except. When they relax a few of the regulations it will be small stuff like coffee shops, DIY stores etc..but the thought of say horse racing, GAA, football being played with crowds etc..need to be put aside until the vaccine is available.

Look it's an awful place to be in for every government on the planet and iv'e pity for them all bar the Chinese who are 100% responsible for this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,296 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Well thats an indictment of the society we've created, full of people who fold at the first sign of adversity. I could undetstand one or two but there were at least 15 posters here last night moaning about how tough it is. You would really have to wonder what we would do in a real crisis where you were in danger no matter where you went or there was a lack of food.

But there isnt , so we deal with the situation we are now facing .I will put my hand up and say Yes it tough not to see grandchildren , its tough not being able to help out while their parents try to work online and mind babies .Its tough not being able to shop independently, it tough not going for walks on the beach with a picnic and a book . I am not folding, I am strong and can deal with it and I will do .But mY god I am allowed say its tough if I want to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

A couple of weeks ago a post like this would attract dozens of thanks, now it attracts dozens of posts disagreeing.

The penny is starting to drop, for all but the most fervent bedroom-dwellers, that a lockdown beyond the next few weeks, isn't sustainable.

Mea Culpa. Obviously I don't really want the poster to die horribly ffs. Despite him not giving a shít that hundreds of others might, and in fact calling for the relaxation of measures, something which will ensure they do in fact die a terrible death.

Mod: Please stop reporting this. The poster was carded.

Bio lab, wet market it matters not a jot now. The CCP actively covered this up and it has collapsed the world economy, will kill untold numbers of people and heap misery on the planet for god knows how long.

They must be brought to task on this and we all have a part to play going forward citizens and governments.

I hope you get it, and you’re left suffocating. As you’ve consistently rubbished all efforts to curtail this and protect the susceptible.

I see a lot of this from so called "liberals", same people are hoping Boris Johnson will die from it ... wtf is wrong with you ?

• Advertisement

Bio lab, wet market it matters not a jot now. The CCP actively covered this up and it has collapsed the world economy, will kill untold numbers of people and heap misery on the planet for god knows how long.

They must be brought to task on this and we all have a part to play going forward citizens and governments.

Yet, once this is over, people will be happy to buy from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Rvsmmnps wrote: »
    I'm sorry but it's a reality and I don't agree with it.
    Here in Norway they don't dare speak about suicide or any news related to it, weird for sure.

Your reality maybe.
    The reality of somebody with an ignorant and pitiful way of looking at what is essentially another public health emergency, you lack of understanding of it is stark.

Yet, once this is over, people will be happy to buy from China.

I wouldn't bet on that, certainly not as much as before .. .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Also ties in to that NYC doctor video , where he says the symptoms are more akin to high altitude sickness - patients being literally starved of oxygen

I'm not a medical person, but that Cameron Kyle-Sidell video certainly caught my attention.
    I wonder if there's been any feedback or corroboration from other doctors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I see a lot of this from so called "liberals", same people are hoping Boris Johnson will die from it ... wtf is wrong with you ?

I’m no liberal. Who mentioned Johnson?

The poster I quoted has repeatedly called for lifting of restrictions and hang the consequences. So, let him personally deal with the consequences is my hope.

Wtf is wrong with you?

You're constantly moaning about liberals but then comparing the Spanish police to the SS.

There's a meme for that.

Also the irony of you living in Spain and your constantly complaining about immigration.

Your at home with your kids and complaining about being stuck with them while trying to wotk, while there are people who haven't seen their kids and grandkids in weeks because of this

Seems being a moaning git is a requirement for not being a liberal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I’m no liberal. Who mentioned Johnson?

The poster I quoted has repeatedly called for lifting of restrictions and hang the consequences. So, let him personally deal with the consequences is my hope.

Wtf is wrong with you?

Wishing harm on someone else because of their posts?

Yeah, that's normal.

I don't agree with any of that posters posts and I'd say a lot of people don't see them now as they have put them on ignore.

You will see certain posters pop up on thread,throw in some ****e and not back it up at all.

Best is just to ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭Nermal

Well thats an indictment of the society we've created, full of people who fold at the first sign of adversity. I could undetstand one or two but there were at least 15 posters here last night moaning about how tough it is.

In this twisted view of the world, huddling in our homes is somehow standing up to adversity then, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

A war will be the most likely punishment. For all of us unfortunately. If America come out of this badly wounded, they will have itchy trigger fingers. I really hope I'm wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement