Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Did you open your own beak and say anything or just scurry off to the interweaving to have a moan?

As I could see them before i walked onto the bridge I went back the other way, I never got close enough to say anything ,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

easypazz wrote: »
    I suspect we may be too, considering we closed bars the day after Spain, we live on an Island, we have lower population density and our public transport in Dublin is not of the scale of other cities etc. etc.

The next few days will tell a lot.

always knew our sh1te public transport would come in handy one day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Christy42

The hatred of Boris and Trump!

Can you name the leader of Sweden without looking it up?
    UK and US policy tend to have a greater effect on Irish life than Swedish policy. I have more friends and family in the UK and US than Sweden. It is weird that some people think we shouldn't be able to talk about Trump and Boris here. If you wish to start talking about the Swedish leader and their response to this crisis then by all means. Please feel free

I would be willing to bet most people can't. However I have yet to see anyone defending Sweden's approach. If you wish to give out about them then feel free. From what I have seen most of the countries doctors, journalists already are.

I am simply confused as to how numbers have been that low for them. I mean I am hoping it works out for them but I don't see how it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Did you open your own beak and say anything or just scurry off to the interweaving to have a moan?

In the interest of dignity I held my tongue. I would have blown my top. They struck me as the type to argue the point which would have boiled my p*ss.

Social distancing meant it would have been irresponsible to get close enough to them to get their attention. Plus I don't know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

FVP3 wrote: »
    Whats odd is the fetish for Boris and Trump amongst Irish people. Its an online phenomenon.
    Not their fault, the irish media for 24 hours a day rants about them.

Pat Kenny was screaming on air this morning about how the corona virus thing was all Trumps fault, you could hear the spittle hitting the microphone.

He then went on to suck off Xi Jinping (or however the fuq who spell that fat winne the poo tossers name)

• Advertisement

People are such morons , one example went for a walk with my youngest daughter yesterday and there's a bridge across the lake in our park that's about 3 feet wide and about 20 feet long, There's a family da,ma and 3 kids stopped the middle of the bridge feeding the ducks leaving everyone single person to have to shimmy pass them basically touching them ,

There was 400 yards either side of the bridge to feed the ducks like WTF are they thinking ,

I hope you told them to rev up and fcuk off out of the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I would have shouted abuse at the fat c*nt to move ....

id have had no problem expressing myself if id got close enough but I went the other way,
    Oh and they weren't fat,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

holyhead wrote: »
    Just back from Aldi. The two b*tches ahead of me walked straight in. No use of hand sanitizer, no gloves or no masks.

Plenty of people don't wear masks and gloves and that is perfectly fine so long as they observe social distancing. If that concerns you then maybe think a little more deeply about your own actions and go shopping less often and at times which are less busy. How many times are you going to Aldi and doing other shopping trips every week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

In the interest of dignity I held my tongue. I would have blown my top. They struck me as the type to argue the point which would have boiled my p*ss.

Social distancing meant it would have been irresponsible to get close enough to them to get their attention. Plus I don't know them.

Good job !

• Advertisement

I hope you told them to rev up and fcuk off out of the way?

Nah I went the other way, I reckon if id have said anything id have got so annoyed id have thrown your man off the bridge ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Pat Kenny was screaming on air this morning about how the corona virus thing was all Trumps fault, you could hear the spittle hitting the microphone.

He then went on to suck off Xi Jinping (or however the fuq who spell that fat winne the poo tossers name)

Er, no. You may want to look up the term Fetish.

I'm talking about Irish people who hate any criticism of Trump or Johnson. Those are the weirdos.

Just back from Aldi. The two b*tches ahead of me walked straight in. No use of hand sanitizer, no gloves or no masks.

They may have used hand sanitizer as they left their car, you cannot know that. And there is no guidance requiring use of masks or gloves

Plenty of people don't wear masks and gloves and that is perfectly fine so long as they observe social distancing. If that concerns you then maybe think a little more deeply about your own actions and go shopping less often and at times which are less busy. How many times are you going to Aldi and doing other shopping trips every week?

How often I go is my own business! It was the lack of use of hand sanitiser is the point here!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

You can't control it - either tell them what you think of them there and then or forget it and let it go - it will do you no good to think about it after the fact, nor will it change anything.

Shopping sucks arse now, I used enjoy the wander through the weekly aisles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

He has to be the most biased presenter there is. I remember his interview with Mary Lou before the election you could hear the hate coming from him when he questioned her. He really lets his opinions be known.

You can't control it - either tell them what you think of them there and then or forget it and let it go - it will do you no good to think about it after the fact, nor will it change anything.

Shopping sucks arse now, I used enjoy the wander through the weekly aisles :(

Agreed the horse has bolted. Move on. Telling them what I thought would have been difficult with social distancing plus they didn't seem the classiest of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

From rte:
    Austria plans to reopen smaller shops from next week in its first step to loosen a lockdown that has slowed the spread of the coronavirus, as long as the public continue to observe the lockdown broadly, Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said.

Mr Kurz told a news conference that since Austria had acted earlier than most countries, that gave it the ability to reopen shops sooner as well.

If all goes well, it will reopen non-essential shops of less than 400 square metres and DIY shops on 14 April, followed by all shops and malls on 1 May, he said.

Just to add onto this, mass gatherings are still banned until June

We should do something similar. I think we still need to limit the number of people leaving home though. Otherwise you will get thousands flocking to hardware stores the first day they re-open like a herd as is typical with a lot of people. The key is to spread out shoppers evenly.

How often I go is my own business! It was the lack of use of hand sanitiser is the point here!

Exactly. It is your own business. So maybe you should start minding it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I would have shouted abuse at the fat c*nt to move ....

How do we know they were fat?

Is it just assumed, because they were inconsiderate they must also be chubsters? :p

I would have grabbed them by their fat k-ankles and flung them off the bridge head first... thereby claiming both the bridge AND the moral high ground. Good deed done for the day! :D

The amount of indignant cabin-fever "morons" (to use their own favourite word) on the cusp of vigilante action on these threads is growing daily I see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Why is there no discussion that Covid patients in UK ICU's break almost 3 to 1 male v female? This is in contrast to pneumonia where the past data shows a roughly 50/50 split by sex. (Page 4 table 1.).

No agenda here, just wondering why this is not been discussed.

https://www.icnarc.org/About/Latest-News/2020/04/04/Report-On-2249-Patients-Critically-Ill-With-Covid-19

Exactly. It is your own business. So maybe you should start minding it.

It is for everybody's benefit to use hand sanitiser at a time like this. This thing can transmit hence the social distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

We should be considering doing the same over the next few weeks. We are similar to them in a lot of ways. Relatively small population etc. When our measures really start to take effect we should follow a similar curve to them.

Plenty of people don't wear masks and gloves and that is perfectly fine so long as they observe social distancing.

Masks are to stop you spreading it to other people directly, and also indirectly through surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Masks are to stop you spreading it to other people directly, and also indirectly through surfaces.

The recent obsession with masks is entirely a social-media construct - I'd say 95% of people aren't wearing them, probably higher.

paddy19 wrote: »
    Why is there no discussion that Covid patients in UK ICU's break almost 3 to 1 male v female? This is in contrast to pneumonia where the past data shows a roughly 50/50 split by sex. (Page 4 table 1.).

https://www.icnarc.org/About/Latest-News/2020/04/04/Report-On-2249-Patients-Critically-Ill-With-Covid-19

Your a little behind the times Paddy it's been noticed in other countries such as China and Italy that more men are affected and numerous theories abound in the threads. Common one appears to be more old men smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    We should be considering doing the same over the next few weeks. We are similar to them in a lot of ways. Relatively small population etc. When our measures really start to take effect we should follow a similar curve to them.

It'll be interesting to see how it works, would be a good template to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,433 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

paddy19 wrote: »
    Why is there no discussion that Covid patients in UK ICU's break almost 4 to 1 male v female? This is in contrast to pneumonia where the past data shows a roughly 50/50 split by sex. (Page 4 table 1.).

Its been discussed, no-one really knows.

People put it down to smoking when this discrepancy was noticed in China. (Chinese men all smoke, much fewer women do was the theory). This still applied to Italy and Spain albeit to a lesser extent.

There's also natural life expectancy at play. Women live longer and this virus attacks old people. So if one of your 90+ year-old parents/grandparents is still alive it's more likely to be the female ones. The male who would have got Covid already died of something else years ago.

This probably explains a few percent, but not the 4/1 ratio you refer to though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement