Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

threeball wrote: »
    Boris is on oxygen according to the latest reports

For all his faults, still wouldnt wish this virus on him.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

threeball wrote: »
    Boris is on oxygen according to the latest reports
    Is it stated whether he is is just on oxygen, or does it say he on a ventilator?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,367 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I'd imagine being on oxygen is not necessarily a bad thing though. A ventilator is a different thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

For all his faults, still wouldnt wish this virus on him.

why the F are people going on about not wishing this on him

he has it, you don't need to wish anything on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭threeball

bekker wrote: »
    Is it stated whether he is is just on oxygen, or does it say he on a ventilator?

It implies just oxygen but doesnt specify

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Cases in Russia increasing very quickly too,nearly 1000 more added this morning

Other non-European countries reporting large increases yesterday and today
    Japan +500 yesterday, Brazil +900, India, +700, Canada +1600, Pakistan +340, Israel +600, Peru +535, Turkey +3130, Phillippines +415

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Rvsmmnps

Italy saw this. And now NYC are seeing it.

There was an Italian doctor who said that 80% of patients who end up on ventilators do not survive. Too far gone. And then there’s the NYC doctor who’s saying that ventilated patients are showing symptoms of “high altitude sickness” - literally being starved of oxygen.

So 60 percent of people will get this virus.
    85 percent of that 60 percent won't need icu or help with breathing.
    Vast majority of that 60 percent will be very old.
    The majority of that 60 percent will have mild symptoms.

Has anyone found the seasonal flu stats for this winter in Italy yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

why the F are people going on about not wishing this on him

he has it, you don't need to wish anything on him

You know...contrary to some opinions on this thread people are nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

wakka12 wrote: »
    Cases in Russia increasing very quickly too,nearly 1000 more added this morning
    A friend of mine in Russia (usual hearsay caveat) said Moscow is stricken with "something else" with very similar symptoms.. I haven't found any links because I didn't look very hard and I don't speak Russian, so I wouldn't stand over it, but it wouldn't surprise me if some sort of cover-up/fudging came to light in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

Rvsmmnps wrote: »

What has the seasonal flu got to do with this? We're still arguably at the beginning of the pandemic and while we can only go on information we currently have, comparing it to the seasonal flu does absolutely nothing in determining what it'll be like at the end of the year.

All those percentages are estimates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

pc7 wrote: »
    Because you don’t remove it until you can wash your hands first and remove it safely.

You should remove the gloves then remove the mask and then wash your hands

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-tiger-at-new-yorks-bronx-zoo-tests-positive-for-covid-19-11969090

A tiger in a zoo in NYC has tested positive for coronavirus, and is also displaying symptoms such as a dry cough. 3 other lions are also displaying symptoms of the coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Germany are not including underlying health conditions in their official death toll, which is rather dishonest.

The Robert-Koch-Institute counts all deaths that were Covid-19 positive.
    Some cities however count only the cases of death that resulted from Covid-19, not where other factors (last stage cancer etc) were the cause. They carry out a post-mortem to establish the exact cause of death. The question is, would the patient have survived the Covid-19 infection with no other health issues, or was the infection the reason for the death?
    Every country seems to have their own way of recording Covid-19 deaths.

Do you think the way of counting the death toll by establishing the real reason for the death is rather dishonest?
    I personally think it’s more accurate...

Curve successfuly flattened in Norway and Austria who today reported just 73 and 58 new cases each

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

They had to send swabs to Germany. Of course, numbers would look good now.

It's already been stated numerous times that those results started coming back on Friday.

Don't let that get in the way of your misery peddling though

circadian wrote: »
    What has the seasonal flu got to do with this? We're still arguably at the beginning of the pandemic and while we can only go on information we currently have, comparing it to the seasonal flu does absolutely nothing in determining what it'll be like at the end of the year.

All those percentages are estimates.

Stats are being fudged. Look at the causes of death and previous ailments each patient had.See post from Hungary where they detailed causes of death.
    The seasonal flu stats for winter 16 in Italy were horrifying 25k dead.What I want to see is flu stats and covid 19 stats separated and being recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

NDWC wrote: »
    It's already been stated numerous times that those results started coming back on Friday.

I know someone who got tested after having been in contact with a confirmed case and has been waiting 2 weeks for a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

petes wrote: »
    You know...contrary to some opinions on this thread people are nice.

why do people need to broadcast that they wouldn't wish it on him

some people are laughing that he got it

considering it what he has done you can hardly blame them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Some transparent information.

Anything from this current Hungarian regime needs to be taken with a massive dose of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Your post appears to be comprised of assertions and false assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I know someone who got tested after having been in contact with a confirmed case and has been waiting 2 weeks for a result.
    That would leave them clear of it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

NDWC wrote: »

Started coming back on Friday. Have we all the results back yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Im hearing from a source that even more stricter and draconian lockdown coming later this week.

2km zone for walking etc will be withdrawn for starters.

Started coming back on Friday. Have we all the results back yet?
    2000 a day. It sounds like it will continue in tandem with everything else they plan to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Im hearing from a source that even more stricter and draconian lockdown coming later this week.

LOL I'm hearing from my source that pubs will have a surprise reopening for the bank holiday weekend.

Whatsapp again? NEPHT/DoH/HSE or the government are the only sources you should be quoting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

LOL I'm hearing from my source that pubs will have a surprise reopening for the bank holiday weekend.

LOL. I'd say that's BS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement