Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Allinall wrote: »
    It’s what he says that counts. Not how it is said.

Is it the dublin accent upsetting you?

No. Not at all. I agree but I just think his communication skills could do with some improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Azatadine wrote: »
    Terrible speaker for someone in such a high position.
    Had to switch off. Could barely hear him and the accent would give a Panadol a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Allinall

Lundstram wrote: »
    Had to switch off. Could barely hear him and the accent would give a Panadol a headache.

They’ll miss you something terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Selfish people do not care.

No doubt she'll describe her self as no nonsense, which is often a giveaway the person is a muppet in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

So hold on basically 20% of PPE isn't fit for use but they will use it anyway or did i get that wrong ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Lundstram wrote: »
    Had to crank up the volume but he's fine, accent and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

yeah that matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Why is the presser in a warehouse? More spin and bluster. “Look at all the supplies we have”. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

I would imagine his qualifications such as his MBA and BA got him the position rather than his ability to speak at a live conference.

Why is the presser in a warehouse? More spin and bluster. “Look at all the supplies we have”. Ffs.

Yeah.

They should have held it in the Phoenix Park.

Ffs

• Advertisement

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    So hold on basically 20% of PPE isn't fit for use but they will use it anyway or did i get that wrong ?

Will be used for other roles where appropriate I think.

Surprised nobody has asked will they get a 20% refund or a 20% bump on the order!

In this batch there is a proportion, but has been addressed for future batches with manufacturer. Cormican will explain in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

GM228 wrote: »
    I would imagine his qualifications such as his MBA and BA got him the position rather than his ability to speak at a live conference.

Be that as it may, he should be better able to communicate his message to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

They should of held it in the pub!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

The cynic in me also thinks that western governments, having invested so much in all those 'Big Brother' CCTV cameras and facial recognition software, are not so keen on people wearing masks in public. ;)

If anything China and some other far eastern countries, like Singapore, have a much more surveillance orientated regime and CCTV everywhere yet face masks are more prevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Danzy wrote: »
    No doubt she'll describe her self as no nonsense, which is often a giveaway the person is a muppet in real life.

I think she sees this as an opportunity to do away with the brother

Allinall wrote: »
    Yeah.

They should have held it in the Phoenix Park.

Ffs

Why not have it in the same place they always have it? It’s a PR move. You’ll also notice that there’s no work going on while the press conference is going on.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Covid-19: Dept of Health reports 17 more deaths and 331 new cases confirmed.

That was yesterday.

It might be a bit obvious but all of this is preferable to the online speculation and conclusions about the HSE response.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Interesting that people are complaining about how this person speaks and his location. Cos like that's extremely important.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Don't think he said that, more like from next week.

Just summarised and said "next week", then "from this week", so I'm guessing some time between now and next Sunday but likely an imminent increase.

Why not have it in the same place they always have it? It’s a PR move. You’ll also notice that there’s no work going on while the press conference is going on.
    All about doing it remotely and Cormican will open a few boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Multipass wrote: »
    This is the demographic who are caring for elderly parents, so it makes sense that you’ll see them out in cars. Why are you looking anyway? Personally I’d love to stay out of supermarkets, but I have 4 people cocooning that I have to supply, and there is not an online slot to be had in any supermarket, not even click and collect. Nothing.

I'm the same, currently shopping for four households including my own, I get some strange looks wheeling my bulging trolley and have had to explain why I am buying multiples of some things like bread or milk.

Elderly and vulnerable being told to stay at home but not a hope of getting groceries delivered so someone has to make sure they can get essentials.

Reid isn’t 2 metres from the signer. Excellent example to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Not correct, as was said in previous threads and said by doctors in other threads, the majority of the PPE is fine for use and some is just not what irish healthcare staff would have been accustomed to. Such as more heavy duty suits etc.

Theres other healthcare settings non covid related where it could be put to use. I know what I've said to be true as I've a partner and family working in dublin hospitals.

People are getting too hung up on the PPE order, it was the first batch and issues with anything are being addressed. You'd swear 99% of it was unusable the way some people are going on.

is_that_so wrote: »
    All about doing it remotely and Cormican will open a few boxes.

So a PR puff piece.

Your tv is too small.

2 weeks ago it was in the hse office, last week in city west and it's where it is today. This isn't a new thing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Where you prefer it came from? An ICU ward?

• Advertisement

Yes they are. Its marked out on the floor, could be seen in the broad shot when he moved off for O'Connor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement