Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

mick987 wrote: »
    I said IF you have immunity you cannot pass it on.
    And I said "how do you think you know that"
    You seem to think this is self evident. I don't know if people who develop
    anti body resistance to a virus cannot transmit it to others. I'm wondering how you do know this? Can you not carry it on your clothing? your Person?

Can you still carry it in your Lungs? I don't know.

This is definitely going to become an issue in the coming months as people who had it and recovered are going to say "Oh, I don't need to stay 2 meters from you cos I'm Immune"

Plenty more who are already sure they already have had it with that "bad cough" they had last January are going to be sure they are immune.

We need to be careful about making assumptions about a virus that the top experts in this world freely admit they know very little about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Reati wrote: »
    Case progression is important go through, link below, so It's actually hard to say how he is actually doing but based on Wuhan, day 10 (the day he was hospitalized) is pretty much the turning point towards good or bad.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-covid19-day-by-day-symptoms-patients-2020-2

Billybonkers is telling us a 'fact' though. We'd like a source.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think it will depend on the how things are after Easter. But ballpark you are not far off.

We are not out of the woods yet, this week will tell us a lot, and the next big issue is how to let people get back to normal? It will have to be done piecemeal.

I would prefer it if they have a genuine communicated plan about how we are "decooning" ( sorry I know that is not a word). My biggest fear is that they have no structure to it and by August the country gets swamped, not good.
    Decooning sounds rather racist alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Billybonkers is telling us a 'fact' though. We'd like a source.

Of course but we all know where he is talking out of but for the sake of discussion I post the average case progression from Wuhan. Can't really be inferred to Boris though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Have some horrible nausea, headaches, cramps and fatigue since friday. No real breathing problems etc but I'm worried now.

Been coming and going and at times feel like puking. :(

Going to see can I get tested tomorrow.

I know those arent really symptoms of corona virus but I'm young and very fit so I worry about the percentage of infections who were asymptomatic or atypically symptomatic.

Hard to find info on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Boris not in a good way

RT isn't a source

• Registered Users Posts: 24,390 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

sweet_trip wrote: »
    Have some horrible nausea, headaches, cramps and fatigue since friday. No real breathing problems etc but I'm worried now.

I know those arent really symptoms of corona virus but I'm young and very fit so I worry about the percentage of infections who were asymptomatic or atypically symptomatic.

Hard to find info on it.

No fever, chest issues, coughing or sneezing.

You won't get tested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

lawred2 wrote: »

You won't get tested

Do people still not know the limited capacity we have to process tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

sweet_trip wrote: »

Hard to find info on it.
    WHO 20th Feb based on Wuhan data

fever (87.9%),
    dry cough (67.7%),
    fatigue (38.1%),
    sputum production (33.4%),
    shortness of breath (18.6%),
    sore throat (13.9%),
    headache (13.6%),
    myalgia or arthralgia (14.8%),
    chills (11.4%),
    nausea or vomiting (5.0%),
    nasal congestion (4.8%),
    diarrhea (3.7%),
    hemoptysis (0.9%),
    conjunctival congestion (0.8%)

If I were to get that cluster of symptoms I'd be on to my GP asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

You won't get tested

But should she self isolate with them symptoms?

What's the poster is describing sounds like the monthly problems for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

You can’t shut down the world forever so we will eventually get to a point where life must go on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

owlbethere wrote: »
    But should she self isolate with them symptoms?

What's the poster is describing sounds like the monthly problems for me.

No they should phone their doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

Talisman wrote: »
    I got the BCG vaccine while in Cork around 1984/5. My sister and brother are both younger and they got it when they were in 5th/6th class. My brother says he got it in 1993 and still has the lumps on his arm.

From my recollection the BCG was opt-in, there were three boys in my class that didn't even get the screening test. My mother lost three siblings to TB so she was adamant that we were getting it.

The vaccine was discontinued from 1972 to 2008 for children in Cork city and North Cork and some other parts of Cork too. Children in the South and West of Cork received the vaccine at ages 10-12.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/tb-rate-in-parts-of-cork-three-times-that-of-other-areas-926113.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Reati wrote: »
    Case progression is important go through, link below, so It's actually hard to say how he is actually doing. Based on Wuhan, day 10 (the day he was hospitalized) is pretty much the turning point towards good or bad towards ICU. Given he didn't need hospital till day 10, I'd doubt he is in a bad way right now.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-covid19-day-by-day-symptoms-patients-2020-2

It does appear he has a lot more than mild symptoms though.

Not seen in public in 96 hours

Requires oxygen

Has not spoken to Raab since Saturday.

Kept in a second night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

holyhead wrote: »
    I wonder are we starting to turn the corner in Europe with daily death rates falling in the worst affected countries? Here's hoping!

Sounds like it's turning the corner alright?
    Will probably take many months though before (if) we ever return to normal. Many casualties along the way from human deaths to businesses folding, to God knows what.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Gael23 wrote: »
    You can’t shut down the world forever so we will eventually get to a point where life must go on

I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

One restriction that really is starting to bother me is the funeral restriction. There was somebody who died locally that would have been very popular in the community. In their mid 40s and local people are devastated.

I just think its devastating that the family will go through this alone. There should be a relaxing of restrictions even for the graveyard. Allow people to gather while maintaining social distancing. It's too important to Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Someone in the hospital he is in

Some people seem to be confusing getting tested with getting treatment.

If you believe you have symptoms get help and follow the instructions given to you.

If you test positive for Covid-19 a helicopter doesn't arrive in your garden to whisk you to an ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

You won't get tested

Do you know what symptoms you need to have get tested now? My husband has a dry cough, intermittent fever, body aches, no chest issues though right now. I was under the impression that they are only testing those who would be considered vulnerable/health care worker/those in contact with a confirmed case right now.
    He hasn't been in touch with a Dr, obviously he is self isolating though just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Lolle06 wrote: »
    Scientists used to think it was effective for 10 - 15 yrs after vaccination, but noticed in some cases it was effective up to 20 yrs.

BCG was given to infants in Ireland after birth until spring 2015 when the HSE experienced issues with supply of the vaccine. It was dropped from the childhood immunization schedule after.

Is is listed as being on the vaccination schedule at present

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Someone in the hospital he is in

If your going to write in this forum suggesting the prime minister if the UK is seriously unwell. You could write a little more maybe explain what you know and what your source is.

speckle wrote: »
    One amazing woman. We as a country owe her alot for helping eradicate TB whether or not the vacination helps with reducing covid symptoms.

Absolutely incredible person!

Boris not in a good way

Why do you say this? I hope he makes a full recovery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Do you know what symptoms you need to have get tested now? My husband has a dry cough, intermittent fever, body aches, no chest issues though right now. I was under the impression that they are only testing those who would be considered vulnerable/health care worker/those in contact with a confirmed case right now.
    He hasn't been in touch with a Dr, obviously he is self isolating though just in case.

He would be a candidate for testing. Get in touch with your GP and be really careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Just phone his GP for goodness sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

I see we are doing good comparatively. I hope people continue to observe lock-down and social isolation is formalized until we find a vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

frillyleaf wrote: »
    Is is listed as being on the vaccination schedule at present

BCG is not on the immunisation schedule for newborns. Hasn't been since April 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Italy continuing to improve, now under 43% for 4th successive day, hopefully into a 41-42 box tomorrow or Wednesday.

Deaths/resolved 15,887/37702 = 42.14%.

John Hopkins University 19:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    One restriction that really is starting to bother me is the funeral restriction. There was somebody who died locally that would have been very popular in the community. In their mid 40s and local people are devastated.

I just think its devastating that the family will go through this alone. There should be a relaxing of restrictions even for the graveyard. Allow people to gather while maintaining social distancing. It's too important to Irish people.

No there should not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement