Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Jaysus. Don't like the man at all but hope he pulls through.

I dont like his politics but he's a quiet likeable personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Holy sh1t Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Jesus if Boris doesn’t pull through that’s absolutely terrifying he would be getting the best of care

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭screamer

tuxy wrote: »
    Sky now say he was put on a ventilator shortly after 7pm

Holy ****, it shows how fast people deteriorate with it. Awful altogether. I also have no time for him as a politician but as a person one can only wish him the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Very scary about Boris. He seemed to be managing well. Hope he pulls through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Jesus poor Boris, this news has really upset me

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

Sweet mother of god. Boris gone into ICU.

The Russian media from last night may have been right all along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Jesus if Boris doesn’t pull through that’s absolutely terrifying he would be getting the best of care

The best care but he was deliberately shaking hands and in close contact with many with COVID-19.
    High initial viral loads can determine the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

He's not on a ventilator, maybe he's just getting extra secure treatment in case, he is the PM after all, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

frillyleaf wrote: »
    I think they wanted to give it to high risk kids but were unable to source any.
    Not sure if you can obtain it privately. Doing more research as we speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Cmon Boris old bean! Rooting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭threeball

The fact that hes had it so long and its progressively getting worse is a bad sign. Its almost a textbook bad outcome case. I really hope he pulls through as hes a bit of a character and it would be desperately sorry to see another death. This will send shockwaves round the world.

Forget the politics - this is a massive blow to British morale. He won a thumping victory in the last election. And is genuinely well liked by the average Brit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Must say the news about Boris has rattled me, bringing the seriousness of this close to home.

Dominic Rabb now in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Billybonkers is telling us a 'fact' though. We'd like a source.

I gave you my source and now it's confirmed. Wish him the best of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

That's very rough. I hope he recovers.
    To be honest I don't follow day to day politics so do not know much about Boris Johnson. Still I cannot understand the pure hatred that has become so prevalent among ordinary people towards political figures, especially since the present ones do not seem to have done all that much different than the previous ones.

It is poignant and significant that the Prime Minister of our nearest neighbour seems to be very unwell from this damnable disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Naggdefy wrote: »
    People are dying outside ICU.

I don’t think anyone suggested otherwise? However, ICU numbers are a very good indication of ‘real’ numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

He's not on a ventilator, maybe he's just getting extra secure treatment in case, he is the PM after all, fingers crossed

Yes, I misheard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Might be a fan of his political agenda, but dear god I hope he pulls through.

He has a family on the way and is a human being.

Rooting for him now.

• Advertisement

Dominic Rabb now in charge.

Not really. He’s a caretaker until the Cabinet appoint a new Prime Minister.

It’s not an American style presidential system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭threeball

i thought it was unusual earlier when they annouced Raab was now effectively leader. They didn't do that over the last 10days he had been sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I hope you have your fingers crossed for everyone in icu and not just a leader of a country that you’ve never met before ! Jesus

Boris not in a good way

Nice to see all those scoffing at this nugget of breaking news lining up to apologise now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sky New have said it several times. If you can watch live then you can hear this update.
    Sky news saying he is not on a ventilator but in ICU so has easy access to one of necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

jesus christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

The best care but he was deliberately shaking hands and in close contact with many with COVID-19.
    High initial viral loads can determine the outcome.

Unfortunate but could be a Darwin award

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I could never understand the uk 7 day from symtoms thingy. I hope they increase it to 14.
    plus the extra days symtom free from fever etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭CFlat

Mr.S wrote: »
    Link / source? None of the online articles say that.

C4 news categorically said he was not on a ventilator.

• Advertisement

Let’s be honest here - ICU means some sort of breathing assistance. And we know from Italian and Spanish stats that the chances of survival are 50/50 at best.

This ain’t good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement