Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Sky news saying he is not on a ventilator but in ICU so has easy access to one of necessary.

Sorry my mistake, I misheard. He's not on a ventilator

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

speckle wrote: »
    I could never understand the uk 7 day from symtoms thingy. I hope they increase it to 14.
    7 days rest is probably what they advised. He worked continuously.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Let’s be honest here - ICU means some sort of breathing assistance. And we know from Italian and Spanish stats that the chances of survival are 50/50 at best.

This ain’t good.

They've said he's not on a ventilator and is concious.

Not really. He’s a caretaker until the Cabinet appoint a new Prime Minister.

It’s not an American style presidential system.

Ok. Let me put it another way. Dominic Rabb is deputising for Boris Johnson while he’s in ICU.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Let’s be honest here - ICU means some sort of breathing assistance. And we know from Italian and Spanish stats that the chances of survival are 50/50 at best.

This ain’t good.

Are the stats really that low once u are in icu 😨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think if you read between the lines around the timeline events since Saturday, it must be extremely serious. Sky still spinning it a bit more positively than I suspect it really is.

Best of luck Boris.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

tuxy wrote: »
    Sky now say he was put on a ventilator shortly after 7pm

Just watched an update on sky now, didn't say he was on a ventilator.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

This ain’t good.

No it doesn’t . Not all ICU patients are ventilated .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Come on boris let’s pull through this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,515 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

This ain’t good.

Presumably he would be more robust than most who get to this stage but still he's not in a good place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    If your going to write in this forum suggesting the prime minister if the UK is seriously unwell. You could write a little more maybe explain what you know and what your source is.

That's exactly what I heard he was not in a good way. Sorry I didn't have more for you. The person who told me is incredibly busy in the Frontline over there

He's not on a ventilator apparently too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Sad news to hear about Boris. I hope he pulls through.

Macdarack wrote: »
    Just watched an update on sky now, didn't say he was on a ventilator.
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    No it doesn’t . Not all ICU patients are ventilated .

Correct, I misheard.
    He is in ICU just in case he needs a ventilator.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

Italy was reporting 60/40. ( 40% survival ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭maebee

Shocking news. I'm not a fan of his politics but I hope he pulls through. If anything good is to come out of this, it might wake up those who have been disregarding the guidelines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I don't care what anyone thinks of the man or his politics but this could deal a serious blow to British morale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Scary :(

Is that survival rates for those in ICU or those on a ventilator?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    Borris is in ICU. Sky news.

Wish Boris the best, wouldn't wish this horrid illness on anyone

Has Boris any other illnesses?

speckle wrote: »
    I could never understand the uk 7 day from symtoms thingy. I hope they increase it to 14.
    plus the extra days symtom free from fever etc

here's the rules
    How long to self-isolate
    If you have symptoms
    If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you'll need to self-isolate for 7 days.

After 7 days:

if you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to self-isolate
    if you still have a high temperature, keep self-isolating until your temperature returns to normal
    You do not need to self-isolate if you just have a cough after 7 days. A cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone.

If you live with someone who has symptoms
    If you live with someone who has symptoms, you'll need to self-isolate for 14 days from the day their symptoms started. This is because it can take 14 days for symptoms to appear.

If more than 1 person at home has symptoms, self-isolate for 14 days from the day the first person started having symptoms.

If you get symptoms, self-isolate for 7 days from when your symptoms start, even if it means you're self-isolating for longer than 14 days.

If you do not get symptoms, you can stop self-isolating after 14 days.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I think if you read between the lines around the timeline events since Saturday, it must be extremely serious. Sky still spinning it a bit more positively than I suspect it really is.

Best of luck Boris.

British media are seriously downplaying it. Public morale and all that. They really are on a “wartime” footing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭screamer

If you are ventilated, you have a 20% chance of survival. We’re being told that he’s not on a ventilator, so hopefully his chances are better. The long term damage from covid19 is pretty bad for people who survive a bad case of it.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wish Boris the best, wouldn't wish this horrid illness on anyone

Has Boris any other illnesses?

No underlying conditions that I am aware of. None of the media in the past days that I've read have claimed he has any other health problems

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Nice to see all those scoffing at this nugget of breaking news lining up to apologise now.

I do have to apologise. To be fair they're has been a lot of false nuggets. You can see why people a sceptical of one line pieces of news with no source.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

British media are seriously downplaying it. Public morale and all that. They really are on a “wartime” footing.
    Stiff Upper Lip and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

MipMap wrote: »
    Boris now in ICU
    BBC News

****, **** & ****, I really like Boris, such a breath of fresh air from his robotic predecessor, and now this. Yes I hear many people cry, but we hate his politics, well that's fine, but on a human level he's one of us, just a normal man in his mid fifties.

Really hope he pulls through alright.

screamer wrote: »
    If you are ventilated, you have a 20% chance of survival. We’re being told that he’s not on a ventilator, so hopefully his chances are better. The long term damage from covid19 is pretty bad for people who survive a bad case of it.

That was the Italian stat I came across. 80% death rate if on ventilators. Doctors had to play God. Horrific stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

tuxy wrote: »
    No underlying conditions that I am aware of. None of the media in the past days that I've read have claimed he has any other health problems

Bit overweight.

Which has killed many who got the disease.

Although he is not on a ventilator I would assume he is having some trouble breathing if he has been moved to ICU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Are they?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement