Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed up rot

Options
  • 04-04-2020 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,
    I cut down some leylandii trees last summer. We dumped all of the cuttings into a huge pile on our land. All of the branches have started to dry out, so will break if you stand on them. I know eventually they'll break down, but was wondering if there's a way to hurry this up? About 12 trees worth, so it's a fairly big pile.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,071 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Rent a wood chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Warm it up. Black plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lumen wrote:
    Rent a wood chipper.

Second this, only way of getting rid of such a rotten tree

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if they branches are not cut, they'll dry as you say, and that will significantly slow the rotting process.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Bigoldhouse

Thanks all. Chipper it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

I burnt mine, but that was a few years ago, before we started to become conscious of the downside of that process.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Bigoldhouse

I burnt mine, but that was a few years ago, before we started to become conscious of the downside of that process.

Too close to forests to even try that

Advertisement