Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook on pigsback

Options
2»

Comments

there was a deal going on a left-hand drive car in France last year but it's gone now.

glasso wrote: »
    there was a deal going on a left-hand drive car in France last year but it's gone now.

This is a reply to the Spanish laptop I found in 30 seconds I presume? You've chosen to focus on that and ignore my most recent reply (and other replies since) because you can't come up with a good response I take it? And you're comparing buying a product that would be ridiculously impractical to use in Ireland to a laptop that still uses a QWERTY layout with one or two minor differences? That is what your argument has now boiled down to?

I've no idea what you're on about at this point really.

my suggestion would be to go for a walk.

I've posted the matebook d as a possible option for the OP, you're just interested in try to have the last word in what is at this stage a truly pointless exercise

I've no idea what you're on about at this stage really.

my suggestion would be to go for a walk.

I would but the best view in my town is over 2km away.:pac:

You know what I'm talking about. You've used a terrible analogy of a car that cannot be made suitable to work in Ireland to a laptop that can be made to have the same keyboard layout as an Irish keyboard with one or two stickers if necessary. You made no point with your analogy.
    I've posted the matebook d as a possible option for the OP, you're just interested in try to have the last word in what is at this stage a truly pointless exercise

You're just interested in not been seen as having made an incorrect statement. I have made no reference to what the OP wants or needs, I have only referenced your statement, and you could have easily just replied with "ah fair enough" when I provided an example that went against your statement.

jesus wept

• Advertisement

Ah, the reply of a man who knows he's wrong but doesn't want to admit it. It's fine, it's the internet, I get it.

I remember I read someone on Boards say something like "Boards.ie is a disccusion forum full of people who are afraid of discussions", and I finally get what he meant. :p

no. I made my points and just don't have the inclination to go any further with this pointlessness.

mad suggestion - why not try doing something semi-useful and actually helping the OP maybe instead of this rubbish?

no. I made my points and just don't have the inclination to go any further with this pointlessness.

mad suggestion - why not try doing something semi-useful and actually helping the OP maybe instead of this rubbish?

But you did have the inclination, you were quite happy to do it up until you realised that you made a terrible analogy and can't come up with a counter-argument as to why it's good analogy. It's the "I'll continue debating unless a good point is made that requires me to stop and think" line that many people take, and it's fine. I do it a lot too, even on Boards. :) And you were making arguments that were not relevant to the OP too before I entered the thread in case you have forgotten.

And yes, I could go to e.g. Amazon, tick some filter boxes, sort from low price to high and paste the first link like you have done, but I prefer to assume OP knows how to do that and instead spend my time being a bit more constructive.

However, if OP returns to the thread stating that they still need assistance, then I will of course help as I (as well as you) have done many times in the past. :)

sorry, life is actually too short.

unreal

It's ok man, debating is tough for some. :pac:

But as someone who has twice as many posts as me in the same timeframe, I would question your own statement about the shortness of life. :p

• Advertisement

It's ok man, debating is tough for some. :pac:

But as someone who has twice as many posts as me in the same timeframe, I would question your own statement about the shortness of life. :p

please -> you're just embarrassing yourself now

Nah, I've made solid points that you can't counter. You're not just not used to 1)being shown to be wrong or 2) a constructive debate.

You'll still want to get the last word in of course though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

For starters- its the bargain alerts forum- there are other forums where people can request opinions on specs etc- in the OP's case I'd suggest they'd get more pertinent information in the laptop forum.

Secondly- people must be seriously suffering cabin fever- the squabbling here doesn't achieve anything whatsoever.

OP- my Dad (in his 70s) has one of those laptops and is frustrated by it- particularly after he has used it for some very basic stuff over the last 2 weeks (like Zoom video calls- nothing particularly strenuous). He is going into Sligo to buy a 'proper laptop' as soon as he is out of cocooning.

Its cheap- because its ancient- it does work- but just because something works doesn't mean its good value at any price. My Dad is donating his one to Camara for distribution in Kenya (once hes bought a replacement).

Advertisement