Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

A criminal investigation needs to be started after Trump loses.
    His admin deliberately downplayed, obstructed healthcare mitigation efforts and politicized the pandemic with the result in the worst death rate in the World.
    This in a country that spends more per head on healthcare then any other country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

flynnlives wrote: »
    A criminal investigation needs to be started after Trump loses.
    His admin deliberately downplayed, obstructed healthcare mitigation efforts and politicized the pandemic with the result in the worst death rate in the World.
    This in a country that spends more per head on healthcare then any other country.

They don't have the worst death rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Its true!

530997.png

I mean seriously..CRAZIER every day! This was a press release from the whitehouse yesterday

Full story if interested
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-coronavirus-white-house-science-office-pandemic-ended-covid-cases-b1387794.html

Nothing surprises me about the Trump administration anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Fake News

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Fake News

The Whitehouse would not lie 😆😆😆

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The White House Scientific Advisor got it wrong in the film Armageddon too.

Remember how that worked out? Bruce Willis died goddamnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,236 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Don is on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Trump doesn't give a **** anymore because he has had it, had a team of doctors looking after him and the use of an experimental drug no-one else can get.

Because it's always about him, he thinks this is over now. He's had it, time for everyone to move on and stop talking about Covid.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Its true!

530997.png

I mean seriously..CRAZIER every day! This was a press release from the whitehouse yesterday

Full story if interested
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-coronavirus-white-house-science-office-pandemic-ended-covid-cases-b1387794.html
    Do we reckon they're purposely lying about ending the pandemic or are they just being incorrect???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Christy42

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Do we reckon they're purposely lying about ending the pandemic or are they just being incorrect???

Well they also haven't turned a corner in the pandemic so all things point to lying.

Seriously though they out this in the achievements section and just backed down when caught. They were flat out lying. There is nothing they could have said with regards covid that would bean achievement for this regime. It was intentional.

Just through enough lies out there and see what they get called out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Cases where I am are rising again but interestingly, hospitalisations are not increasing in proportion and the need for ICU care and ventilators is continuing to decline. Our hospitals are looking good so far, hopefully it continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Cases where I am are rising again but interestingly, hospitalisations are not increasing in proportion and the need for ICU care and ventilators is continuing to decline. Our hospitals are looking good so far, hopefully it continues.

Yep with cases rising all you can do is hope now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I would think there’s a few reasons for this, younger people are getting it which is helping reduce hospitalisation, testing and tracing is better which increases the amount of cases found as this shows up people who might otherwise have not known and the care is better as the medical world know more about it. The amount of deaths from it is reasonably flat though which ultimately shows that it’s still killing as many as it was despite all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,579 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So hospitalisations are increasing just at a lower rate than the rate of increase in infections?

If the lower age of the people being infected is true, then hospitalisations should be reduced given that many in the lower age groups have few symtoms.

If infection rates keep rising, hospitalisations numbers will keep rising and eventually it will not be looking good.
    This should be a cause of concern for you, not a source of hope.

Leroy42 wrote: »

If the lower age of the people being infected is true, then hospitalisations should be reduced given that many in the lower age groups have few symtoms.

Just on this, the total number of cases is still going up so more vulnerable people will be getting it but as a percentage of the cases they will be lower if more young people are getting it but It still Means more people are being hospitalised.

The young people getting it aren’t at much risk line of thinking also needs to be halted because while it on its own might be true those younger people are in contact with people outside their demographic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

236,000 dead, 80,000 news cases a day, and the likelihood of running out of everything in the next month - Medics, beds, PPE.

Did anyone else see the Totally Under Control documentary on BBC Two last night? Like a bad dream.

Ben Carson has tested positive for coronavirus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,226 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 23,643 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

189 new deaths in Illinois today. Cases have been really surging in that state the last couple of weeks.

This coming week could easily see deaths approach 2,000 daily in the US.

The incompetent in the WH doesn't care of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,643 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Hospitalisations on the way back up in New York

EnDMi6sVoAIsUkJ?format=png&name=large

Also nationally probably the highest death toll today for some time by the end of the day.

1,200 so far. States in the upper mid-west in particular getting hit hard atm.

New York City has decided to shut its schools today, to try to stop the renewed spread of the virus. More than a quarter of a million people have died in the US from Covid 19, the highest death toll of any country in the world
    @VirginMediaNews

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A director of health in a Missouri county has stepped down because of the abuse they're getting trying to track and trace...
    “We hired 10 contact tracers to track the spread, starting in August, but the real problem we keep running into is community cooperation. We call everyone that’s had a positive test and say, ‘Hey, this is your local health department. We’re trying to interrupt disease transmission, and we’d love your help.’ It’s nothing new,” Amber Elliott, health director in St. Francois County, wrote in an op-ed for The Washington Post.

“We do the same thing for measles, mumps, and tick-borne diseases, and I’d say 99 percent of the time before COVID, people were receptive. They wanted to stop an outbreak, but now it’s all politicized.”

Elliott added, “Every time you get on the phone, you’re hoping you don’t get cussed at. Probably half of the people we call are skeptical or combative. They refuse to talk. They deny their own positive test results. They hang up. They say they’re going to hire a lawyer. They give you fake people they’ve spent time with and fake numbers. They lie and tell you they’re quarantining alone at home, but then in the background you can hear the beeping of a scanner at Walmart.”

Elliott observed, “I’ve stayed up a lot of nights trying to understand where this whole disconnect comes from. I love living in this county. I know in my heart these are good people, but it’s like we’re living on different planets.

I have people in my own family who believe COVID is a conspiracy and our doctors are getting paid off. I’ve done press conferences and dozens of Facebook Live videos to talk about the real science.

Even with all the other failures happening, that’s the one thing we should be celebrating: better treatments, nurses and doctors on the front lines, promising news about vaccines. But the more I talk about the facts, the more it seems to put a target on my back.”

The statistics are “scary bad,” Elliott shared. “I go off of facts and evidence-based science, and right now, all the data in Missouri is scary bad. We only have about 70,000 people in St. Francois County, but we’ve had more than 900 new cases in the last few weeks. Our positivity rate is 25 percent and rising. The hospital is already at capacity.”

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/11/19/missouri-health-director-quits-over-harassment-for-telling-the-truth-about-pandemic.html?fbclid=IwAR1SaY9hfRDjx9_lv8123ELNZ0t4IHRveClXQPsrrT8faqtq7t_E_VpIky8

It's no wonder it's spread so much. It sounds awful working with it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Really going for it, they'll reach 2000 dead a day if they keep up the effort :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Really going for it, they'll reach 2000 dead a day if they keep up the effort :rolleyes:

2121 dead in Us today
    5,350 odd dead in Europe today

265,800 deaths in Us total
    330,000 deaths in Europe total

Belgium
    Peru
    Spain
    Italy
    Uk
    Argentina
    Higher death toll per million of population than United states

2121 dead in Us today

Belgium
    Peru
    Spain
    Italy
    Uk
    Argentina

Odd you posted countries doing worse than America, why not the very long list of countries doing better?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,579 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

2121 dead in Us today

Belgium
    Peru
    Spain
    Italy
    Uk
    Argentina

What do you intend with the above post?

I assume it is to point out that other areas and countries are also suffering, which I assume is in order to point out that Trumps American is not the worst in the world.

Is that a correct reading of the point of the post?

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    What do you intend with the above post?

I assume it is to point out that other areas and countries are also suffering, which I assume is in order to point out that Trumps American is not the worst in the world.

Is that a correct reading of the point of the post?

Not the worst,
    Make America not Quite the Worst.

Advertisement