Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,871 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Can't seem to find it, I've probably way over estimated, 5% maybe?

As of March 23rd Texas had administered 9 million doses. They had started in mid December.
    They had 2.9 million detected cases.

The started opening up from March 10th although many private businesses, shops and workplaces retained restrictions.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

odyssey06 wrote: »
    As of March 23rd Texas had administered 9 million doses. They had started in mid December.
    They had 2.9 million detected cases.

The started opening up from March 10th although many private businesses, shops and workplaces retained restrictions.

There was less than 2 million fully vaccinated on March the 2nd. We're ahead of that percentage now.
    We've way under caught cases as well I'd assume.

Many kept the mandates even though they were abondened, how many are you talking about? I know the airports held some.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

There was less than 2 million fully vaccinated on March the 2nd. We're ahead of that percentage now.
    We've way under caught cases as well I'd assume.

Many kept the mandates even though they were abondened, how many are you talking about? I know the airports held some.

I wouldn't bother...we can see for ourselves the impact the lack of restrictions have had on Florida since last Sept, long before a vaccine was approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So you use a single day's data to suit you, and then "back then" when it suits you.

All this shows is that the vaccines are working. It's great news and encouraging for the rest of that country and the world

No I’m not using it to suit anything, all I’m saying is when Texas opened up and dropped the masks 3 months ago you would have thought based on what we’re told that another wave was inevitable.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Marty Bird wrote: »
    No I’m not using it to suit anything, all I’m saying is when Texas opened up and dropped the masks 3 months ago you would have thought based on what we’re told that another wave was inevitable.

WE are told the science suggests that the virus needs humans to have contact for it to transmit...hence the severe restrictions....it's not that simple, clearly.

They've had packed stadiums in Texas over the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Marty Bird wrote: »

They didnt drop masks 3 months ago.
    People are confusing announcement v actual opening up.

Between the vaccinations, high level of previous infections and the voluntary restrictions still in force they might be able to keep a lid on it. Assuming no variants.

Clearly Covid knows better'n to mess with Texan's.

Nearly 3mts ago I said. The plan is laid out clearly.

https://twitter.com/GovAbbott/status/1366843339836977165?s=20

Nearly 3mts ago I said. The plan is laid out

Thats when the plan was laid out not when lifted.
    "Effective next Wednesday"

March 10th to May 16-17th isnt nearly three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Between the vaccinations, high level of previous infections and the voluntary restrictions still in force they might be able to keep a lid on it. Assuming no variants.

"Voluntary restrictions" lol. So when the place wasn't doing that good (but still, no worse than strictly lockdown states) it was all the dumb Republicans not following the restrictions. Now that they are doing not so bad all those people are suddenly voluntarily taking measures? If that fails to explain it you can always go with the old "governor is lying and hiding the numbers" conspiracy theory.

I know people who have been to Texas recently. From what they said, not many are wearing masks and everywhere is rammed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

And since then, the vaccine has had a great effect on lowering cases.

Sure you don't even know how many were vaccinated in March. You have no idea what you're on about

And since then, the vaccine has had a great effect on lowering cases.

Sure you don't even know how many were vaccinated in March. You have no idea what you're on about

I was correct with my guess. Figures are in the tweet, about 7% when they opened up.
    What % before we follow suit domestically?

I was correct with my guess. Figures are in the tweet, about 7% when they opened up.
    What % before we follow suit domestically?

7% of what?

7 million doses had been dispensed when they opened up. Rate of 1 million a week.
    2.5 million recovered from virus... potentially 4-5 times that number cited in the tweet, thats based on an american assessement of undetexted cases.
    The population of Texas is 29 million.

7% of what?

7 million doses had been dispensed when they opened up. Rate of 1 million a week.
    2.5 million recovered from virus... potentially 4-5 times that number cited in the tweet, thats based on an american assessement of undetexted cases.
    The population of Texas is 29 million.

7% vaccinated, we have a huge amount of undetected cases. You keep repeating yourself, not sure the point your making in relation to the post you quoted.

7% vaccinated, we have a huge amount of undetected cases. You keep repeating yourself, not sure the point your making in relation to the post you quoted.

Texas did not have 7 percent vaccinated on March 10th. They had 7 miilion doses dispensed.
    They might had had 7 percent with two doses but as we have seen first dose of vaccine is significant in breaking transmission and preventing hospitalisation.

We had far more resrtictions in 2020. Our level of undetected cases for 2020 would not be as high as Texas though and Texas had twice as many detected cases as here.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    "Voluntary restrictions" lol. So when the place wasn't doing that good (but still, no worse than strictly lockdown states) it was all the dumb Republicans not following the restrictions. Now that they are doing not so bad all those people are suddenly voluntarily taking measures? If that fails to explain it you can always go with the old "governor is lying and hiding the numbers" conspiracy theory.
    I know people who have been to Texas recently. From what they said, not many are wearing masks and everywhere is rammed.

If you want to be cartoonish about it then yeah the Republicans are dead or already exposed.
    And the Democrats are hunkered down for the vaccine.
    Seems to be a lot of Democrats in Texas.

7% vaccinated

Wrong!

25% of the state of Texas had received their vaccine by March 27th.

Add to this the 2.7 million (almost 10%) people who had been infected, thus having varying levels of immunisation.

As usual, you're talking absolute pony!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I wouldn't bother...we can see for ourselves the impact the lack of restrictions have had on Florida since last Sept, long before a vaccine was approved.

We can indeed ...

59xm9r.jpg

From September - the rate of infection rose and only started to decline in January as vaccination numbers increased...

And if you check a bit further back restrictions were first started to be removed in May ...

Wrong!

25% of the state of Texas had received their vaccine by March 27th.

Add to this the 2.7 million (almost 10%) people who had been infected, thus having varying levels of immunisation.

As usual, you're talking absolute pony!

Talking about twisting the narrative, when have I ever mentioned the 27th of March, if you read the executive order it was made on the 2nd of March that's the relevant date, that's where I'm getting the figure, read the order the vaccines administered are there in black and white.
    Pure spoofology trying to claim it was the 27th, cases were underestimated and many businesses kept the mandates after they were lifted.

Your trying to force the narrative they done it because of the high herd immunity due to under reporting and a high percentage of vaccines administered which simply isn't true.

Fauci couldn't explain Texas, he never tried to make out it was because of vaccines though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,070 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Texas is an interesting example alright, but so is Sweden.

They have more people vaccinated than we do, and many more with natural immunity from past infection, but around eight times the case rate although that's dropped from the peak around mid April

And they still have restrictions in place.

https://www.krisinformation.se/en/hazards-and-risks/disasters-and-incidents/2020/official-information-on-the-new-coronavirus/restriktioner-och-forbud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Florida and Texas had the highest number of reported cases yesterday.

Talking about twisting the narrative, when have I ever mentioned the 27th of March, if you read the executive order it was made on the 2nd of March that's the relevant date, that's where I'm getting the figure, read the order the vaccines administered are there in black and white.
    Pure spoofology trying to claim it was the 27th, cases were underestimated and many businesses kept the mandates after they were lifted.

The 2nd of March is irrelevent. That is the date the Governor announced the dates he would be lifting the restrictions.
    The executive order came into effect on 10th March.

Provide a source for your claim that only 7% of the Texas population had received a vaccine as of 10th March cos it appears to be something you just made up.
    They'd given out 7 million doses by that point and were operating at a rate of 1 million per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Lumen wrote: »
    Texas is an interesting example alright, but so is Sweden.

They have more people vaccinated than we do, and many more with natural immunity from past infection, but around eight times the case rate although that's dropped from the peak around mid April

And they still have restrictions in place.

https://www.krisinformation.se/en/hazards-and-risks/disasters-and-incidents/2020/official-information-on-the-new-coronavirus/restriktioner-och-forbud
    The link says those restrictions are not starting until June 1st, though I guess that exains why those championing their approach last year have faen silent on it in more recent times.

Talking about twisting the narrative

Dude, you were the one using stats to try to push your narrative, and then rather than look up the (readily available) actual vaccination figures just wildly guessed.

Now you're inventing a scenario whereby only 7% on Texans had received jabs.

You're all over the shop!

Dude, you were the one using stats to try to push your narrative, and then rather than look up the (readily available) actual vaccination figures just wildly guessed.

Now you're inventing a scenario whereby only 7% on Texans had received jabs.

You're all over the shop!

Dude you can't read, you didn't even bother to look at the order. Have a look, pull out your calculator and tell us all what the percentage of fully vaccinated people on the 2nd of March was.
    Everyone said Texas was wrong at the time, Experts were up in arms, now your trying to make out it was a no brainer due to the vaccine uptake at the time, Texas made the correct call.

Dude you can't read, you didn't even bother to look at the order. Have a look, pull out your calculator and tell us all what the percentage of fully vaccinated people on the 2nd of March was.
    Everyone said Texas was wrong at the time, Experts were up in arms, now your trying to make out it was a no brainer due to the vaccine uptake at the time, Texas made the correct call.

This is a fantasy based on fantasy stats you have invented.

You cant even tell the difference between when the governor made his announcement and when they took effect.

You're talking pony!

For a start.....

*you're

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're guessing at vaccination rates, excluding any information that disagrees with you agenda and, as usual, talking pony!

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. You've guessing at vaccination rates, excluding any information that disagrees with you agenda and, as usual, talking pony!

I'm not guessing anything, it's there in black and white. This is government data and you've dismissed it, dude your the one with an agenda when you can't believe what your eyes are seeing.
    I'm out you can't handle the truth..

I'm not guessing anything........

That's strange because.........
    Lumen wrote: »
    How many first doses had they done when they lifted the mask mandates?
    I'd guess sub 10%

:o

• Advertisement

For the conspiracy theorists above. Vaccination data is there in black and white all you need to do it read it.

Advertisement