Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

operation gridlock in Michigan protesting about the extension of lockdown until the end of April. I think we should do the same here the people have had enough.

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1250451713682784259

Will only lead to anarchy in that basket case country.

Only a few more weeks to go of these severe restrictions that most sensible people realise are put in place for the greater good.

It's a **** situation but we just have to abide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Danno wrote: »
    Seriously?

Who signs Irish welfare cheques... have a closer look:

89901559_626475101251617_733177125317640192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_oc=AQmdDGbBR4ma1cT9WKHu33l70rTT2tacLTauFCqevNl8ezc2lrB0EuZv-xkp8MaYlOc&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=6be74ac801594eb2076ef15d19bdc9a4&oe=5EBE3573

Is our Social Welfare minister "out of control"?

Some people :rolleyes:

True, however the context of this is very very important.

Trump has deliberately delayed the sending of these cheques to US citizens just so he can have his name added to them. To my knowledge, no other US president has had their named attached to welfare cheques.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

To eliminate what you misunderstood

Which is? So drawn out... I'm on the edge of my seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Sonics2k wrote: »
    True, however the context of this is very very important.

Trump has deliberately delayed the sending of these cheques to US citizens just so he can have his name added to them. To my knowledge, no other US president has had their named attached to welfare cheques.

Oh no not true, not true at all. The truth is far, far, far more pathetic than that.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-checks-name-signature-stimulus-treasury-stimulus-a9465891.html
    The president is not a legally permitted signatory, so instead the economic impact payments will show “President Donald J. Trump” in the memo line on the left side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Great template there above to forge cheques hintidy hint hint. An Post apparently cashes these instantly

Like and share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭threeball

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Will only lead to anarchy in that basket case country.

Only a few more weeks to go of these severe restrictions that most sensible people realise are put in place for the greater good.

It's a **** situation but we just have to abide.

Another two weeks of big government telling them to stay inside for their own good and the self appointed militias in places like Michigan will start getting itchy and kicking off. American law enforcement is not known for its restraint so you could see little Waco's kicking off all over the shop. Middle America is full of headers.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bushmaster64

Loving Trump calling out the W.H.O

We rarely get politicians who just bluntly say what everyone is thinking. Instead we get diplomacy speak to quieten dissent and then nothing happens.

In comes Trump who can clearly see institutions such as NATO, UN and WHO aren't operating as per original mandate.

Don't forget while people were dying by the dozen in China and videos emerged of people having their doors welded shut, the WHO were busy telling us there was nothing to worry about and criticising Trump for restricting Chinese travel to the US.

Oh, and as if this can't get any more laughable, China is to join the UN's 'Human Rights Council' next year to safeguard human rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We rarely get politicians who just bluntly say what everyone is thinking.

Not everyone, only idiots like him.

Not everyone, only idiots like him.

Yeah, only "idiots" are questioning the WHO right now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Trump has asked for the process to be changed so that his name can be added.

So they had to delay to change the process to now include his signature.

Wrong. Read the article by The Guardian. Trump has not "asked" or "demanded" or even "dictated" that this happen. The first line of the article indicates that - that is, if even any of the article by the "WaPo" is accurate.
    When I see terms like "Citing unnamed senior officials" being printed, it indicates another hatchet job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Yeah, only "idiots" are questioning the WHO right now :rolleyes:

Pretty sure everyone would agree the WHO let the ball drop at the start of the pandemic but that's the only thing Trump has on his side where no blame can be put on him for calling them out, but taking money from during a pandemic, now that's smart.

But don't forget he was praising the WHO and China not so long ago for transparency etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

We rarely get politicians who just bluntly say what everyone is thinking. Instead we get diplomacy speak to quieten dissent and then nothing happens.

In comes Trump who can clearly see institutions such as NATO, UN and WHO aren't operating as per original mandate.

Don't forget while people were dying by the dozen in China and videos emerged of people having their doors welded shut, the WHO were busy telling us there was nothing to worry about and criticising Trump for restricting Chinese travel to the US.

Oh, and as if this can't get any more laughable, China is to join the UN's 'Human Rights Council' next year to safeguard human rights.

Think Saudi Arabia were put in as permanent, temporary or some sort of regional leaders, for the same UN Human Rights Council, more comedy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can't believe people are still suckered in by his bullsh!t like this. How could anyone look at that sh!t show of a press conference and be impressed? I can't understand it no matter how hard I try.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Can't believe people are still suckered in by his bullsh!t like this. How could anyone look at that sh!t show of a press conference and be impressed? I can't understand it no matter how hard I try.

It beats "being moved to tears" by saint Leo live from New York, thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It beats "being moved to tears" by saint Leo live from New York, thats for sure.

How does it though? Would you honestly rather have him running the show here? Thousands of extra people are dying as a result of his inaction. That could be your family.

rapul wrote: »
    Pretty sure everyone would agree the WHO let the ball drop at the start of the pandemic but that's the only thing Trump has on his side where no blame can be put on him for calling them out, but taking money from during a pandemic, now that's smart.

But don't forget he was praising the WHO and China not so long ago for transparency etc

That's because we were mislead by the WHO and China. Initially China made the virus sequencing available quite quickly and seemed to be open about everything. Hence they got some praise from Trump.

But it's clear that China lied. It's clear that at best the WHO were mislead and naive like the rest of us to believe China, or at worst a bit more complicit. I think it was a mixture of both.

Knowing how utterly corrupt the UN bodies are and how dictatorships can team up to dominate UN institutions, the WHO cannot be trusted.

And China continues to lie about their deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

MadYaker wrote: »
    How does it though? Would you honestly rather have him running the show here? Thousands of extra people are dying as a result of his inaction. That could be your family.

His supporters, like him, have no empathy. They won't care until death is on their doorstep and they're directly affected. And even then, they still may not care.

But it's clear that China lied. It's clear that at best the WHO were mislead and naive like the rest of us to believe China, or at worst a bit more complicit. I think it was a mixture of both.

I agree and with you alrite on this but does Trump never lie?

Donny and Xi are best mates sure, he had great faith in Xi not so long ago. There's no doubt China is lying but Trump had all the information in the world and still downplayed for a long time, February was truly a wasted month for Americans

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That's because we were mislead by the WHO and China. Initially China made the virus sequencing available quite quickly and seemed to be open about everything. Hence they got some praise from Trump.

Knowing how utterly corrupt the UN bodies are and how dictatorships can team up to dominate UN institutions, the WHO cannot be trusted.

Trump was praising China in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

So you heavily disagree with Trumps assessment ( made March 27th after everyone including his son copped they were lying) that the CCP were doing a good job?

This is ridiculous. He shouts that China are doing a great job and then are doing a terrible job when it suits him. This is all about someone to blame. Trump knew China was lying and shouted their praises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Humilde

Theres hardly a leader out there who doesnt hold some responsability for lots of unnecessary deaths, Saint Varadkar included. The dogs on the street knew that these flights from China and Italy should have been stopped much earlier. Even the medical profession has a lot to answer for and the media who just went along with everything. The first country to cose their border was the USA and Trump. The Europeans were almost offended when it happened. That was the moment that Varadkar gave his speech from New York, when the proverbial was hitting the fan. These guys failed to protect the public. Of course, this is basically what always happens with the politicians idiotic decisions affecting peoples lives, but this time unfortunately it was life or death.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Wrong. Read the article by The Guardian. Trump has not "asked" or "demanded" or even "dictated" that this happen. The first line of the article indicates that - that is, if even any of the article by the "WaPo" is accurate.
    When I see terms like "Citing unnamed senior officials" being printed, it indicates another hatchet job.

Here is a quote from the article

The US Treasury has ordered Donald Trump’s name be printed on cheques to be sent to tens of millions of Americans affected by the coronavirus outbreak, a decision that will slow their delivery by several days, according to the Washington Post.

Are you suggesting that the US treasury took the decision all by themselves? You don't think POTUS even asked for it?

There is no need for any sources. We know this is not the normal way. We know that these cheques will have Trumps signature on them.

So, either it was asked for by someone, or it just magically happened. I think we can both agree that the later didn't happen.

So let's examine the former. Someone must have requested it. So whom? Maybe some rogue actor that just wants to help Trump, I'd be expecting a pretty major investigation if some random dude influenced such a signature policy. Or maybe someone with the authority from Trump.

And given what we know about Trump, do you really need an actual email or letter to put the pieces together.

But let's assume he had nothing to do with it. Don't you think he should have asked why US treasury is spending time on a non issue when the economy is going through the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

So that's a "nowhere" as to where Varadkars name appears on social welfare cheques, and a "none at all" as to the delay that was caused due to his name being on said cheques (which it isn't) I take it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭greenfield21

The way trump has dealt with this virus has been exemplary, his actions alone have saved so many lives. I hope the American people reward him with re-election in November. It would be the greatest act of self harm not to.

The way trump has dealt with this virus has been exemplary, his actions alone have saved so many lives. I hope the American people reward him with re-election in November. It would be the greatest act of self harm not to.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

rapul wrote: »
    Funniest thing I've read all day.

I actually had to check thinking it was another "new user" with a low post count :pac:

...Are you suggesting that the US treasury took the decision all by themselves? You don't think POTUS even asked for it?

There is no need for any sources...

Let's read the report again... https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/15/donald-trumps-name-to-be-printed-on-covid-19-stimulus-cheques-report
    The US Treasury has ordered Donald Trump’s name be printed on cheques to be sent to tens of millions of Americans affected by the coronavirus outbreak, a decision that will slow their delivery by several days, according to the Washington Post.

Citing unnamed senior officials at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Post reported the $1,200 cheques – being sent by the as part of a $2.3tn package enacted last month to cushion the economic blow from the pandemic – will “bear Trump’s name in the memo line, below a line that reads, ‘Economic Impact Payment’.”

The White House and the Treasury Department did not immediately respond to Reuters requests for comment, however the Post said Treasury officials disputed that the cheques would be delayed.

The Post said the “unprecedented decision” to include Trump’s name was announced to the IRS information technology team on Tuesday.

“The team, working from home, is now racing to implement a programming change that two senior officials said will likely lead to a delay in issuing the first batch of paper checks,” it said.

Trump is seeking re-election in November.

The highlighted pieces are quite alarming, when the very last line is taken in context.

Like I said earlier - a hatchet job. Why wouldn't the department talk to Reuters, but WaPo who are so loved by this administration got the word?

Two nights ago Steven Mnuchin stood in front of the nation and told them exactly when they were getting their money.

I wonder how many Democrats will actually not cash them because, God forbit the name of Orange man bad is on the memo line - perhaps it might be as high as 82%: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/even-hydroxychloroquine-politicized-53-gop-would-take-it-just-18-of-democrats - a precedent perhaps.

As I said, some people :rolleyes:

Trump was praising China in March!

First of all, a lot of countries are 'praising' China because they need China just now. Wait until this is all over and see how many countries divest from that rogue regime.

Also two things can be true at once. China could be at fault and also can do some good things.

So they lied about the virus = bad, but they released the virus sequencing = good.

Perhaps we should note also that Taiwan way back on December the 31st warned the WHO that Corona was transmissible from human to human.

It was a full month before the WHO revealed this, because the Chinese dominate the WHO and don't recognise Taiwan.

Repugnant organisation just like every UN body.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Saint Leo.

Ah I dunno.

What age are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Stateofyou wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that one day the karma bus comes to collect it's debt against Donald Trump.
    fryup wrote: »
    i hope so too........but i'm afraid Joe Biden won't be driving it
    Stateofyou wrote: »
    I think he'll beep the horn!

Biden has the charisma of a wardrobe

Advertisement