Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Danno wrote: »
    Let's read the report again... https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/15/donald-trumps-name-to-be-printed-on-covid-19-stimulus-cheques-report

The highlighted pieces are quite alarming, when the very last line is taken in context.

Like I said earlier - a hatchet job. Why wouldn't the department talk to Reuters, but WaPo who are so loved by this administration got the word?

Two nights ago Steven Mnuchin stood in front of the nation and told them exactly when they were getting their money.

I wonder how many Democrats will actually not cash them because, God forbit the name of Orange man bad is on the memo line - perhaps it might be as high as 82%: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/even-hydroxychloroquine-politicized-53-gop-would-take-it-just-18-of-democrats - a precedent perhaps.

As I said, some people :rolleyes:

Are you saying you don't believe Trumps name will be on the cheques?

Because otherwise what is that you have an issue with. Unnamed sources are irrelevant since we know the veracity of the core of the story, that Trumps name will be on the cheques.

So why and who requested it are the questions. Your distrust of the particular media outlets doesn't effect whether the story is true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

First of all, a lot of countries are 'praising' China because they need China just now. Wait until this is all over and see how many countries divest from that rogue regime.

Also two things can be true at once. China could be at fault and also can do some good things.

So they lied about the virus = bad, but they released the virus sequencing = good.

Perhaps we should note also that Taiwan way back on December the 31st warned the WHO that Corona was transmissible from human to human.

It was a full month before the WHO revealed this, because the Chinese dominate the WHO and don't recognise Taiwan.

Repugnant organisation just like every UN body.

Doesn't matter who else praised them, Trump said he had talked to Xi and had full trust in him.

So basically Trump has admitted he got completely hoodwinked by China and all his talk of Xi being great and a great relationship have been shown to be nothing but him being gullible.

Imagine if Obama had made that confession?

But if China dominate, yet US are the biggest contributor, why didn't Trump deal with this glaring issue before? Did he not know, not care, not understand? Have their been previous reports about reform?

And you are fully up to speed with every UN body that you can judge them all, or are you making a global statement based on little actual facts?

Again, nothing wrong with questioning WHO, just like we question Trump. But to dismiss an entire global body, lead in part by the US itself, is quite a stretch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

fryup wrote: »
    Biden has the charisma of a wardrobe

Ha ha maybe so. I'm mainly thinking/hoping/assuming Trump is going to politically hang himself well and good before Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Repugnant organisation just like every UN body.

Please outline your evidence for this statement using reputable sources i.e. not Fox/Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter who else praised them, Trump said he had talked to Xi and had full trust in him.

So basically Trump has admitted he got completely hoodwinked by China and all his talk of Xi being great and a great relationship have been shown to be nothing but him being gullible.

Imagine if Obama had made that confession?

But if China dominate, yet US are the biggest contributor, why didn't Trump deal with this glaring issue before? Did he not know, not care, not understand? Have their been previous reports about reform?

And you are fully up to speed with every UN body that you can judge them all, or are you making a global statement based on little actual facts?

Again, nothing wrong with questioning WHO, just like we question Trump. But to dismiss an entire global body, lead in part by the US itself, is quite a stretch.

It's almost scary how so many people have become experts on the WHO all of a sudden, and seem to think it's akin to FIFA top management. In a situation as complex as this, nobody is going to going to get every decision right and its easy to see some were wrong in hindsight. They've certainly made some mistakes in relation to China. But their mistakes have been grossly exaggerated by Trump and others, and at least in Trump's case it's as clear as day why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Im assuming Bill Gates, worth 90 Billion, will search the back off his couch and give the WHO the 400million.

Or maybe he will just tweet and complain about it...while sleeping on a bed of money

It's almost scary how so many people have become experts on the WHO all of a sudden

Add to this all the newly qualified epidemiologists we suddenly have. I never knew so many people were experts in viruses and public health in general. Eejits criticising the WHO like they have a bull's notion about what they actually did or didn't do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

JJayoo wrote: »
    Im assuming Bill Gates, worth 90 Billion, will search the back off his couch and give the WHO the 400million.

Or maybe he will just tweet and complain about it...while sleeping on a bed of money

He's been going around warning about something like this for so long, time to put his money where his mouth is :D

2u2me wrote: »
    He's been going around warning about something like this for so long, time to put his money where his mouth is :D

Pretty sure he already puts in the direction of billions into philanthropy.... Also plans to leave majority of his wealth to charity.. So the jabs are a tad painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Am I the only one who is delighting at the cretin in Chief coming out every day and making a fool of himself?

• Advertisement

Just the 45 billion donated through his foundation over the years. What have you given?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Am I the only one who is delighting at the cretin in Chief coming out every day and making a fool of himself?

Nah your not alone, Monday and Tuesday night was good television for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

fryup wrote: »
    Biden has the charisma of a wardrobe

Trump has the charisma of a corpse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Since 1985 The Gates Foundation has spent 36 billion dollars on vital works, he is well placed to fire off a few tweets against that multiple bankrupt president if he so chooses.

Just the 45 billion donated through his foundation over the years. What have you given?

That $45Bill foundation has committed $100million to the coronavirus(with another $5 million to support efforts in the greater Seattle area.)

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/philanthropypartners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭dam099

He already gave nearly half that much last year.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/How-We-Work/Quick-Links/Grants-Database#q/k=World%20Health%20Organization

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That $45Bill foundation has committed $100million to the coronavirus(with another $5 million to support efforts in the greater Seattle area.)

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/philanthropypartners

So like you said in your previous post, he put his money where his mouth is.

So like you said in your previous post, he put his money where his mouth is.

Doesn't seem like a lot of money to be fair. Especially in relative terms.

Doesn't seem like a lot of money to be fair. Especially in relative terms.

How much have you contributed?

rapul wrote: »

Well I've been paying my fair share of tax. Gates hasn't.

• Advertisement

Well I've been paying my fair share of tax. Gates hasn't.

You cannot compare what you've done to Bill Gates haha come on like, wow

You cannot compare what you've done to Bill Gates haha come on like, wow

You were the one that asked what have I done, literally comparing me to gates. Then in the next breath you say this.. just wow.

You were the one that asked what have I done, literally comparing me to gates. Then in the next breath you say this.. just wow.

Yeah cause u called out Bill Gates that has and will do more than you, myself or anyone will ever do, but you pay your taxes well done, so yeah wow

Edit. You mentioned him first with the tax comment....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Since 1985 The Gates Foundation has spent 36 billion dollars on vital works, he is well placed to fire off a few tweets against that multiple bankrupt president if he so chooses.
    There are plenty of rumours and conspiracy theories that Bill wants everyone on the planet to receive his backed/influenced special vaccine.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8215261/Roger-Stone-says-idea-Bill-Gates-created-coronavirus-microchip-people-open-debate.html

Yes, he's been banging on about Pandemic X for years now, even had simulation right before the WuFlu (Event 201), then resigned from MSoft just last month on 17 Mar, to speed up his opportunistic plans and throw more billions into it.

The technologist has placed himself as a virologist, and (unappointed) leader of the global response to this.

He wants a national tracking system (digital certificate) for all US citizens
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/11/bill-gates-anthony-fauci-unelected-destroyers-free/

...better still is closely involved with www.id2020.org, which is a push for 'DigitalIDs' (this bit is where his tech background comes in). This, for the global population would appear to be birth-to-death blockchain biometric persistant (non evasive) compulsary tracking and identification.

There is likely only one method to acheive such an lofty aspiration, and a convienent time to issue quantum-dot tattoos, or some other nano-tech passive RFID (better than bluetooth), would be at time of vaccine rollout. Africa and India would be the likely early candidates, not the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭threeball

I'm sorry, either you posted the wrong article or you're imagination is running away with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

Saw a headline that the LA mayor is saying no sport g events/concerts till 2021.

Even for me that seems over the top. I am for keeping things closed down at the moment but really no one knows what it will be like in October. I guess it can be overturned later.

Unfortunately can't get the nittty gritty due to them not being EU compliant (always wonder what they are doing since it can't be that arduous to comply)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How does this
    French President Emmanuel Macron said he has backing for a world truce during the coronavirus pandemic and is hopeful he can secure RussianPresident Vladimir Putin's support.

Equate to "begging for help"?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Christy42 wrote: »
    Saw a headline that the LA mayor is saying no sport g events/concerts till 2021.

You saw a headline?

Anyway even the headline didn't even say that.
    Los Angeles mayor says large gatherings like concerts and sporting events may not come back until 2021

Here is the article for anyone who doesn't just get their news from reading a headline incorrectly.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/los-angeles-mayor-coronavirus-concerts-cnntv/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Christy42

Boggles wrote: »
    You saw a headline?

Anyway even the headline didn't even say that.

Here is the article for anyone who doesn't just get their news from reading a headline incorrectly.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/los-angeles-mayor-coronavirus-concerts-cnntv/index.html

The headline said what I said. I am able to read cnn articles mate. I pointed out I was not able to read the article due to location remember? Please make less assumptions about what I read if you wish to be snarky.

The headline I read was inaccurate though but I couldn't see it elsewhere at the time so figured I would be up front about the limitations. I have no idea if the article is better quality. I had hoped it was a decent local news station but alas it is clickbait).

https://twitter.com/kron4news/status/1250546483994038273?s=20

Advertisement